5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun and benefits for moggie
This is a great little device. The idea is simple. Fill it with treats and let your cat 'earn' them by being rewarded for his hard work. It's meant to help keep cats slim as they have to exercise to get their food, but it's equally great to use just as a toy and to keep them interested.

The ball is easy to fill, the bottom twists off and you shove in the...
Published on 17 Dec. 2010 by The Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible
It has only a few limited opening positions and none work for us - either it just spills all the contents on the floor in a moment, or none come out at all.
It is also too big really - our cat prefers smaller toys.
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by N. Tuson

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars uhmmm its ok, 28 Oct. 2011
This review is from: PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green (Misc.)
I cant really rate this as the cat has not even looked at it! fail so far, waiting for him to get interested. one thing I do agree with from previous comments- the ball is impossible to open at first. Once you know, its easy enough. ps the trick is to open the end lid, not the slit in the middle.

3.0 out of 5 stars slimcat ball, 5 Jan. 2012
Red (Brighton) - See all my reviews
Didn't really expect this to work as well as it did for some of the other customers but then my cat is very unusual to say the least, he is a very large cat, very clever and has an insatiable appetite. It is a battle to keep his weight down as he has many weird and wonderful ways to procure food in and out of the house! This ball is a bit of a joke to him, he puts one paw on it and rolls it in small circles which gets the food out with little to no exercise,or he literally picks it up with his claws in the holes and shakes with great results. So didn't really help in my plight to keep him slim but was quite amusing to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 10 Jan. 2011
Bought as a toy really, rather than a weight loss solution, but it is brilliant nevertheless - keeps our cats entertained for hours! My one comment would be that the instructions on how to open it should be on the outside of the ball rather than inside!!! Recommended for all cats!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the weightloss aid we hoped, but good for treats, 21 April 2014
This review is from: PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green (Misc.)
Bought this as our kitty was getting a little large and needed to be a little more active.
Tried her dry food in it, she wasn't interested, unless we batted it around releasing the food.
It did work with dreamies treats. I think its because she could smell them better. We've tried a few different treats in there normally she goes mad for felix treats, but after sniffing it she walked off. Dreamies seem to be the only one she really notices in the ball.

It is hard to open up and clean, but very easy to fill and adjust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your cat entertained and helps them to eat more slowly,, 22 Dec. 2010
My main reason for purchasing this was to try and combat my cats greed and constant miaowing for dry food, which once he got he would eat at a tremendous speed.

He took to the ball straight away, rolling it around with his right paw until biscuits would drop out. He now knows that the only way he is going to get the biscuits is out of the ball, and it keeps him entertained for quite a while. I usually put around 10 biscuits in and adjust the hole so one drops out around once every 10-20 seconds when rolled around.

I would recommend this product to all cat owners - and its so cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tubby cats, 7 Jun. 2014
K. Prior - See all my reviews
My cat is a LaPerm, which has some characteristics of the Siamese type. This type is known to bolt their food, sometimes so greedily that they bring it right back up again. She was also gaining weight whilst only on Applaws dry food and occasional tuna water. I bought two of these pink feed balls and put ALL her food into them. She worked out immediatly how to use them, at first pushing them along with her forehead, but after some weeks working out that a quick skite with her paw rolled the ball further, emptying more pieces of food out. In a year she has lost 1.5kg in weight and is now the correct weight for her size. She has never brought her food back up since she's used these either. I would heartily recommend these for owners of overweight cats, or fot easily bored cats, as they have to work at getting their food, keeping them occupied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food ball, 28 Dec. 2011
I purchased this ball in the hope that my cat (who is on a diet at the moment) would run around chasing the ball to get the food. Unfortunately I did not foresee my clever cat sussing out how to get the food out without too much effort! This is no reflection on the purpose of the ball. It took her a couple of days to work out how to get the food out and once she had mastered that, I closed it up a little to make it harder for the biscuits to fall out. This did work eventually but she generally goes round in circles "batting" the ball to get the biscuits out. No running around like a mad cat here I'm afraid but she is a very lazy cat at the best of times. All in all the ball is a good idea and hopefully other cats would put a bit more effort into getting the food.

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 20 Oct. 2011
My cat lives to eat, so for sometime I have had to use a food ball to stop her gobbling up her dry food, and then bringing it back up or just getting fat! I have tried several types of ball and this one is by far the easiest to fill. There is a choice of two sizes of outlet holes, so that different brands of food may be used but there are three of these holes, which I feel is two too many. I am going to see if I can block them up so as to restrict the amount of food given out at any one time and give my cat more exercise. Delivery was very quick and I'm glad I ordered three at the outset as it makes my life easier because I can put two balls down at a time and stay out for long periods knowing that my cat has food available in restricted amounts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat likes it, 28 Feb. 2014
Helen George "HennaMay" (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
If I know I am going to be out all day and into the evening, I pop some treats into this and leave it somewhere not to obvious for moggy chops to find. He likes batting it around to get the treats out. He took to it almost straight away. It has holes which can be size adjusted for different sizes of treat or kibble. I put treats in, put it on the floor in front of cat, showed him that i could bat it and a treat popped out. Then I took his paw and showed him that he could bat it too and he could get a treat to pop out. He can also nose nudge it to get the treats. This was developed to allow fat cats to eat more slowly and work for their food, but I use it for treats on occasions when I think he needs to have something to do - like on wet days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for easily bored siamese!, 5 Oct. 2014
Ms. C. E. Vincent "clomojo" (uk, stroud) - See all my reviews
Great for hyperactive siamese! I have a highly demanding siamese male with abandonment issues (2 previous owners - he was 6 by the time we adopted him & his sister) he needs a lot of attention & stimulation as he's easily bored. Figured this would be ideal as he would get destructive when we'd go to work.
He worked it out immediately & was soon pushing it around emptying it of treats. Our other siamese just doesn't get it so I guess different cats with levels of intelligence will take to it better than others but it certainly does the trick for him!
Great for any sized treats (thanks to all the adjustable holes & twisting system) even works with the crumbly dried chicken pieces which are a healthy alternative to normal treats!

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›