5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good SECONDARY bicycle lock.
Just a quick one really. First of, I should just say that I would never use a cable lock as my primary bike lock. I would always recommend a D/U lock as the primary and a cable lock as the secondary for the purposes of locking the wheels and/or locking around an immovable object such as a lamp-post. Reason being cable locks are much, MUCH easier to cut through than are...
Published on 9 Jun 2011 by Mr. J. MacDonald

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap price quality to match
bought this lock like most for its looks and price - BUT dont waste your money... The lock seemed ok for about a month then the key snapped inside the lock... can just about stil use it with half the key jammed in the lock . i kept the lock well oiled so it was definately a product fault.. Dont waste your money on this lock you can buy cheaper and better quality.
Published on 21 April 2011 by pwhiting

2.0 out of 5 stars Lock, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: Kryptonite Kryptoflex Coiled Key Cable Lock with Bracket (12 mm x 180 cm) (Sports)
Wire is about 180cm. It is heavy - 0,74 kg. Reliably looking locks should be made precisely and this one is very roughly made. I wouldn't buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars You WILL lose your bike if this is what you rely on, 1 Dec 2011
Used this lock for a few months to secure my bike while going to gym or shops etc. Easy to use and a good length.

However the cable was easily cut through on busy Clapham High Street last night and my bike was stolen.

Use a U lock to hold the bike frame. Only use a cable to secure wheels and saddle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Key broke off in lock!, 20 Aug 2010
I was looking for an inexpensive lock and this seemed to fit the bill as it was quite chunky and not too expensive. Felt ok but the key was difficult to get in the lock and then after about a month's use the key sheared off in the lock. Consider this for a second...the bike is now locked at work; you have to get home without it and then get back and cut your way through your lock. So not only do I need to buy a new lock I need to hire some bolt cutters to get my own bike back. I've since seen other reviews that have said their keys snapped. Get something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught thief in the act, 15 Sep 2013
I have never written a review before but think it necessary to warn people about this product. I left my bike outside Stephens Green shopping center yesterday (Saturday) and went for a walk around Dublin city. For those of you who are not familiar with Dublin, Stephens Green is a very busy area, especially on a Saturday. When I came back I found a thief on my bike about to take off. Once I confronted him he quickly gave me my bike back. Some passers by noticed the confrontation and approached me after the thief had left. One in particular said she had seen him "unlocking" the bike but that he didn't look suspicious.The position and break of the wire suggests he did not cut the lock but managed to apply enough force to snap it. He did this in a very busy area with what must have been minimal effort otherwise his behavior would have been noticed. I would suggest to anybody looking to buy a lock to seriously consider buying a U lock rather than this style of lock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable Cable, 31 Mar 2011
Paul D. B. Wharton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I had a feeling this lock wasn't very good. I was proved right, shortly after buying a new bike. I thought it might be safe in the middle of Regent Street - but no. Gone all of 20 minutes, and the cable was cut straight through.
ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 10 Mar 2011
If your bike is worth stealing do NOT use this lock! A thief cut through this lock and stole my bike effortlessly. I found the lock a few days after by a bush and it was cut through cleanly.

5.0 out of 5 stars good choice, 24 July 2010
Threads round both wheels and most bike rack posts. Self locks on closing which is a great time saver.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine lock, 27 May 2010
Joshua Lawton (UK) - See all my reviews
Works well, easily stored. Sometimes difficult to get the key into the lock. But overall it does what it should. Key replacement scheme is redundant as it is only valid in the US. I doubt anyone uses the system anyway, so that is of little concern.

1.0 out of 5 stars bike stolen with this lock, 20 Feb 2013
My bike was stolen while it was locked securely to a metal bicycle rack with this lock. Very disappointed. Not recommended for expensive bikes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 1 Jun 2011
Jason Dent - See all my reviews
Just had my bike stolen from outside my office where I used this lock to secure it to railings. The cable was cut clean through like a knife through butter, within half an hour of me locking it up. The cable looks thick but most of that is the plastic outer, the inner metal cable is not that thick. I expected more from a brand like Kryptonite.
Avoid.