5.0 out of 5 stars Garage shelving
This type of shelving was exactly what I needed. It was extremely easy to assemble ,is made of tough plastic material . It can be used as free standing ,however I fitted the unit quite easily to the brick wall of my garage using the brackets, supplied.The delivery was incredibly quick and I heartily recommend this robust ,well- made unit,without hesitation.
Published on 26 April 2011 by G Baylis

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather brittle shelving supports
Published on 27 Mar. 2013 by Margaret Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Garage shelving, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Garland 5 Tier 90cm Wide Heavy Duty Plastic Shelving (90 x 40 x 184cm) (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plastic shelf units, 12 Sept. 2012
Donald Young (UK) - See all my reviews
Got a garage built at the side of our house last year. New garage... new shelves! Shopped around for something which suited our needs and would not cost a lot. I have a few heavy items which I need to put safely away so these could go on the lower shelves. I thought that plastic would suit and they won't rust. Powell Plastic shelves were ideal. Easy to assemble and came with clamps which are used to secure the back of the vertical struts to the wall. Most items in a domestic household range from paint pots to small DIY bit & pieces and misc items. We are no different. The advert states what the shelves are capable of holding safely so you can judge for yourself whether these will suit your needs. They suit us. Good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather brittle shelving supports, 27 Mar. 2013
The first parcel delivered needed to be returned because several of the shelf supports were broken. As the packaging consisted only of shrink wrapped plastic in a plastic bag this proved impossible, and it was too large to be accepted for free at the post office! Eventually it was agreed that we need not return it. There were more fractures in the second pack but we were able to put together a full set from both and it serves its purpose once assembled. This I think is one of the disadvantages of buying this sort of thing on line!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity itself!, 12 Sept. 2011
5 LEVEL PLASTIC SHELVING BAY. 1830MM H X 900MM W X 400MM D. 90KG PER LEVEL

I have now purchased three of these shelf units to tidy up the rubbish in my garage my wife won't throw away! Assembly takes literally minutes without the use of any tools and the shelves are easily moved into place. Ideally, the brackets should be used to tie the unit to the wall and make them more stable. The items I store on the shelves are bulky but not over heavy - it's hard to imagine each shelf taking the 90kg the manufacturer claims but then I haven't tried.

3.0 out of 5 stars Physically damaged ..., 12 Nov. 2013
Ian Owen - See all my reviews
My shelving unit arrived today. The packaging was fine so not damaged by the courier. However when I opened it up there were several holes that had been smashed on one of the shelves - very irritating. I know Amazon will offer a replacement but I'll need to wait in for it and have this one collected. All I want to do is rack some stuff out of the way. I either have to live with the holes in the shelves or have a load of stuff all over the floor until Amazon sort it out. Sometimes going to the shops where you can pick your own un-damaged product is better.

Update: I asked Amazon if I could have a part refund due to the damage and they accepted - seems like a reasonable compromise to me. Its only for storage so happy to have a few holes in it.

Shelving itself goes together very quickly and is sturdy enough once you have stuff on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value shelving, 14 April 2010
I wanted some cheap and cheerful shelving for storing stuff in my garage and that's exactly what I got. The product arrived quickly, a couple of days after ordering. Assembly from flat pack delivery was relatively straight forward, though some of the joints between the uprights and the shelves were a very tight fit and took a bit of persuasion to join. The assembled product looks okay, though slightly rocky so I'll have to make sure there is always heavy stuff on the lower shelves to keep it stable. All in all, though, for what I paid this is a decent shelf unit for a garage or store area - but don't go for this black plastic product if you want something aesthetic to improve your living area!

2.0 out of 5 stars Second purchase of this product., 8 Nov. 2013
The first time the product sent was of good quality. Of course it is less stable than metal shelving but once fixed to the wall it is quite adequate for lightweight garage storage i.e. boxes of paint tins and brushes, car spares and accessories, household cleaning products etc. BUT the repeat order! ALL of the shelf support legs were banana shaped and that is NOT an exaggeration. Because of the flexibilty of the plastic, it was still possible to assemble the unit by bending the top of each leg section INCHES to fit. Standing next to its sister shelf, it looks like a twisted helter-skelter. It almost turns your stomach! I seldom bother returning goods, I just don't use that supplier again but if these were not in the garage, pretty much out of sight, I would have returned them.
RJB

3.0 out of 5 stars 90kg per shelf?????? never!!, 10 Jun. 2011
easy to assemble, only thing i would say is 90kg per shelf is not possible. The combined weight of my items on all 5 shelves is probably around 90kg, and two of the shelves are bowing, and look unsafe. had to rearrange my items. I'd say 20kg per shelf should be the max. Maybe i read it wrong, and it was 90kg total!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality very useful product., 17 Jun. 2013
I bought the shelving to tidy up my garage. I found it strong and very easy to put together. I intend to buy more in a different size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in boys room., 4 Dec. 2013
Garland 5 Tier 90cm Wide Heavy Duty Plastic Shelving (90 x 40 x 184cm)

We bought this for our boys room to put hamster cage, books toys and other stuff on and its perfect would recommend.

Easy to put together don't need destructions.