4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison with NHS hearing aid
Published on 4 Sep 2010 by birtwhistle

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible
Instructions impossible to understand. Lights did not come on that (I think) were essential. Volume of sound was made louder, but fuzzy. Have returned item and asked for refund.
Published 15 months ago by Jan Shirley

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison with NHS hearing aid, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Good Ideas Digital Rechargeable Hearing Aid (698) - Hear with perfect accuracy with digital technology Enhance your Hearing
I bought this item after losing 2 NHS hearing aids (Siemens) and being too embarrassed to go back and ask for another replacement. It does what it says, and I find it just as effective as the Siemens one. There are some drawbacks - the volume control is stiff, so I find I have to take it out of my ear to adjust it: it's more visible than the NHS one , and there is no facility to tune in to a hearing loop. On the other hand, the "noise filter" setting is more effective than the Siemens one - it cuts out the over-amplification of top notes when listening to music, and the noise of traffic when you're walking down the road. Good value for money, I'd say.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful product, 3 April 2010
Mrs. P. D. De Boer (Wiltshire England) - See all my reviews
Purchased this item for my husband who has High frequency deafness. Was very surprised when he first used it and said how well he was able to hear the television. Now the walls no longer vibrate when we view....the TV is set at a sensible level.

Digital aid is easy to maintain and charging is done overnight ready for next day.

The price was very good , as we have seen the same item quite a bit dearer in advertisements in the press.

Overall very happy with the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE & GREAT PRODUCT!, 13 April 2010
Excellent, prompt and efficient customer service with Garden Olympia! I highly recommend them because they go that extra step to make sure you are a satistfied customer. As for the Rechargeable Digital Hearing Aid I highly recommend it to anyone who has hearing difficulty. I have used one before very successfully for the past four months from another company and it has just gone faulty that is why I ordered another one here. It helped me function almost normally hearing customers and staff members better in my retail work, hearing all said at meetings as well as carrying on daily activies at home with my husband watching TV and having conversations with him having to repeat or tune the volumes up. The beauty is that for me it can filter out all background noise and allow you to hear what you need to hear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear , Hear, - Delighted, 4 Nov 2011
Now 70, the hearing in my left ear has been deteriorating over a couple of years so I decided to give this device a try:
It's very light, 7 grams, after a few minutes wearing I was not aware of it on my ear.
It does not compromise the fit of my spectacles in any way.
Finding the right setup for me took about an hour of adjustments. My initial volume setting prompted me to turn the TV volume so low that others couldn't hear it properly! Now I have the TV volume set so that it is comfortable for all of us. My family don't have to raise their voices anymore and are now alerted that I can hear them if they whisper to each other! My most comfortable settings on this device are about 30% volume and 'noise-free' set to 'on'. I wear it all day and forget it's on. It really is like having a new lease of life.
I recommend this device for any similar 'age-related' kind of hearing loss.
Note: When I first read the description of this device I thought it was powered by an AA battery and wondered how heavy it would be! In fact, it contains a cell that is recharged via a supplied mains-powered unit when the device is inserted into its docking station. It can also be recharged from an AA battery in the docking station, useful when traveling. The AA battery supplied is not a rechargeable type though I guess one externally charged would work just as well.
Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for this..., 23 Oct 2010
Thank goodness for this hearing device..My husband aged 77 has just lost his hearing and while he waits to go down the nhs route I thought I would look to see if I could buy him something that would do in the meantime.He is housebound and watching t.v is one of the only pleasures he has left in life.Watching t.v. without hearing it diminishes the pleasure loads.
I ordered this after reading the great reviews.. and it's the best thing ever.After charging it for 5 hours I placed it in my husband's 'good' ear and he could hear me talk as plain as anything,and the t.v is at a normal level.It works a treat.
Try it...you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 4 Aug 2010
G. F. Kavanagh "scooby" (belfast) - See all my reviews
having spent a right few quid on other hearing aids and hearing enhancers which were absolute rubbish i came across this one and boy i am glad i did,having read positive reviews i bought one and gave it a try out i am impressed with the construction of it and the ease of use,it is very easy to set up and use it comes with a nf...noise free setting which in my book is an absolute must,recharging couldnt be simpler you have the choice of a battery which is supplied or use the mains.limeshop were the distrubitors and they done an excellent job ie perfect packaging and swift delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIGITAL HEARING AID, 1 Nov 2010
I bought this product for my father. He is delighted! His previous hearing aid that cost 330 pounds broke. This exercise is ideal. Dad hears us no problem, watching TV without any interruption. Finally lives as before. We are happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 21 May 2009
rossuk (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I already have the analogue version (Magic Ear) and now I bought the digital version. It has sturdier constuction and it also has a background noise filter which the analogue one did not have. It comes with a nice case with three sizes of earpieces. It comes with a variable voltage recharger so it should be able to be used abroad. There is also a volume control.

The case includes a rechargeable AA battery so you can charge the earpiece while travelling. What I find amazing about this product, is that if the ear piece battery dies out, it only needs about 5 minutes recharging and you get another hour of hearing. And there is more, it includes a free spouse filter, the on/off button:-)

If you struggle with this difficulty, as I do, then you will find this hearing device useful. You can get a "proper" hearing device from the NHS for free, but it will take about 8 months. The NHS hearing aid is worth about £1,000.

5.0 out of 5 stars RECHARGEABLE DIGITAL HEARING AID (698), 18 May 2011
I have used this item for two years and have been delighted with it. The one I have is in fact the second I have purchased. I love it! It is comfortable to wear, it works well, and has transformed my day to day life.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 8 May 2012
I have a moderate hearing loss in both ears and have tried numerous hearing aids over a lot of years. The problem with most modestly priced aids is the sound quality, and I have wasted a lot of time and money over the years trying to get one to suit my hearing needs. This aid arrived promptly and was fully charged when it arrived. I have been wearing it for two days now with no problems. The volume control is good and the instructions for charging are very clear and simple. The aid and charger come in a neat small hard plastic case 6cm by 8cm which fits easily into a bag or pocket. The charging can be done by mains electricity or battery which is really useful. The quality of sound is about 7 on a scale of 1 to 10 which is more than adequate for my hearing, and it did not cost the earth, so I am very pleased so far with this purchase.