5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best films in recent times
The Sixth Sense is an absolute gem, it is one of those challenging films that will stick in your mind and have you thinking about it for weeks after watching it. The plot is downright genuis, it`s so cleverly and precisely orchestrated that the resulting twist will just leave your jaw rightfully on the floor! The twist is so shocking, I will avoid the overwhelming...
Published on 20 July 2003 by cericoleman19

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing twist - I think not!
I watched this film with eager anticipation. I was to be disappointed as the twist at the end was obvious from the very beginning. The kid is superb and Willis shows I was right to have faith in his acting talents. But this is not scary, not hard to work out and not movie of the year. Good but could do better.
Published on 19 Jun 2000 by tootinmassive@yahoo.co.uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thriller, 31 Oct 2007
I think this movie has been deemed a horror movie and I watched it expecting one. However, when I finished watching this movie I realised it wasn't a horror movie, but a thriller filled with excitement and a few fairly creepy moments. I am not saying that it has to be a scary movie, because I think if it was, it would ruin it because this movie is much deeper than all that.

The movie starts with an extremely succcesful child psychiatrist Dr. Malcolm Crowe and his wife ( Bruce Willis ). They are both happy until one of Malcolms deranged ex-clients breaks into their house and shoots him.A year later Malcolm is having trouble getting his life back together, his wife seems to be ignoring him, aswell as many other problems. He is called in to help a boy called Cole Sear who tells the doctor that he can see dead people. Malcolm is determined to help the boy because he has the same problem that the boy who shot him had and he feels that this would make up for his failure to help the other boy.

This was such a great movie, with an incredibly moving ending and a great twist at the end aswell. I can't imagine anybody not liking this so I recommend it to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars A film that you will want to watch over and over, 3 Jun 2001
This review is from: The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
This was actually the first time I ever saw Bruce Willis in anything, and, shame to say, was not even too sure who he was. But I almost guarantee that you will end this viewing in tears. Unlike most of my family, I did not figure out the twist until about five minutes before the end, and if you don't know it, it adds a whole new dimension. Even if you do figure it out, this movie is compelling viewing. And with Cole's line, 'Grandma comes to see me sometimes... she said you went to her grave and asked her a question, and she wants you to know that the answer is, 'every day'.' This film will become a timeless classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The final twist REALLY is a jaw-dropper !! BRILLIANT!!, 6 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Bruce Willis proves once and for all that there is much more to his acting ability than waving a gun around and shouting a lot - here he delivers a subtle yet deeply moving performance as a child psychologist helping a young boy (an astounding performance by Haley Joel Osment) cursed with seeing "dead people".
Many critisised this film for being too slow - I would have to disagree - the two leads form an endearing bond together that completely captivates the viewer, so much so that even when there isn't much happening you find yourself totally emersed.
To call this a horror film is certainly misleading. It isn't scary, but director M.Night Shyamalan creates, at times, quite an unsettling atmosphere - the regular appearance of someone's cold breath to indicate the presence of a ghost is probably the best example of this, and this used to great effect.
The much hyped final twist REALLY is as jaw dropping as everyone says it is. I remember seeing the film at the cinema and hearing the sound of everyone gasping with shock in those last few minutes, then not moving an inch while the titles rolled, just thinking it all over. After seeing it you immediately want to watch it all over again and pick out all the clues! And so what if after repeated viewings you can nit pick the ending to death - why spoil the enjoyment??
I also loved the music by James Newton Howard - it compliments the film to perfection.
If you haven't seen this, then where have you been?? See it, or even better BUY it now. The DVD is packed with extra features - including some great deleted scenes.
A film you definately won't forget in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a stonker of a movie!!!, 21 Feb 2004
Sue Lewendon "Film fanatic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
WOW!!!
I saw this at the cinema amid all the hype it was getting. I can say with my hand on my heart that it was well deserving of all the praise!
Bruce Willis, although not my favourite actor, is very good as the psychiatrist. He gives us his usual, brooding performance and performs very well with his co-star.
My full enjoyment of the film has to be because of the outstanding performance of Haley Joel Osment. Here is a young actor who I think will be going places. If he doesn't, for whatever reason, I will be sorely disappointed. His portrayal of Cole Sears is fantastic and completely believable.
Toni Collette is a very talented actress too. She gives us such passion in her role as Cole's mother, that I was in tears. She depicted for me the horror perfectly at seeing her son so troubled and yet not knowing why.
M.Night Shyamalan has delivered a movie that will stand the test of time along with other films like Gone With The Wind and Jaws.
The ending to this movie literally blew me away! Yet when I watched it a second time, I saw it in utter bliss again but for different reasons. It would be so easy to say that I knew what was going to happen from the start, but I would be lying.
This is a film that should be displayed proudly in any true film fans' library. I recommend it to everyone, young and old, and suggest that if you haven't yet seen it,(why?!!!), you should just buy it now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars En Español de España, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Sixth Sense [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Compre esta pelicula desde uk ya que sabia que tenia el doblaje igual que en españa, buen precio y muy buena pelicula.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 5 July 2011
C. P. Mckenzie "Colin McKenzie" (London England) - See all my reviews
I bought the sixth sense because a friend had never seen it and we watched it on Saturday. Of course I knew the twist but enjoyed the film for new things I had not noticed before. For example the clothes Bruce wears are all items he touched on his first appearance and there is very little red in the film and it is very significant when it appears. A really brilliant movie on several levels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
A good film with a wonderful Twist.
If you dont know the movie - dont ask about it, the person who you speak to will RUIN the drama.

