5.0 out of 5 stars You have to give it a chance!!
Published on 8 May 2010 by Mr. N. Podeschi

1.0 out of 5 stars Roundup are ripping us off - big time!
I have used Roundup successfully, despite its price of about £40.00 a litre, in recent years.

This week I bought another 1lt bottle which appeared virtually identical to that I had previously bought - I was wrong! ONE thing is different and you now see, on the back that 60ml per 1lt of water is required in a spray - NOT 15ml as it was before!

When...
Published on 15 May 2013 by Richard Dinsdale

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to give it a chance!!, 8 May 2010
Mr. N. Podeschi (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roundup Ultra 3000 1 Litre Concentrate Weedkiller (Garden & Outdoors)
I have been using Round up ultra 3000 for the last 3 years. The problem is you need to understand you have to give it at least 2 to 3 weeks to work. It works by killing the roots, so needs time to penetrate down the weed or grass. There is no instant kill with this product. The first time I used it, I was alarmed that after a week, everything looked the same. In fact, I re-checked the bottle to make sure I hadnt bought feed by accident! After another 3 days, there was a sudden colour change in all the weeds and grass, and within 2 days of that,everything shriveled up and dissapeared. I have a large area of hardcore/stone covered earth, next to a dandy lion filled field, so I get plagued by weeds. Since I starting using Round Up 3000, my applications to keep it totaly weed free have dropped from 4 to 5 to twice a year. When I was using other weed killers, such as weedol etc, you get a lot quicker effect, but nowhere near as long lasting results. The key to this product is patience!

Just as a footnote, I only buy my garden products such as feeds, weed killers and the like in the winter, usually around end of November/beginning of December. You will find you get them far cheaper buying them out of season. For example, the last bottle of ultra 3000 I purchased in December 2012 I paid £23.00 for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weed Killer Works, 22 Sept. 2010
This kills weeds but you must not be impatient, follow the instructions and give it time to work and it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 9 Nov. 2010
This is the best weed killer i have used , works very well , give it time to work approx 4 days

5.0 out of 5 stars Roundup, 28 Jun. 2009
A. A. Bellamy - See all my reviews
Great product. I can no longer tend parts of my garden but this weedkiller helps me to keep it tidy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Patient, 12 Aug. 2010
What else can I say??!! This product works brilliantly as long as you are prepared to be patient?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent weedkiller, 13 May 2010
R. Dainton (Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
Does what it says on the tin! At first I thought it wasn't working but after a week or so all the weeds died off - just great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Roundup are ripping us off - big time!, 15 May 2013

When you go on to open the leaflet and read the small print, there is now ONE THIRD of the active ingredients compared with last year and previously - BUT THE PRICE IS THE SAME, OR MORE!

By simple calculation of having to use TWICE the amount of Roundup per litre of water in a spray, we are now paying around £80.00 a bottle but even that appears to be dishonest for there is ONE THIRD OF THE INGREDIENTS and that reflects a real price of £120.00 a 1 litre bottle compared with last year - with no explanation at all.

WILL ROUNDUP PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS GROTESQUE FIDDLE - IT IS OBSCENE AND LOOKS LIKE A CASE FOR TRADING STANDARDS.
Where the product was a thick pouring liquid, it is now like water.

Richard Dinsdale

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job I had to do, 15 Feb. 2010
I needed to control weeds in a large, completely over run area of my garden. I needed a product which would kill to the root. I read the instructions fully before I used, and sprayed at the time of year suggested, at the rate suggested over the area suggested. About 3 weeks later all was dead! It did not grow back. For the price this saved me a much bigger cost of getting someone in to clear the 'jungle'.
I was aware of cheaper alternatives and asked around, the cheaper ones tend to just 'burn' the leaves of the weeds, not killing the root. This one may take longer, but I didn't have to re-treat as the weeds roots were killed. Thanks Roundup - job done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to refil the sprayer, 7 July 2013
I've been buying the 5L ready mix sprayers. They work well and are very convenient but relatively expensive. With a large driveway area to attract weeds I get through more than I would like which is why I am trying the concentrate.

The back of the bottle has the mixing instructions which in a sprayer are 15ml per litre of water. The cap is the measure. 5x 15ml measurements plus water to refill my sprayer. Easy.

The cost for next day was only 50p more than the standard so I got them next day in time for the weekends work.

I would prefer not to spray at all but as I am resigned to having to I prefer to repeat spray with something that is safe for animals the moment it is dry and that does not sterilise the soil just in case the wind blows it where I don't want. Roundup fits the bill perfectly. The price of this concentrate makes the precautions I like to take more affordable.

The weeds are already showing signs of fading and I know from previous experience most will have died back in a week and nearly all will have gone in 2 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it., 2 Sept. 2013
Traditional Round up has always been a good product but it met its match with the horses tail weed and also some bamboo that had become invasive to my garden. Horses tail looks like miniature laylandii trees, but is the toughest most stubborn weed I have come across. It absolutely wrecked my patio, pushing the stones out of place and pushing the 'grouting' out between the stones. However, this product allows you the freedom of mixing it to your own desired strength.....Job done......Be warned though, it is not advisable to use it other than in accordance with the manufacturers instructions if you actually want something to grow in the place where you are killing the weeds. However, if you are trying to cleat a patio, driveway or other similar area then yes I can recommend using it double strength. It still takes a while to completely get to grips with the weed but that is because it kills the root, not the plant, and the roots on these particular weeds are amazing. But it can be killed. So great product, but use it wisely.

Roundup Ultra 3000 1 Litre Concentrate Weedkiller