5.0 out of 5 stars A work of genius
Published 15 months ago by Manuel Cards

Cheap or not - the 'US' edition BLU RAY of this pisstake movie on 20th Century Fox is REGION A LOCKED so it won't play on our machines unless they're chipped to be 'all regions' (which few are).

Stick with the 'UK' variant of "Meet The Spartans" - it's as cheap as a rubber shield and as lickable as a hand-drawn pectoral...
Published 4 months ago by Mark Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of genius, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Meet The Spartans [DVD] (DVD)
I can not recommend this film enough. There is not a single thing about it with which I can find fault. It surpasses everything that I have ever used for subduing primates that have been severely agitated after gene-splicing therapy. Ketamine, opium, ether and good old-fashioned chloroform do not even come close - not only because of dosage considerations, but also because you have to buy them more than once. This film, however, works every time with no loss of effect: the primates seem to be unable to build any resistance whatsoever. Every single time I put it on the projectors they are slumped against the bars of their cages, drooling, within 40 minutes. An outstanding product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meet the Spartans, 17 Dec 2011
If you have seen the original version of the 300 you will follow the story better.

from a Gay mans point of view this is the funniest film I have seen for ages, it made me cry with laughter.

If you don't like gay humour stay clear because you will hate it.

But go on watch it and have a good laugh :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars "Meet The Spartans" on BLU RAY - Compatibility Issues With The 'US' Disc..., 11 Mar 2014
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars silly , stupid but funny ., 5 Aug 2011
ok main character is that bloke him who used to be in eastenders but its not bad , worth a laugh , silly and stupid but at the same time its funny .
if you liked date movie , scary movie , all them micky take films you know what to expect from this . must see if only to watch the grand theft auto bit lol . worth a buy then get a load friends round , crack open a bottle and enjoy ..

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Plain Awful, 7 Jun 2008
D. Hodgson "Flappin" (Canada) - See all my reviews
Knowing that this movie came, at least partially, from the same stable that brought us the Scary Movie franchise and the Date Movie effort, I knew exactly what to expect in terms of content.

From the very beginning of the film you're subjected to ham-fisted pop culture references and "gross out" vomit and sex scenes which the earlier fims set the standard for. Now let me just get this straight, I love all the above when it's done well, think Superbad as a recent example, but sadly Meet the Spartans fails to be funny, AT ALL.

It's just plain awful, there's really no need to describe in detail why!

The jokes are none existent.

The script is shockingly bad.

Put simply, this film is a triumph of marketing over film-making. I've been an Amazon member for years but never have I felt compelled to warn people away from a film as I have after sitting, entirely unentertained, through such a piece of garbage as this.

Of course I understand that humour is a subjective thing and everyone has their own view on that, but seriously, if you find this as funny as some of the other reviews have suggested, consider medication.

Avoid. AT ALL COSTS!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unforgiveably rubbish, 12 July 2009
Mr. I. Edwards (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I'd just like to agree with all of the other comments that this is the worst of a very bad bunch. The truly amazing thing is that enough people seem to find these amusing to allow such unadulterated drivel to be produced.

I had the misfortune of seeing this "effort" all the way through at the cinema, thankfully not paying as I saw it on an Unlimited card. Worse than money though is the hour and a half or so of my life I wasted sitting through this I can never get back. It was so bad I had to go out and buy/watch the blu-ray of "300" to cleanse myself of this film's awfulness and remind myself how good it was. I can't believe I've wasted this much time even bothering to write about it so enough said!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, 21 July 2008
Dr Evil (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My God, when are these unfunny, repetitive spoof films going to stop?! In recent years we've been given four Scary Movie films, Epic Movie, Not Another Teen Movie, Superhero Movie, Date Movie and soon Disaster Movie and the "quality" just seems to be getting worse with each one and the releases are become much more frequent and `Meet The Spartans' is by far the worst of the lot. This is basically just a movie insulting the intelligence of anyone who watches it, using the setting of 300 to freely pour out one homophobic joke after the next with other completely lame parodies that just tire after literally seconds. I borrowed this film from someone who had a region 1 release and turned it off after about half an hour as I just couldn't take it anymore.

Do yourself a favour and avoid any of the movies in this series as they are all truly awful and I can't understand how these films even get released and more scarily - how the hell did this film ever get to no 1 at the box-office!!!???!!!! I think if we could give minus scores on Amazon, there wouldn't be enough on the page to rate this steaming pile. Avoid!

1.0 out of 5 stars Because they won't let me give it zero stars, 18 Jun 2008
Ray Blake (Hemel Hempstead, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Meet The Spartans [DVD] (DVD)
Every so often there comes a film which so lacks entertainment value that you want to go back to the box office and demand a refund, defacing the posters on your way out. This film could be one of those ones if it were twice as good as it is.

I don't expect ever to have to suffer a movie so misconceived, so poorly written or acted, so utterly dreadful as this. Never has the public's taste been so woefully underestimated.

I'll own up now. I don't own this DVD, although I have watched the film. I wish I hadn't, of course. I'm only posting this review in the hope that it might prevent others from unwittingly purchasing this pitiful piece of rubbish. You have been warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly, Stupid and certainly one to miss if they bring out a sequel, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Meet The Spartans [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This film to me was very silly, I thought a little humour would make it funny but it is just over the top and can almost be cast as "cringe comedy". Not one to watch, give it a miss.

3.0 out of 5 stars "..FUNNY 300 SPOOF..", 22 Jun 2014
S. Drury "SDX-800" (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meet The Spartans [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Yet again another hilarious movie spoof, this time 300 is getting ripped off with the usual array of cheesy jokes and gags, and as usual lots of other movies get a spot gag squeezed into the plot, its a pretty funny movie and even though its really cheesy best of times you cant help but laugh and that's what is meant to achieve, funny cast of people a few well known faces yet again with Kevin Sorbo, Diedrich Bader and Carmen Electra as usual showing off her breasts! If you want some good silly belly laughs then its worth a watch if you can pick it up cheap!
DVD has lots of features, behind the scenes, on set and deleted and extended scenes etc.

Meet The Spartans [DVD] [2008]
Meet The Spartans [DVD] [2008] by Jason Friedberg (DVD - 2008)
2.67