4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good.
Published on 11 Feb 2011 by m poulton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great
It works when it wants to. When it does its really good, really useful but to be honest I end up just jiggling with my USB's as most of the time it doesn't work!
Published 14 months ago by Mrs. L. M. Brittain

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
Because this usb hub 2.0 with it's 4 usb ports is slim & on a cable it gives flexibility on where to place it on/behind your desk. It seems to work all my devices ok; printers/scanner, memory card reader, sim card reader/writer, flash pen, mouse etc. There is plenty of room between each port to add devices. Inserting usb's in the hub for the first time is a bit tight, but seems to be ok after that.
When I inserted my memory card reader with card for the first 2 times my laptop froze and I had to shut it down manually. I am running windows 7, 32 bit, but when I trouble shooted it, it seems a driver wasn't installed correctly, which was rectified automatically. I don't seem to have any problems now, although I am starting to wonder if when generally installing drivers to a device on windows 7, inserted in a specific usb port, a driver has to be installed again when you change the usb port for that device? So may be a problem with windows and not the hub. The card reader works fine.
Anyway, it's growing on me, I was a little put off at first when I saw the thin plastic caseing - seemed rather delicate, but it's doing fine so far. So I think I made a good choice, and I would recommend it.
P.S. It comes in a plastic case, info is out of sight, cutting open with scissors may cut through some paperwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service., 16 July 2011
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
Returned the cheaper item bought from Amazon due to it's inability to grip the USB plugs and bought this one. World of difference. Excellent. The lead is about 9" long if it's any help. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more displaced USB plugs, 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
The trouble with many adapters is that although they have 4 ports, you cannot plug 4 items in, because the plugs interfere with each other. Not with with this item, and the lead is a little longer than some too, which is a great help. Great tool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4,black,bus-powered, 19 Dec 2009
Derek Manwaring "abetterturn" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
Does all that is claimed and all that I wanted it to do. Can't ask for more than that. Piano black finish compliments my Dell computer and looks the part, but as hubs are used mainly out of sight this would not be a consideration for most users.Well made and works a treat.Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars First time user review, 2 May 2010
C. Du - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
the product looks and feels quality. the black reflective paint matches with my black keyboard and my black mouse.
The device is plug and play, never had to install driver in either windows 7 or my mac os 10.5.8 (leopard) and it works great! 4 USB 2.0 ports are not too close to each other. I have tried plugging in 4 devices at once: IPod, key board, mouse and my blackberry. all syncs at the same time without problem. it does not connect very well to portable drives tho, not enough power i assumed
Although this USB hub isn't the cheapest on amazon, but i'd pay a little bit more for the quality and the look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hub worked well, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
I bought this unit because I was getting messages saying my printer could run faster with a USB 2.0 hub.

It was very easy to install and did the job perfectly. A recommended buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 29 July 2010
N. A. Smith "NickNighthawk" (Southern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
Plug it in, and it works :-)

I did actually, originally, buy this, to plug all my removable drives into, but discovered that it will not 'power' more than one device (if those devices are USB powered) so I now have my mouse, keyboard and printer, plugged into this, instead, and have plugged my removable devices directly into the computer (same difference, in the end)

I love the fact that it has a lead long enough to make it easily accessable on the desktop, when it's plugged into the computer, and it's black, and so matches everything else on my desktop :-) Nice and chunky, and sturdy, too ! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars USB HUB, 29 Jan 2010
Tiger (England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
I have found this product to be absolutely superb Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4,black,bus-powered It is well worth the price and it looks good, feels good, is robust and has sufficient flexibility to keep it out of the way of other USB inserts. Just what I wanted when I was looking for a HUB.

Mike Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Product just works -, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
I don't normally bother writing a review but I relied heavily on others' reviews to select this hub so thought I had better contribute.

I'm running relatively heavy duty appliances from all four ports - printer, external hard drive, wireless mouse etc. - and was worried that either they wouldn't all work as fast as they should or that there would be insufficient power to charge/run them. I think this is a common problem with USB hubs.

Device has worked perfectly, just plug it in and then you literally wouldn't know that it was there except for the empty usb ports on the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for the PS3., 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered (Accessory)
If like me you were looking for something to expand your PS3 USB ports, then this is the one for you. I had tried another product a while back and was disappointed that it didn't work with my PS3.

This Hama has my PlayTV, Turtle Beach headphones and PS3 camera plugged into it and all are working perfectly.

Only down side is the short lead but this was soon resolved by buying a USB extension cable.