5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun and benefits for moggie
This is a great little device. The idea is simple. Fill it with treats and let your cat 'earn' them by being rewarded for his hard work. It's meant to help keep cats slim as they have to exercise to get their food, but it's equally great to use just as a toy and to keep them interested.

The ball is easy to fill, the bottom twists off and you shove in the...
Published on 17 Dec. 2010 by The Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible
It has only a few limited opening positions and none work for us - either it just spills all the contents on the floor in a moment, or none come out at all.
It is also too big really - our cat prefers smaller toys.
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by N. Tuson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun and benefits for moggie, 17 Dec. 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

The ball is easy to fill, the bottom twists off and you shove in the biscuits and nibbles - the you twist the body of the ball which adjusts the sizes of the wholes the food falls out of. Your cat smells the food and nudges the ball around so the nibbles fall out.

One thing to consider - it does get a bit annoying if you have hard wooden floors. It gets a bit noisy. A great product and great idea overall. My cats love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for reawakening your cat's inner kitten, 26 April 2010
Ms. K. J. Hourd "Kendra Hourd" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This has been a godsend for my cat Fred. He had a weight problem and has a tendency to eat whatever food is available. This treat ball makes him work for his food and stops him eating for the sake of it. The size of the holes to release food are adjustable and his reduced calorie, urinary tract kibble fits fine. Its easy to fill by unscrewing the top cap too. This gadget also seems to have made him more playful again by engaging his hunting instinct. Very very occasionally he's batted the ball across the hall and scattered kibble everywhere, but the vast majority of the time he only knocks it around at his feet and stops to eat the moment food drops out. Fred weighed 7.5kg, but is now 6.5kg which is much more the size he should be (he's a large framed cat anyway). My ball is getting a little loose now as I've had it a while, but I wouldn't hesitate buying a replacement. My only problem is finding where he's left the ball when he's emptied it LOL. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, just need to convince my cats!, 27 Jan. 2011
Emile Zola reader "Gervaise" (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green (Misc.)
This is a great little product and easy to use for the human. The bottom of the ball just twists off, you place the dried munchies inside the ball, twist the cap back on, decided how big the holes in the ball need to be to allow the muchie through and then lock it in place. Couldn't be simpler. My two cats were bouncing up and down to be fed so I rolled the ball towards them (little munchies falling away from the ball as I did) and cats did a bunk out of the cat door! They came back in, sniffed the ball, decided it was no threat then settled down for a kip. Lesson to human, they are as conditioned as I am in that when they hear my car pull up, it's feeding time, hungry or not. I decided to leave them to it and not put food down, after all, a 7kg cat who can work out that the pack of dried food is kept in the top cupboard and manages to open the door, knock the huge bag to the floor and tear through it for a midnight feast for him and his brother can definitely work out how to knock a ball around, right? Wrong!

I have decided that my 6 year old moggies have become too used to silver service and that's why they are so overweight and idle. The product is good, it rolls with the lightest of touch even when filled with food and it seems sturdy enough. I can't blame the Slimcat ball - one of us is burning calories chasing it round the carpet and two of us are looking on bemused. Meanwhile, it's a waiting game to see who caves in first . . . .

Follow up to my review: Last night I made the moggies go hungry because they turned their noses up at their usual good quality dinner and hey presto! In the morning the ball - which had been hanging around since last week - was empty! So I haven't got moronic moggies, just lazy ones, the ball works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Test your cats intelligence!, 7 Oct. 2010
This review is from: PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green (Misc.)
I read the other two reviews and was a little worried that a)I would not be able to work out how to open the ball and b)the cat would not be able to work it out!

never fear, it is easy to open the ball, just turn the bar on the bottom of the ball. The ball itself has ajustable openings so different sized food is not a problem, and as your cat gets used to the ball, you can adjust them smaller to make it more difficult for the food to drop out and therefore make your cat work harder.

