5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for avoiding & repairing groin/hamstring injuries
Published on 22 July 2011 by MC Zaptone

3.0 out of 5 stars They do make a difference!!
First of all - these shorts do make a difference. I've been carrying a groin injury which flares up when I run. Since using these shorts I have not had any pain from it. My only gripe is the fit. The shorts have a tendancey to slip down and you find yourself constantly pulling them up. For the price though they do a good job at supporting your hips/legs
Published 11 months ago by Ash

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for avoiding & repairing groin/hamstring injuries, 22 July 2011
Unlike other cheaper products available, these shorts are made by support specialists LP SUPPORTS. If you go into any qualified physios treatment room or to a reputable sports store these are the support products that they generally carry and recommend. A good tight fit but not constricting, allowing full movement while keeping the upper leg warm and supported. They will help take care of repairing ligaments and muscles and provide protection against injury. They wash well and are long lasting. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review other brands are available for a couple of pounds less but why take a chance on quality and risk further injury?
As a guide for size: My waist is around 33" (84cm) and Medium is a good fit for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Mar. 2012
This review is from: LP Sports Compression Sports Shorts - (Sports Apparel)
I do Martial Arts and I purchased these shorts due to a hamstring injury I picked up at training. I wanted to buy a pair of shorts that would give me some support around that area, and prevent the injury happening again when I returned to training after resting my hamstring. These shorts did the trick! I wear them every time I train and I definitely feel the difference. I wouldn't train without them now, as it is easy for a hamstring injury to re-occur. I feel much more confident when doing my stretches and kicks now. Highly recommended! I am a 33" - 34" waist, and the Medium size are a good fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic groin support, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LP Sports Compression Sports Shorts - (Sports Apparel)
This is my first review for a product on Amazon, and thought it would be useful for other people who find themselves in a similar situation to what I experienced. I recently carried a groin injury (caused by playing football) on and off for approximately 14 months. Recently I bought a pair of these shorts, and they have helped my troublesome groin to heal, to the extent that I am now back playing football 3 times a week. They are tighter fitting than other brands and provide excellent support, and don't restrict your movement.

I have tried a couple of other compression shorts/groin supports, also ordered from Amazon, but in my personal experience I have found these shorts have been the most effective at helping my injury to heal and preventing it from recurring.

I would recommend these shorts to anybody who has a groin problem, particularly if you play football or other similar sports involving sharp turns or stretching of your groin muscles. I haven't had any problems whatsoever since I started wearing these.

3.0 out of 5 stars They do make a difference!!, 5 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 15 Sept. 2012
I really rate these. Got a pair ages ago from a runners shop after i had a bad groin strain and needed some protection whilst easing back into sport. The compression is really good; not restricting but good enough to give a nice feeling of security. Got my second pair from Amazon as I now know and trust the brand and the online price and ordering is far better than travelling to specialist shops to purchase. Tried some Nike ones also but the compression was feeble compared to these and more aimed at fashion than performance. I use them now whenever i do any intensive sport (e.g.. squash) or if i'm doing sport on successive days and muscles might be tired and prone to strains - the warmth and support means much less likely to have any problems. Feel good to wear too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support for hamstring injuries, 2 Nov. 2013
I'm a runner and I've had hamstring problems on and off for 5 or 6 years. Since buying these shorts I've felt more confident and so far the hamstring has held up. They wash easily, although it must be in cold water and air dry. However, this is something which is normal for this type of material. I' really pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and effective (bit itchy), 14 July 2013
R. Bond (Bucks UK) - See all my reviews
Very useful to help heal and support an injury but also to prevent more. Clingy which they have to be, do make you sweat and itch a bit but worth the slight discomfort to support groin and quads. Was able to continue playing with an injury when wearing them and havent had an injury since. Definitely worth wearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts and good support, 6 Feb. 2014
Mr. Kelvin Griffiths (Wrexham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought these shorts to help with an old groin injury that has flared up recently. I use them, in conjunction with anti inflammatories, when I go walking e.g.- golf, walking dog etc.They are very comfortable to wear and give noticeable support. A bit itchy at first, but I got used to it and don't notice it any more.
Would recommend these shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars durable and strong, 30 Aug. 2013
The best i have worn.
most others rip at the elastic, or fall down when you run, these are on a par with Armour and SUD compressor shorts, but slightly tip the scales and hit the top.
very good indeed, however... i was looking for a thicker pair, like a wet suit type thickness, these are not that thick, so just bare that in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item., 18 July 2013
As a fast bowler in his late 30s, I'd been suffering with groin and thigh injuries for some time. Not any more. These keep everything up together, warm and tight, but very comfortable at the same time. Feels like it's taken 5 years off me. One of the best investments I have ever made, I can't recommend them enough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›