5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear RangeMax Wireless USB Adaptor
Published on 21 Aug 2011 by SEvans

2.0 out of 5 stars good unless you're running 64 bit
Published on 4 Dec 2009 by M. Row

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear RangeMax Wireless USB Adaptor, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Netgear N-600 Wireless Dual Band USB 2.0 Adapter (Electronics)
I purchased this for my new Panasonic TX-L37E30B 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LED TV with Freeview HD and Viera Cast which I also purchased from Amazon. It Arrived next day same time as the TV. I set up the tv and placed the adaptor into the usb port on the rear, switched it on and went through the set up process, it found my wireless network and connected with no problems. I can now browse my music and films stored on my computer and watch the bbc Iplayer all through my tv.

So its easy to use and does what its meant to do, at a massive saving on the Panasonic DY-WL10E-K Wi-Fi Dongle Facilitates Wireless LAN Capability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfactory, 6 Feb 2009
Vinit (Mansfield, England) - See all my reviews
Quick and reliable delivery.
Easy installation. Found the adaptor as advertised. Still working fab.
I have found my internet connection to be working more efficiently after I have started using RangeMax adaptor.
To top it all, I got a good bargain. This was a refurbished item. On retrospect, I would now rather go for refurbs with half the price than new ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what it say's on the discription, 7 April 2009
Mrs. J. Selwood "JSelwood" (Worthing. W. Sussex. England) - See all my reviews
We bought this little device as the computer is in the spare room upstairs and I had a 10m ethernet cable running from the modem downstairs near the phone point, but this looked really tacky and didn't want unwanted cables running all over the house.
So I looked into getting a wireless dongle and first of all Netgear WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adaptor wreless-G but, looking at it, I didn't think it would do the job we intended it for and the Range max dual band did, so we sent the other one back.
I really didn't think it would work but after about 5 minutes it did this was pefect, it does it all!! We do a lot on the internet so we needed a good dongle that's compatable with our needs, it sure does that!
I have read some reviews that the range max was not so good but the range max dual band I have no problems at all, setting up was a doddle as long as you do what the instuctions say then you can't go wrong, but I would say not to use the usb cable adaptor and cradle as it didn't work with it!! It works perfectly well without it, I have it in the front of my pc at all times and I never notice it's there.
It works well being far away, I have a Netgear router that I got from sky for my broadband and I thought getting a Netgear wirless dongle would be best because of this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 7, 28 Aug 2010
Just so people know - haven't got my whole new 802.11n system up working yet, but I'm using the dongle on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I bought it and had trouble installing it and then saw the comments on here that it wouldn't work on a 64bit machine and nearly blew my top...

Luckily there seems to be new drivers out (3.5.0.7) and this has worked fine ever since.

2.0 out of 5 stars good unless you're running 64 bit, 4 Dec 2009
M. Row "amishdude" (essex, england) - See all my reviews
was using a 32 bit RTM client of windows 7 and the dongle worked great, no problems at all. Upgraded to 64 bit windows 7 when it was released only to find that there are no drivers that support 64 bit, and from what i've read it seems unlikely to change. There is a way round it but it is far from reliable and very frustrating as I paid a lot for this thing. I thought a well known company like netgear would invest in up to date drivers but it seems they don't what a pity. AVOID IF YOU USE 64 BIT WINDOWS, otherwise its fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Saviour!, 26 Oct 2011
Had to buy this to access the speeds provided for my newly installed BT Infinity.
It was easy to install and was up and running in minutes. Buy, buy, buy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent alternative to the Panasonic DY-WL10, 23 Dec 2010
Ordered refurbished from Trusted-Goods via Amazon Fulfilment. Received the item almost precisely as described in suitably austere packaging; the picture at the top of the page appears to be of a slightly different model, but that's a minor quibble. The adapter was accompanied by a short USB cable and a transparent plastic holder with a little self-adhesive Velcro fastener.

The lack of any proper documentation or software is of no importance, as I intend to use this device - the WNDA3100 v.2* - exclusively with our new Panasonic G20 television. All I had to do was plug it in, then follow the instructions provided with the TV and as far as I can tell it's performing flawlessly.

-----

*It has to be v.2 if you want it to work with your telly. Remember that!

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - does not work on many computers, 5 Feb 2010
Netgear have decided to not support 64bit operating systems. If your computer is 64bit there are no available drivers for this dongle and it will not work correctly. You can check whether your computer is 64bit or 32bit by clicking start>control panel>system on windows vista or windows 7.

This doesn't mean that it won't work well on a 32bit computer. Look for other reviews to find that out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performer unitl i updated software on a 47LM620t LG smart, 5 April 2014
Fantastic performance for this product no issues when connecting to my talk talk router and LG 47LM620T smart TV, then i updated the LG software on the tv via the net gear adapter and the tv rebooted itself and refuse to recognise the wireless adapter, absolute nightmare because i now have a useless Wireless adapter. by the way the netgear adapters are not compatible with Sky 3D HD boxes either I tried and failed. On the brighter side the netgear wireless adapter works fine with my samsung smart tv the 2012 model. Hope this proves to be useful to anyone thinking of buying one of these to wireless connect to a sky box or lg smart tv. I gave it 5 stars for the fast and ease of connectivity initially with the lg tv and also to my samsung smart tv, and fast delivery of the product by amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adaptor, 12 Feb 2012
I bought this g for my Panasonic TV as the Panasonic wifi dongle was 70 -80 .
This is an excellent alternative! The tv recognised it straight away.

Very satisfied and would recommend to anyone..