Bailey had no trouble with the ball once she got over the pride issue of having to work for her food (she used to wait until you had left the room before patting the ball!).

For the cost it is worth giving it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant at keeping puss active, 16 Feb. 2013
Kenneth Huggins (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
My cat Muffin was a stray, purchased from Cats Protection after having been found caught in a badger trap for an unknown period of time. He's tough as the proverbial old boots, and cool as the proverbial cucumber, but perhaps as a result of his trap trauma he does tend to wolf down his food... and in particular his dried food. I've long given my cats more dried food than wet, as a means of keeping their teeth clean and their gums free of disease, so it was a disappointment that he simply swallowed his dried food whole. Then I discovered the PetSafe ball and it saved the day, fantastic ! When he only gets one or two dried nibbles at a time he makes the effort to crunch them. It also gives him plenty of exercise, biffing it around the kitchen/diner floor and leaping on any dried nibbles that fall out. It took him just seconds to work out, perhaps because I rolled it for him the very first time until a nibble appeared as if by magic. Now he eagerly waits for it to be loaded and placed on the floor in front of him. We have experienced a very strange phenomena whereby he manages to lose the ball. We only live in a small bungalow, so it's not as if there is a vast expanse in which a ball this size can be lost, but somehow he's managed to lose two so far and I've just started him on a 3rd one yesterday. This latest ball now has a length of string tied to it, which I'm hoping will make it more visible if he manages to lose it yet again. Can't recommend this product highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat ball, 3 Jan. 2011
Ms. Sandra Drury "sandrad1" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green (Misc.)
Bought this for my two cats, and they took to it straight away, it's very easy to fill and you just twist the adjustment to the size of what's inside. It's also lightwieght unlike a previous one I bought. I think the fact it's also see through helps. A great idea to get your cats to work for their treats or biscuits. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the price, 4 Oct. 2011
i bought this product for my obese cat, he is very very lazy and my vet suggested i buy a product like this to help him lose weight. I wasn't sure he would be able to work it out as he is not the brightest of beasts haha but he did!, in fact my other more clever cats just let him do all the work of getting the food out and ate all his food !!!!!!! well thats one way to lose weight i guess. I found this product a really good and cheap way to help my cat be more active, it will dispense most size of cat biscuits and is easy to clean, only thing is i have to go find it under tables and stuck behind cutains etc when i need to fill it up lol. All in all it was well worth the little amount of money it cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 4 Feb. 2012
N. Tuson (Europe) - See all my reviews
It is also too big really - our cat prefers smaller toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it so much I bought a second for a friend., 14 Mar. 2011
A really well designed product. I put small pieces of cooked chicken inside and my 10 year old cat adores it. He tend to pull it towards him and ends with it stashed under his tummy or else he gently nuzzles it with his head but he does bat it lightly too. He ends up going round in slow circles so I'm not sure he will lose much weight but at least it gives him something to think about and keeps his brain active. When food falls out he makes snuffling and grunting noises of pleasure as he eats and I am sure it is because he is feeling pleased with himself at his success. I especially like this one as you can take the end off to wash and dry it which is why I feel able to put chicken in it (as a change from his dry biscuits). The choice of varied hole sizes is also a great idea as it works well with different sized biscuits. I liked it so much I bought a second one for my friend's cats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toy rather than slimming aid, 23 Aug. 2011
I tend to use this ball for small numbers of treats rather than for full meals but find it very useful - it you feed her from the hand she will instantly wolf down and beg for more but this can keep her occupied and happy for ages. Our cat is normally quite quick to catch on but I did have to demonstrate this for half an hour before she got the picture. Its robust, easy to use and clean, variable size holes very useful for different size foods. I have to say that I don't know how much extra exercise this would give your pet (unless you have a very old and/or inactive animal) especially as it sometimes gets wedged in corners and has to be set free however she seems to find it fun. Its a great way of rationing if you have an animal that wolfs its food (our cat does after sharing with a bullying animal previously). Excellent value.

PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green