5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot Bluetooth speakers
The Good: Really easy to setup and a great sound. Works well with my laptop and also with my Blackberry. Connection to the speakers in day to day use is easy and reliable and interference is very rare. Would recomend to anyone.

Published on 6 Feb. 2009 by Mr. G. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptably good
These speakers work without much fuss, they are easy to set up either in Bluetooth mode or with a stereo cable into one of the speakers. The range through walls is good enough to do cheap but effective `multi-room' audio.

Published on 10 Mar. 2010 by Tim B

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot Bluetooth speakers, 6 Feb. 2009
Mr. G. Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot DS1120 Wireless HiFi Stereo Sound System (Electronics)

The Bad: Wasn't really bad, but being a UK based customer I was a little disappointed that the speakers arrived with transformers which are suited for plugging into a euro style socket (not UK 3 pin) and no adaptor was provided. Took a little longer but worth the wait.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought these after a comment by a salesman., 16 Feb. 2012
I was at home streaming music to my Creative Ziisound T6 speakers that are in my living room, but I was listening from the kitchen (I often did)
When a double glazing salesman knocked at the door and the first thing he said was I could hear your music system as soon as I opened my car door (he was parked about 200mtrs away) now I thought that was probably an over stating it, but it made me think that I probably wasn't considering my neighbors enough (none of my neighbors had ever said anything) so I decided that I would buy some more wireless speakers to spread around the Bungalow so as to reduce the volume at which I was having to set the Creatives in order be able to hear them all over the Bungalow.
I started searching and came up with these Parrot Speakers which appealed being 2 separate speakers that connected to each other wirelessly meaning you only had to supply power to each speaker with no other wires being involved. (unless you use the aux in, even then they communicate with each other wirelessly)
I eventually bought them brand new in a sealed box for £60. (an absolute bargain as far as I am concerned)
I decided I would use them in the bedroom streaming from my permanently connected bedroom laptop which I use for streaming from sites (like Netflix,ITVPlayer,4OD,Crackle,internet radio and generally using the internet via a big "TV" screen plus I stream from this laptop to my creative speakers and now the others that I also bought, in short I use it as a Media Centre leaving my other laptop free to use for anything else) in other words all the things I can't stream or do with my Smart TV/Blu-Ray players.
On to the speakers they are actually quite good with quite a good frequency spread, but the bundled software can be a bit of a menace, if you install it, it always try's to connect automatically to the speakers (you can't permanently switch off this software) when you boot up as well as trying again when you go on the internet if your laptop has built in bluetooth that switches on when you switch on the internet it try's to connect again, if the speakers aren't switched on it will go "bong" and you will get the message that the connection was unsuccessful, and your other bluetooth settings will go into some sort of error state and you will not be able connect to your other devices, so you then have to restart computer your to reset your bluetooth, the other thing is that this software can make permanent changes to your speaker settings, for instance I altered the balance on these speakers ie: more sound coming out of the right speaker than the left speaker, then I forgot about it now the software was in the laptop (it wouldn't install in the other despite both being Win7) that I don't normally use for streaming so that when I used the other laptop (the one without the software) the sound was still down from the left speaker and it was quite a while before I remembered that I had altered the balance with the other laptop, however I was a bit skeptical that the settings had remained altered in this way, so I disconnected with this laptop and reconnected with the other and altered the balance and sure enough they retained the new settings whichever laptop I used, I also think that when I boosted the bass and the treble settings that the speakers retained those settings as well because it seemed to remain the same whichever laptop I used, so the lesson to be learned here is if like me you uninstall the Parrot Audio Suite, that you have set the speakers as you want them to be, before you uninstall the Parrot Audio Suite, if you have an external bluetooth dongle and you can install this Parrot Audio Suite into your PC then being an external bluetooth being less susceptible to Windows vagaries I don't think that you'll have any trouble with error states, in which case it's worth having the Parrot Audio Suite installed for it's ability's to alter the speakers frequency response etc, which if you don't then like at a later time you can put back them back to how they were or of course use totally different settings.
In conclusion I'd have to say that I like the sound that these speakers now produce, they are very easy to "pair" with other devices (I have them paired with four devices) so I would definitely recommended them as they do also have a nice stereo "spread" and are really very easy to listen too and seem to be able to handle most of the music I listen too from stuff like ZZ Top's: "GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN" and "SHARP DRESSED MAN", To Tim Mcgraws: "Angry All the Time" and "Why We said Goodbye".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 9 Sept. 2010
K. Turner (Doncaster UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with the quality of the speakers and the sound. So easy to set up, and connect to.
My computer downloaded the latest drivers without any need to use the supplied cd :-)
Connected to my Ipod touch first go. They look great and sound fine for what they are!
Loads of volume and clear un-distorted sound.
Buy some!

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptably good, 10 Mar. 2010
Tim B (England, GB) - See all my reviews

There are some bad points. The speakers can't handle low frequencies at all; the lowest notes have very obvious distortion at all volumes. This is probably a limitation of the built in amplifiers' class D topology but, given that phones and similar devices aren't likely to have any kind of filter, it's a shame to find that missing from the speakers too. The sound is otherwise OK.

The other main point is the power inlet. The need for power is a real limit on use; these would be great in the garden if I didn't have to run a lead out there - in which case, I might as well just use wired speakers... and I'd have preferred a power adaptor with a normal UK BS1363 plug.

Parrot DS1120 Wireless HiFi Stereo Sound System