5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fantastic...
Published on 26 April 2012 by Smoothglover

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use
Published 8 months ago by Stoogie

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fantastic..., 26 April 2012
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
Bought this as a starter scope (I am a complete amateur when it comes to astronomy), was easy enough to set up, certainly not particularly complicated. Using the basic lenses you can very clearly see the planets. Realising that you are looking at Saturn (look for the gap between the planet and the rings) is a spine-chilling moment, and will have you gazing for a good while afterwards. To be honest I am not 100% sure on the proper use of all the additional lenses, but you get a fair few included (as well as a 'moon-filter'). There isn't that much in the way of instruction in the package, but even using the most basic lens combinations reveals brilliant results.

So all in all, excellent scope if you have a passing interest or are looking to get into astronomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star telescope, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
Very very impressed with this product, after reading previous reviews I was certain on getting this telescope and I haven't been disappointed! I ordered this at 7 in the morning and I was dispatched at 9 in the morning and arrived in the morning the next day with standard delivery!! This was brilliant service and extremely fast delivery. The product itself was easy to build, most of it is done anyway, great selection of lenses and a great size with adjustable tripod to change to your own height. You can see as far as Saturn with this product and on a clear night the views are breath taking! All at a bargain price of £56. I cannot complain at all. Buy this telescope you won't be disappointed, I am very very impressed! Enjoy! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good telescope, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
I have only recently discovered an interest for astronomy. I began learning about when and where to find the planets, the stars and constellations in the night sky. So I decided to buy a beginners telescope, nothing too fancy, and this one really did the trick. It comes with a 10mm and 20mm lens, 1.5x erecting eyepiece and 2x or 3x Barlow lens. It also comes with a moon filter (which I brought separately because the description doesn't tell you what is included, so I sent it back when I received it!)and a dew cap. So far I have looked at the moon (please don't forget to use the moon filter, the moon is blinding!) which is very clear and you can see the craters and I have looked at Jupiter. Even though Jupiter is small through the telescope, providing it is a clear night, you can easily spot the gas rings and all 4 moons.

I am very please with this product, however, the tripod can become loose. When I find objects in the sky, I tighten the telescope to stay, but it drops slightly, meaning the object moves out of sight which can get slightly frustrating.

All in all, I would recommend this telescope to any beginner, and to someone who isn't expecting to find great colourful gas clouds and nebulae, but stars and planets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
Used it for the first time last night to see the moon when it has been classed as the supermoon at the moment and can't believe how clear it was through the telescope. Absolutely buzzing about it. the crators, hills etc were so clear couldn't stop looking at it. Can't wait for more clear nights to see the planets. Easy to set up with very good instructions and the extra lens are a bonus. highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the price, 18 Jan 2014
D. M. Centifanti "aliceboy" (Durham, County Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
My wife was bought this for Christmas by my mother, on my recommendation. I had looked around on Amazon and this was the highest rated within our budget. The seller got it to us in plenty of time, and it was perfectly packaged for such a large item (original packaging safely nestled within a shipping box only slightly larger than the original).
Though skies have not yet been clear often enough to really give the telescope a workout, my wife's been pretty happy with it the little she's been able to use it. Complaints here have been made regarding the tripod, but we have thus far had no issues with it. If you're looking for a good telescope on a sensible budget, this is a good way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR MY GRANDSON LEWIS, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
THIS SCOPE IS AWESOME THE CLOSE UP VIEWS OF THE MOON SURFACE AND PLANETS IS FANTASTIC. THE CHANGEABLE EYEPIECES GIVE REAL CLOSE UP DETAILS. GRANDSON OVER THE MOON - IF YOU PARDON THE PUN

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
This was a gift for my boyfriend, we are both very interested in the night sky so were looking to buy a telescope, nothing expensive to start but we did want it good enough to at least see some exciting sights. This was perfect, he is extremely fussy so buying gifts for him is always tricky, but this was a complete winner!! Super price, brilliant scope, have seen some brilliant views. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
this is a very good easy to set up telescope, my dad brought it for me as a gift , because i have been chosen to study astronomy after school ,because i really enjoy it . they have a wide variety of lenses which is good and my favourite would probably be the moon filter ( because it is mind blowing) sometimes the tripod can be loose and get a bit frustrating at times but not every telescope is perfect . i can be terrible at astronomy but this is so easy i can use it very easily ( and its not that complicated ) . i love this telescope and it will probably last me about a couple of years or maybe evan more . i pretty enjoy using it and on a clear night you can see nearly everything . overall this is probably the best telescope to buy for beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars skywatcher mercury 607, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
A very good product i am very satisfied with this buy after being unsure at first of the purchase, it works well and was not too difficult to assemble like other telescopes usually are, and what i have looked at so far looks fantastic just waiting for a clearer night to look out for more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope (Accessory)
Bought this as Christmas present for my 7 year old son. Firstly there is no instructions or guide book to accompany the telescope and so it is not easy to make sense of which of the selection of eye pieces to use for your objective. The only real result we have had was looking at the moon and that was good but trying to look at other stars is difficult - the little telescope on the side, which is the sight to help aim the main telescope, is prone to move about and so does not always align properly. The system for moving the telescope is also prone to moving slightly once you think it is in position and can be frustrating. I am hoping it yields better results when I try and spot some planets. Overall a bit dissapointing.

Skywatcher Mercury 607 Telescope