5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry to music, a real Bard, 11 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
Damh's lyrics are those of a true contemporary Bard, dealing with the world we live in now and expressing a deep love of Earth and God and Goddess.His lyrics moved me.A bonus on this album is Damh's cover version of the song "Willow" from the original film of "The Wicker man" a duet with Eala whose voice has just the right haunting quality.Druids , Pagans and all Earth lovers will enjoy this bardic expression of a Druid dealing with modern day issues in his songs and keeping alive beliefs of the old path too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Why did I wait, 1 July 2011
JamesW (Nr Stroud, Gloucester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Cauldron Born (MP3 Download)
I've seen Damh the Bard live on a couple of ocassions and can hum quite a few of his tunes but have never bought one of his albums.
After finally deciding to take the plunge, I had to decide which one to start with. The one song which always sticks in my mind was "Pagan Ways" so I bought this album based solely on that one song and I have not been disappointed

People frequently say that with Damh you feel the song rather than hearing it, oh this is so true. I think it helps somewhat if you have a Pagan type personality or belief (whether you want to admit it or not).

A couple of songs have a slight Billy Bragg-ness about them as well, Only Human speaks of hypocrisy between the western and third worlds

Pagan Ways references Big Brother and Wife Swap in the same song as Arthurian myth.

Both On Midwinters Day and Green and Grey have Judeo-Christian references
Green and Grey is perhaps my favourite song on the album. I have such vivid images when I hear it.

Truly an incredible album and now I have to decide on the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Damh the Bard is great!, 13 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
His music is purely brilliant, his individual style is fantastic. The song Only Human is brilliant and the lyrics are so true.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly amazing!, 19 April 2009
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
I love this album...it has some of the best lyrics that I've heard...I have no idea how Damh does it, but I'm so glad he does.

I love the song "Green and Grey"...a song about an encounter between Pan/Herne and a priest who thinks it is Lucifer/Satan...brilliant.

"Immrama" is a wonderful song, made me cry (and still does sometimes).

"Willow's Song" is a reworking of a song that was also sung by Faith and the Muse, but I prefer Damh's version. Eala's voice (who duets with Damh) has such a haunting, ethereal quality to it, beautiful.

Another great cd from Damh...I can't wait for number five!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Briliant CD, 15 Aug. 2008
witchygirl (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
Damh The Bard has produced yet another fantastic CD. His music and words speak to me in a way other Pagan songs and singers never can. I recommend his 4 albums to all Druids and Pagans, also people looking for something a little different that will make you think about how life today compares with the distant past. Links to Damh's three other albums. Spirit of AlbionHills they are HollowHerne's Apprentice

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely magical cd, 20 Aug. 2009
Kevin Chesters "Kev" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
This is a great album from damh the bard. The music is lovely and healing, along with the lovely words

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cauldron Born, 14 July 2011
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
Another cracker from Damh.This bloke deserves every bit of praise he gets for this album - in fact, every album he has brought out. His songs cover slow and dreamy and fast and jolly. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankyou - great album, 17 Dec. 2012
Tania Poole "Merry Jackdaw" (Ballarat, VIC Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cauldron Born (Audio CD)
Some great songs and lyrics here, great musician! I've met the musician and he is friends with my friends, so it was about time I bought this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 30 Nov. 2012
D. Eastwood (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Cauldron Born (MP3 Download)
If you already know Damh, buy this, you won't be dissapointed. If not, and you like great, tuneful Pagan folk. Buy it anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)
This is just as good if not better than Hernes apprentice. I especially like Green and Grey and Only Human.

The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard
The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard by Damh the Bard (Audio CD)