5.0 out of 5 stars A rare breath of fresh air...
This series is a rare breath of fresh air in the old-fashioned and stuffy subject of canine psycology.
Published on 5 Jan. 2010 by klynn

2.0 out of 5 stars Dog Whisperer
The Dog Whisperer DVD portrays a whole range of behavioural problems in dogs which many dog owners will no doubt be able to relate to. Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, has an incredible way with dogs and without fail, he is always able to solve such issues. As the owner of three dogs I thought the DVD would provide me with the answers to some of their behavioural problems...
Published on 7 Aug. 2009 by Mrs. Wendy E. Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare breath of fresh air..., 5 Jan. 2010
klynn - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Humans tend to forget they are themselves animals and no greater or more in tune with nature because they can analyse it. Cesar's way is the most humane and easy way to live a full happy existance with your dog. He show's there are many more failings on the owners part than that of the dog's and if we all just open our eyes and our minds we can help ourselves revert to a more peaceful existance as well as our dogs!
If any one interested in true canine psycology hasn't studied a happy, well-adjusted, sociable wolf pack (even briefly, or on the tv) they'll probably be shocked at Cesars approach. Believe me, his methods are the most humane and gentle i've ever seen.
He shows us how to observe and understand energy, a technique that helps me as much with humans as it does with my dogs! He also helps us to realise a dog is a huge responsibility, moreso than any of us realise.

In short he brings new adventure and acceptance and peace to the often over-analysed 'canine psycology' industry. Remember, DOGS ARE NOT HUMANS and that is not a bad thing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful DVD for new dog owner., 4 May 2010
Mrs. C. Gregson (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
We have a 5 month old puppy and were looking for advice as we had never had a dog before. I found this DVD to be really enlightening. It's a natural tendency to treat the dog as you would a child when it is a young vulnerable puppy, but Cesar Milan, who obviously has a real affinity with dogs, demonstrates over and over with his no nonsense style that the dog needs to know that it is a dog, and is happy once it knows its place. It has really helped us with our bouncy labradoodle!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsory viewing for all dog owners, 21 Jun. 2009
T. Stretton "tarkamerl" (mid-Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Cesar Millan really knows dogs and this (and all his work) will teach you not only how to fulfill your canine companion, but also make you a calmer, more assertive person. I strongly advise anyone who is ever going to come into contact with a dog to at least watch some of this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see for dog owners, 1 May 2010
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
The first series of the dog whisperer was shot as quickly and as cheaply as the the production company dared. Cesar and the crew would turn up at the clients house, assess the situation and film as he worked his "magic" before driving off to the next case. As a result this series is not as slick or in HD and the episodes are shorter but I quite like that, because it shows how quickly Cesar's methods work. There was no time for re-shoots or trickery what you see on screen is what happened.
As for his methods, well i've used them with my dog and they really do work. His rules are simple and easy to understand (for both the owner and the dog) but they do require consistancy from the owner.
Cesar has been criticised by some people in the past who claim his methods are too harsh. I assume these people have not watched the series because no dogs are ever hurt and most are rehabilitated.
Cesar trains dogs by using rules and actions that they will understand. It sounds straightforward enough but check out a few standard dog training manuals and compare the difference.
As I said before Cesars methods have worked with my dog and also with friends dogs and I would definitely recommend any of his dvds to all dog owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cesar Millan is a Genius!, 27 Feb. 2010
S. Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I recommend Dog Whisperer to any dog owner, but if you do have a problem behaviour you will probably see it displayed in at least one episode!

It has totally transformed the way I approach my 2 year old Bichon. He has responded almost immediately to the new techniques I have tried, he now trots by my side out on a walk! I definately feel much more in control of him, instead of thinking his bad behaviour was just 'his personality'

I cannot wait to get Series 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant DVD, 17 Aug. 2010
Dominic Tomlin "Cockney Sparrow." (Spain, originally London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I can't rate this DVD enough, I have two dogs, one retriever labrador mix and the other a german shepard labrador mix. Within a few minutes both dogs were more obidient and submissive. I have a very large space outside my home, which they can run around so I never used to walk the dogs, thinking they could get enough excerise, but after watching the DVD and realising the impotance, I have started walking both dogs daily and it is amazing how much they and I enjoy the benefits, they truely see me now as their pack leader and obey all my commands. The training is on going and my wife is also seeing the benefits when she walks them. This is a truely amazing DVD, putting into practice the things I have learnt, in a few short minutes my dogs were so much more responsive. All I can say is Thankyou Cesar Millan.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing DVD i ever had, 30 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
i dont know who is cesar millan before but now i love him so much. he really did a miracle job to the dogs and the pet leader. i have a 4 years old rottweiler but i gave up to walk with him for a year because he pulling a lot & act too exciting to the other dogs. But now i am so happy to walk with him after watching cesar's DVD , my dog behave much more better, cesar really help so much. cesar's dog techniques and his knowledge of the dogs psychology help so much to the dogs owner. you should have at least 1 of his DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars For all dog owners, 16 Sept. 2009
L. Cantrill - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Anyone who either owns a dog, or walks a friends dog/s, will learn so much from this series.
Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer) understands dogs completely and resolves seemingly impossible canine problems, within minutes sometimes, and always within a few hours.
It's a joy to see him with his own pack of around forty rescued dogs of every size, shape and breed behaving perfectly.
A good gift for anyone you know who may have issues with a 'problem' dog - almost always the problem is a human one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm in love!, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I could watch this over and over again! Filled with gorgeous canines and hours of dog psychology, tips, information and direction from the lovely Cesar Milan. If you've seen this on TV then don't think you'll be seeing anything new as it is simply the entire series from the TV, but if you haven't seen Cesar Milan in action then this is a real honest to goodness treat. From chihuahuas to Pit Bulls, this series takes you through a whole gamut of problem dog behaviour (and some problem owner behaviour) and the happy outcomes once they've met Cesar. Entertaining, amusing and heartwarming, the answers to most problem dog behaviours are covered in this dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cesar is a marvel, 12 Jun. 2009
A. Pawlowska-Brown "cleomylove" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I love dogs. I have always tried to defend "bad" dogs from accusations by bad people who were saying, that some dogs can even kill ( all those terible stories taken out of concept by some stupid, looking for another sensational, idiotic story media with the aim to make even more morons to buy their newspaper), but I didn't have good enough arguments. Having dogs and loving them dearly, I still couldn't properly understand nor their psyche or their needs. Now thank to Cesar I finally learnt a lot more about those great creatures and my gratitude is enormous. The world can be a better place, for both, humans and animals, if people would listen to Cesar and try to understand. And that is not mentioning the invaluable help he has given to many people with their dogs. In reality he is rehabilitating humans, not dogs. Thank you Cesar!

Dog Whisperer: The Complete First Season [DVD]