on 23 August 2009
this game rules! i bought it, unsure of whether it works on vista, i inserted it into my laptop, and it works. Not only that, it works amazingly, with loading taking no more than 20 seconds, and usually about 10! so doubly whammy, as its on a laptop, and on vista! I was extatic! Amazing game and everything was perfect, the delivery, service and the price was cheaper than buying ordinary sims 2! bargain!
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
If you are looking for a game that you will enjoy for years and years upon yourself, this game is for you. I decided to buy the whole collection when it came out almost a whole decade ago, but recently sold it - but bought it all back! I loved it so much, I can't let this game out of my life. It's physically amazing. I prefer it compared to the sims 3, but sims 4 comes out later in 2014, so hopefully, it's even better. Great game to pass the time!
on 2 February 2016
I have been a fan of the Sims since the first ever game was released, and I have tried every version, but I tend to always come back to playing the Sims 2. I feel it's the better out of all four versions.
I already owned this a while back, but then updated my laptop to Windows 8 which I discovered wasn't compatible, so I sold it (and all my other expansion packs) and, although I'm not complaining as it does come in at a close second, continued playing the Sims 4.
I then happened to read the reviews and questions on this game and it said that the game was compatible on Windows 10, which I now have. I thought brilliant! I can finally get back to playing my favourite version!
So you can imagine how quick I snapped it up.
Now I timed how long it took me to start it up. Two and a half hours. I tried everything, I went online to find suggestions and help, but nothing seemed to be working. It loaded up perfectly fine but the houses were just black boxes with blurry plumbobs above them. When I created a sim it wouldn't let me customise their hair or clothes.
There must have been a solution as a few people had commented here that it did indeed work on Windows 10.
Finally, light at the end of the tunnel. I switched compatibility mode to Windows 98 (almost twenty years ago) and it worked fine. Except when I clicked anything the screen would go black, and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to start it back up again, but I soon solved that problem too by launching up another program on my desktop, closing that program (not The Sims) down, fired up The Sims again and it was fine. I have to do this every time I start the game but it only takes five seconds and compared to the hours I spend playing, that's peanuts.
So I am again a happy Simmer and have realised just how much I do enjoy The Sims 2 much more than the others. Even after the time it took for me to finally get it playing again.
I understand this is a bit of an essay of a review. But I feel that I needed to note down how I resolved the issues in case someone wonders about the compatibility with Windows 10. It could save that person two and a half hours!
Thanks for reading.
on 20 December 2009
Great game! I own alot of sims games for PS2, DS, WII, XBOX 360, IPHONE but the PC version is by far the best and the sims 2 double deluxe is 3 great games in one!Doulble deluxe has the normal sims 2 game, sims 2 night life and sims 2 celerbration stuff. In the pc version you can get expansion packs to expand your sims world. You can get married, have kids, buy a car, go on holiday, open your own shops, go to university and the list goes on (if you have the right expansion packs). Amazing! Well worth the money! would defiantly recommend.
on 17 July 2010
I had a copy of the Sims 2 when I was about 11, I thought it might be a fun idea to buy it again (as I lost the first copy a couple of years ago) and see if i still enjoyed it. Needless to say it was just as addictive and just as exciting as it was the first time round for me! I love it. I'd recommend this to EVERYONE. It is amazing (if not very very time-consuming!) Warning: highly addictive! :)
5* all the way.
on 11 August 2009
I bought this game for my daughter who loves with Sims. Her review of the game is excellent, good fun and well worth the money
on 14 July 2014
The Sims 2. How can i even begin to write a review? This game, even 10 years on, is fantastic. For this price, it is truly spectacular. When i think about, it i get tears in my eyes. There is such depth, quirkiness, entertainment and joy in this game.

If you've never played before, you make a family. You build them a house. You play. It is so fun. I often have spells of playing the sims every day, then don't touch the game for months, then i start playing again. It's easy to pick up. I've been playing this game for years, i had to buy this because i broke my computer and lost my disk.

For fans of the sims 3, you may be disappointed. The game doesn't have a lot of the 'technical' things in the sims 3, e.g. changing colours of stuff to your own chosen colours, claiming a sim's bed, cancelling newspaper delivery, opportunities, having an open world, and your sims age at different times. But other things make up for these differences - the nannies are more realistic than babysitters, it's less glitchy, the sims look less 'doughy'. It will probably run faster and the clothes are nicer.

So yeah. I love this game, but if you're a fan of the sims 3, make your choice.
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2009
The first thing I noticed about this game is the great improvement over the original Sims. The pack is awesome, it has the Nightlife, and the Celebration Stuff Expansions. They really add a lot to the game. Visually the game is brilliant, very captivating, and you can spent hours customizing it to look just like you imagine it. You start off by choosing your neighborhood, and here you have three ready ones, or you can make your own from scratch. Then you can start making your own sim, you can choose everything, from hear color, to jaw width, skin tone, makeup, absolutely everything. This is a really fun part, and probably the most enjoyable part of starting the game. Then you start building a house for your beloved sim. I am not so great at making houses, so I just chose a very basic one, and fiddled around with the options. The menu is laid out very well, I found it quite easy to navigate, choose wall types, for instance, and what kind of wallpaper I like, etc. I found it a bit confusing when it comes to furniture and rooms, cause they are a bit mixed up, but I think you can just put anything you fancy anywhere really.
Then you start taking care of your Sim, meeting goals, and needs like sleeping, and eating, and showering, etc. These keep your Sim happy, and then you have to start looking for the aspiration meter and fill that up in the best way possible.
I did not very much enjoy the fact that there is a lot to do, but time passes really quickly which is a shame really, if you get a job for instance, that is half a day gone, then the struggle is to try and meet all these basic needs and trying to fill the aspiration meter gets very tricky. Cause if you need to meet the hunger, hygiene, and comfort needs, that would alone take the rest of the day. So that makes it a bit repetitive, and would not leave you time to do some real fun stuff with the Sim. The expansion packs are brilliant, especially the nightlife one, you can take your sim, (you could buy a car for it), and go to a nightclub, have some fun.
Really brilliant game, you can spend hours one it, and this is just this version, not to mention the other expansion packs available. I would recommend that you start off with this one, even if you have never played the Sims, this will get you hooked, and if you get bored of it, which I doubt, you can install other expansion packs. Excellent game, and real fun.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2010
I had originally bought this game for my 12 year old daughter. She spent a long time on it every day and she said I should give it a try, I wasn't too sure about this because the other sims game I had played with her wasn't that good (Sims 2, psp). I tried this one and I loved it! It is much more realistic than the other one, you can choose:

1. Your sims clothes, including: Formal, casusal, PJs, Swimsuits and more!

2. You can even go on dates with an other sim!

3. You can take the taxi and go to places!

4. You can get your sims pregnant!

5. It is absouletly HILARIOUS! I was keeled over laughing at most of the stuff my daughter showed me (especially when her date went wrong and she got slapped by the sim!)

6. It also has 2 added packs to it which gives you a load more to do!

And lots more!

I recommend this to anyone who loves a funny game, and it has a few different story modes to it. It is an amazing game, you should buy it straight away even if you are an adult it is still really funny and a fantasctic buy! you really won't regret buying this game!
on 27 August 2012
Only took an hour to install. Has not slowed down my computer in the slightest and hasn't been very glitchy so far.