5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave Steamer
Published on 18 Oct 2010 by J. S. Whitmore

3.0 out of 5 stars steamer
It is okay but it woudl be good to have some sort of handle to take the insert out when it comes out of the microwave as it is very hot and can be a bit dangerous. Otherwise it is fine.
Published 21 months ago by Sue

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave Steamer, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
This is my third similar item I have bought over ten years. As I am over 80 and live alone it is a brilliant piece of kitchen equipment, and it is also the cheapest. I can have my five portions of of vegetables 3 or 4 times a week without any bother all cooked at the same time. I just give any root vegetables 12 minutes and add any greens after 6 minutes and they all come out perfectly cooked and leaves the minimum of washing up. Great for students or folks living alone. A brilliant idea that really works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 April 2011
Mrs. J. Peck "Nutty Lit" (N E Lincs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fantastic little product - does just what it says on the box!
My veggies have never tasted so good, my husband and children think so too.
All the instructions you needed were on the box (including the recommendation to always use oven gloves when handling and how long to cook for).
I'm really glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave Steamer, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
This steamer does just the job. Good size & still fits in the microwave. We steam our vegetables,rice etc
in half the time. Brilliant product. No messy pots/pans and its dishwasher safe.
We have just bought this one to replace one we've had for several years thats had
its day. Great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft 3 part steamer, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
Very good product which is very easy to use and also very easy to wash. Just takes alittle time to get the cooking time

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
This works well for rice and penne pasta as well as veg. I have only used when cooking for myself so don't know how it would cope for more than one portion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave Steamer, 14 Oct 2009
C. J. Reeve - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic item for the kitchen. Cooks rice etc. to perfection with no worries of burnt pans or having to clean them. Easily washed afterwards in warm water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this simple microwave steamer to steam vegeatables for our baby. Within minutes I am able to prepare batches of meals for her and this truly is beneficial for me as I work full time but still want to give to her home cooked fresh food. The steamer is small enough to store easily when not in use but large enough to steam vegetables for 2 daults dinner.
Great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamed Up, 28 Mar 2011
C. Barker "reflux" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent product, does what it says. very good value and prompt delivery.
The best product of its kind that i have found and is my second purchase because of previous experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and great value, 9 Dec 2011
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
I use this a couple of times a week and have done over the past 8 months or more. It is as good today as it was when I bought it. There is no discolouration of the basket and it still looks good. I use this to prepare fresh vegetables as my smaller one doesn't cope well with fresh veg. Follow the instructions, I would suggest a minute less at first then check your vegetables. You will soon work out the best time. The only issue I ever have is when doing frozen sprouts with other veg. I now give the sprouts an extra minute before adding the rest of the veg.

This is probably big enough to do veg for 3 people but no more not unless you like small portions. I find this is the most economical way to produce nice vegetables.

4.0 out of 5 stars cooks rice brilliantly, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set (Kitchen & Home)
cooks rice brilliantly, just remember to put boiling water in and make sure the water covers the rice, 10 to 12 mins on full power, leave it for 5 mins in the microwave to finish off. All the starchy water ends up in the bottom and the rich is firm and not soggy at all.
I've started to tape the top down when cooking rice as it tends to bubble up and the water spills out, this is a design fault and a simple twist lock on it would do the job, hence only 4 stars.

Kitchen Craft 2.2 L Microwave Steamer Set