5.0 out of 5 stars 4 tier
I brought this as a gift for acfriend who moved into her new house she was chuffed with the shelves
Published 3 months ago by Remz

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 Tier Glass Corner Shelf
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by doodlebug

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOURSELF! DON'T BUY!, 10 Aug 2013
L. Richardson (Cardiff, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Premier Housewares 4 Tier Corner Shelf Unit with Black Glass Shelves and Chrome Frame - 101 x 31 x 31 cm (Kitchen & Home)
the thing arrived with the metal tubes broken, which required faffing to undent the ends with a screwdriver, the screws do not hold the glass in place, so are useless, especially after you star assembly and lose access, the thing has almost no structural stability and you have to beat it up with a hammer repeatedly, hard, right on the glass to get it to get the steel tubes on the tatty plastic glass holder tubes.

Or do what i did, grab, pull them into place, use all your strength, slip and have your glasses take the impact instead of your face. Said specs are deeply scarred, which is what I am after this awful experience.

The instructions are poorly labelled, the parts come damaged, the tubes don't fit, the screws don't hold and it's as precarious as the bus at the end of the "italian job", it barely takes the weight of a phone and a router.

In short, it might look good... but no. Just no.

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 Tier Glass Corner Shelf, 10 Dec 2010
Well when I read 'not so good' reviews (I'd rather not say 'bad reviews'), I think, 'Oh well, there's no pleasing everyone', but I have to say this is the first time I have ever had to write a 'not so good' review. This shelf was the worst flat packed piece of furniture I have EVER had to put together and having just had a lot of work done on my house and putting together numerous pieces of flat packed furniture, I have become a dab hand at it. This took just over an hour to assemble, the little grips which hold the glass shelves into place were not very secure and the glass kept falling out, the metal tubular legs were too small to fit over the plastic tubular supports and had to be hammered in, thus leaving metal splinters everywhere! Tried filing the tubes as suggested by another review but didn't work so I had to hammer them in, bearing in mind the glass shelf is extremely close whilst hammering and hoping I didn't smash the shelf. The plastic foot broke as I was trying to get it in, good job there was a spare. Overall when up the unit looks ok but isn't very sturdy and the glass shelves are not really secure, as once you've fitted the tubular legs on, there is no way of tightening the grips that the secure the glass as they are inside the legs! I soooo wanted this to be a nice piece of furniture that would compliment my living room but unfortunately I am left one very frustrated and disappointed person :-(

1.0 out of 5 stars worst buy ever, 11 Jan 2013
this was the worst thing i have ever bought the chrome is cheap plastic the screws that hold the shelves strip if you tighten them overall i built it and it collapsed under its own weight when i moved it.
If it was worth the hassle i would have sent it back but i would not want a replacement.
extra and get a good one.I strongly recommend people NOT to buy one of these.spend a bit w

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, 27 Dec 2012
poor product.not stable. fastenings were cheap and plastic. expected better for the money. would certainly not recommend to friends ever

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy Quality-DON'T BUY, 18 July 2012
Ahmed (Cairo, Egypt) - See all my reviews
I have got 2 of these corner shelves and when I tried to assemble them I was faced with how crappy the quality of the connectors are, both the glass shelves and the metal legs are fine, but the plastic connectors are very bad in quality that you have to pry them to be able to connect them
When I tried to force the connectors in they broke and I was unable to assemble them
I would strongly advice not to buy this item

1.0 out of 5 stars really bad goods, 19 Mar 2012
really bad goods, bad quality. i really don't know why amazon let this bad thiings sale one it's website. it waste my money

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't bothered!, 11 Jan 2012
Still in the process of making this useless piece of furniture. The instructions are pointless and unless you have super strength then trying to get the fittings into the poles is nigh on impossible! I am currently using a 5lb lump hammer to get the fittings in...seriously, I am! I hate this product so much I feel like putting it in the bin!

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks ok but the assembly is terrible, 2 Feb 2011
The assembly of this shelf was a nightmare. I needed to force all the connections so hard in order to make them work, that I was afraid I was going to break the glass. The instructions were unclear and totally unhelpful.
in the end, I had to get out my stanley knife and shave about 1mm around the plastic connector bits in order to get them to fit.
Would not recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad design, horrible to put together, 23 Jan 2011
After spending a small fortune with amazon and argos, buying black glass furniture for my living room, this looked like the perfect addition to the empty corner.

How wrong was i, the little plastic clips were awful, had to nearly smash the unit with a hammer to get the tubes together, and with it being so close to the glass was very worried about actually breaking the glass.

Wouldn't recommend this to my worse enemy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble !, 26 Jan 2013
Ia Steckel (blackpool, lancs UK) - See all my reviews
If you ever need or want a corner unit then DO NOT ever buy this one ! ( my opinion) The plan how to assemble the item I guess must have been drawn up by a 3 year old kid. it is nearly impossible to identify the " pieces " and the how to put it together plan ! You will swear, I guaranty by trying to put the unit together.the screws to hold the glass panels are made from .....I guess..... silicon, kind of plastic (preventing scratching the glass) do Not work well as they always slide out of position when assembling the unit. Nightmare !!!!!

only one thing speaks up for it, which is......it looks when assembled

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›