5.0 out of 5 stars Canterbury Tales
A really helpful edition at all levels: introductions to the whole text and to each story, notes on each story and a translation that prioritizes sense over rhyme. I was particularly pleased with the set of rules to help with pronunciation.

Little Devil - Magic realism/cross-over fantasy for readers aged 7 and up.
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Simso

3.0 out of 5 stars hated the layout.
Proofing is fair to good for the kindle. I did not like the format and found it the worst possible option.

I keep having to come back to this one since I find the layout so disjointed. Having read reviews praising the translation and high degree of explanation I feel that I must have downloaded a different version.

I'm used to Arden where text and...
Published 22 months ago by Account Closed

5.0 out of 5 stars Canterbury Tales, 24 Jun. 2012

Little Devil - Magic realism/cross-over fantasy for readers aged 7 and up.

3.0 out of 5 stars hated the layout., 8 July 2013

I'm used to Arden where text and detailed explanations share the same page. Perfect if you want to crib through or skip over. Sticking notes as notes at the end of each poem is just irritating, uncomfortable and unhelpful.

I'll keep plodding on, but Ill also keep looking for a far more comfortable and useful version than this one :( CW.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why I don't like all the so called collected works, 24 Sept. 2013
All of these so called collected works are too difficult to access because there are no indexes for particular books so you have to scroll through for ages to find what you want . Consequently, although I love the content of all these authors the access is appalling and so I feel all those that I ordered were a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canterbury Tales, 31 Mar. 2013
Very good. Very pleased to see that it also included " The House of Fame " and other poems. The introductory biog. of Chaucer was also very useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not set out at all well, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Canterbury Tales and Other Poems [Illustrated] (Kindle Edition)
Extremely hard to read.

It is neither the original or a modern translation, but some kind of hybrid translation which can be quite confusing.
Odd bits of punctuation and annotations are strewn throughout the text making it difficult to read with fluidity.
Such a shame.
As for it being illustrated, I couldn't see a single illustration, and I'm using a new kindle paperwhite.
For less than £1, I might be complaining a bit too much....

5.0 out of 5 stars Canterbury Tales., 23 April 2014
I liked this book very much. I have always liked Chaucer's work and found this charming. I use it for research and I would recommend its use for newcomers to the works of Chaucer

1.0 out of 5 stars Canterbury Tales, 26 Oct. 2012
R. I. Hughes (UK) - See all my reviews
The tales are readable but there is no linkable chapter list so there is no way of going to the start of a tale which makes it a bit rubbish !