Definitely reccommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Original treatment, 25 May 2010
Ken Raus "David O'Brien" (Lugdunum) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A film that commands intent attention,where the ghost is in the guise of an actor and the plot cryptically concerns the nature of identity itself in a fundamental way,at least for those who believe in supernatural phenomena and/or have had the/a requisite experience/s thereto without having become effete...The actors are startlingly good, for me especially,the lady and the lad...Colette is stunning as is Osment whereas to be as good,megastar Willis needs the nontypecast role and is excellent in it,too- There are lots of clues as to his phenomenal status,bearing in mind that we are seeing him through the fictional eyes of the childish medium,who is himself only the thespian pigment of Shyamalans excellent screenplay...The plot twist for those who have read it,is the same as in James Herberts brilliant The Survivor but I've no idea whether the director knows of that grim,grisly and weird book...Ideologically,Todays materialist psychologists are effectively if subtly criticised through the Willis character who is dead but ignorant of the fact unlike the fearful boy who needs his help in relation to the angry or mad dead...A clever filmmaker and writer who loves his themes as the great extras package shows and if you're a fanatic of the film,get the 2 disc set,because the extras are very sincere and thorough and include a Peter Blatty talk and much more...The originality lays in the overall treatment and the denouements of awful secrets and surprises that the performances of the two world class actor mother and son characters embody that so sell this film...One of the best scenes in the genre is where the mother herself experiences revelations in her traffic-jammed car with her tearful son that almost alone show the anaesthetic effect of blithe human ignorance,given that madness is something every normal imaginative person fears,let alone 'Ghosts' but in any case,actually,the Sixth Sense is not a sense at all,it is direct perception but that is another matter altogether...The Director seems as fairly atypical a filmmaker as mainstreamly possible as Gibson is,and that's a good thing...A great ghost tale told greatly and scary in a weird rather than a gory way...At least see it if you don't get the dvd duo disc set.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sixth Sense-or is it?, 3 April 2010
A brilliant film with a lovable child star and a twist at the end-no I won't say any more and spoil it for you. Get it and sit spellbound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film,but the twist?, 21 Oct 2009
The sixth Sense is a great film,erie,emotional,a bit scary.
The cast are impressive,Toni Collette gives one of her best performances.Haley Joel Osment,scarily good as trouled 'Cole'.
Even Bruce Willis is great,which I didn't expect after only identifying him with films like Die Hard,and yeah just Die Hard really.

There is only one problem I have with this film,the 'TWIST'.

Before this film came out,all the trailers were hyping up the big twist at the end.That was one of the reasons I watched it.
I was so dissapointed when it was revealed.
I Wont give it away,but I figured it out early on.Actually it was that obvious,I thought to myself,that can't be it,can it?.

Apart from that though,highly recommended.

Also,look out for a young Mischa Barton as one of the child ghosts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb46d6e04)

The Sixth Sense [Blu-ray]
The Sixth Sense [Blu-ray] by M. Night Shyamalan (Blu-ray - 2008)
6.25