Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 July 2008
I first heard Sarah's "Love Song" on Radio 1 and really liked it, and enjoyed her natural singing talent, rare these days. I decided to view some of her other songs on YouTube and liked them all so for the first time in MANY months I bought an album...and haven't been disapointed.

As with any album some songs are stronger than others. Highlights for me are of course "Love Song" and "Between the Lines" with "Gravity" and "One Sweet Love" being other highlights. However my favourite is without shadow of a doubt "City". It is quite a haunting song but beautifully written and sung. The lyrics are stunning and I'm still playing this 8 months after purchasing it.

I truly hope she gets recognised for the talent that she is as she could turn into a true star if the labels give her what she needs to shine.
on 22 December 2008
Sometimes the serendipitous discoveries are the most pleasing, and so it was with this gem of an album. Having heard 'Love Song' by chance, I took a gamble on purchasing 'Little voice', and boy did it pay off. Ms Bareilles brings her own quirky, bitter-sweet take on life and love to bear, and combines this with a muscular pop sensibility - in other words, wonderfully melodic piano-driven songs and witty lyrics, delivered with a strong and expressive vocal style. No imitator this one (despite the inevitable comparisons with Norah Jones, Sarah McLaughlin etc) - rather, the real deal. Let's hope this is the beginning of a prolific career for this very talented singer-songwriter...
on 24 September 2015
I am generally not a fan of Millennial music but Sara has a dynamic, strong voice and variety in instrumentation that I liked. Her haunting melody and words on Gravity fully captivated me. You will not be disappointed.
on 4 August 2008
This is fantastic - I cant put it any better than that - it wraps around you like your favourite blanket and sounds like an old CD you've loved for years! Not a single bad track on it - an absolute smasher !!
on 12 November 2013
It is my least favourite of her albums that I bought, but still has some great songs on it like Love Song and Gravity. Such a great singer songwriter, if only all pop singers had thins much talent!
on 30 November 2010
I love Sara Bareilles. She's awesome.
on 12 October 2013
Great album with a really good mix of songs that can be listened to repeatedly without getting bored. "Love Song" and "Gravity" are the pick of this album.
on 12 June 2008
I bought this album on import quite a while ago and was very pleased with myself for unearthing a gem.

My only concern now is, having charted on most music channels with Love Song, that her popularity will take over her talent.

Buy this while you can, and hope that the consumer machine doesn't swallow her up!!
on 7 August 2010
when i heard love song , i never expected the album to be one of the best i've ever heard , an amazing album from one amazin singer - songwriter
on 29 May 2010
Well, gravity alone is worth buying it for, which is what I did anyway. The rest of it isn't as memorable, but still some good tunes.