4.0 out of 5 stars Tracklist
* Aerosmith "Dude (looks like a lady)"
* Blur "Country House"
* Bobby Brown "My Prerogative"
* The Cure "Pictures of You"
* Eminem "Without Me"
* George Michael "Freedom '90"
* Gorillaz "Dare"
* Gossip "Standing In The Way of Control"
* Hot Chocolate "You Sexy Thing"
* Kaiser Chiefs "Ruby"
* The Killers "When You Were...
Published on 15 May 2008 by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game - but Purchase Party Pack if you are starting out.
Good product, does what it says on tin with some popular songs on there, but personally I think you would get better value for money if you were to download your own choice of songs fron Singstore rather than waste money on songs that you wouldn't sing - For first timers, purchase the Singstar Party Pack instead...much better value.
Published on 26 Jan 2012 by ChrisT

4.0 out of 5 stars Tracklist, 15 May 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Vol. 2 - PlayStation Eye Enhanced (PS3) (Video Game)
* Aerosmith "Dude (looks like a lady)"
* Blur "Country House"
* Bobby Brown "My Prerogative"
* The Cure "Pictures of You"
* Eminem "Without Me"
* George Michael "Freedom '90"
* Gorillaz "Dare"
* Gossip "Standing In The Way of Control"
* Hot Chocolate "You Sexy Thing"
* Kaiser Chiefs "Ruby"
* The Killers "When You Were Young"
* Kool & The Gang "Celebration"
* The Libertines "Can't Stand Me Now"
* Lovin' Spoonful "Summer in the City"
* The Mamas & The Papas "California Dreamin'"
* Maximo Park "Our Velocity"
* Morrissey "Suedehead"
* Nirvana "Lithium"
* The Offspring "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)"
* Panic! At the Disco "But It's Better If You Do"
* Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus "We All Stand Together"
* The Police "Don't Stand So Close To Me"
* The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
* Pulp "Common People"
* Radiohead "Street Spirit"
* Shakespears Sisters "Stay"
* Spandau Ballet "True"
* Tom Jones feat. Mousse T. "Sexbomb"
* Tone Loc "Funky Cold Medina"
* Young M.C. "Bust A Move"

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Singstar Game, 24 May 2009
A. Foxley (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having enjoyed 'Singstar' games on the PS2 in the past, I couldn't resist giving the PS3 version a go. Volume 2 has a good mix of old and new songs, making it an ideal party game, with something for everyone. The ability to switch discs without restarting the game is welcome too, especially if you've built up a collection of different discs.

Those who've complained about this release are missing the point, I think - Singstore is there for those who want it, but for anyone who either lacks the ability or the will to download extra tracks individually, or who just wants an interesting array of songs, the discs are still worthwhile. All in all, this is a good package, and one that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a good, straightforward party game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs and update on ways to sing, 21 Jun 2008
Mr. G. L. Turner "AliBud" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't know what people are moaning about. 40 for 30 songs??? Only if the buy the microphones again. This game is better value for money depending on where you buy it (17.99 for 30 songs without mics). They have updated the way that two people can sing together, which was needed for certain songs. They are just supplying what is being demanded.

Anyway the songs are great, its good that they are bring out as many songs as they do and the new 2 playing singing is great. Cant wait for disc 3!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent party game!, 23 Sep 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I recently decided to get a copy of Singstar Vol 2, Singstar Queen & the Singstar Wireless Mics when I went to trade in my Wii & games to get some new titles for my PS3.

I must admitt that I don't usually go in for karaoke, dance games, tv quizes & the general "party games" which have been around for a while, however there was something with Singstar on PS3 which caught my attention. Usually whenever we have a bit of a house party, theres a 99% chance that the tunes will start coming on the iPods & everybody will have a bit of a sing along & over the years the songs included in the Singstar releases have started to get more diverse & with the regular volume releases, you will usually be able to find a song to suite everyone.

Even if you find the standard volumes are bit of a mixed bag, Singstar have now started to release titles dedicated to specific artists & genres including: Singstar Pop Edition, Singstar Motown, Singstar ABBA, Singstar Queen & Singstar Take That which will following later in the year.

Also if you want to build a personalised libray of songs taylored to your tastes, the PS3 Singstar series now includes Singstore which you can purchase tracks or songpacks in a similar vain to Rockband, Guitar Hero or iTunes.

Quite pleasingly you will find that the Sinstore on Singstar is updated quite regulary & has songs nicely organised in Artist, Genre & Songpack sections to help make finding & purchasing new songs as simple as possible... I've purchased loads of stuff from The Cure, The Stone Rose, The Hoosiers & there are hundreds more to choose from.

Another cool idea for the Singstar online community is the option to post videos & pics taken if you have a Playstation Eye camera which you can post on a community board for people to view, rate & comment on. Personally, even though I have a Playstation Eye... I haven't had the guts to make a vid & post one of me & my mates yet! Lol

I'm glad I purchased Singstar & would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great game to enjoy with friends. I even take my PS3 & Singstar round to my mates house when me & the lads have a bit of a Fifa & beer night, which quite surprisingly always gets everyone join if for a sing on Queen, The Stone Rose, The Proclaimers & more.

So if your looking for a great pary game... try Singstar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow singing bliss 2, 26 Mar 2013
I love this! It has the odd good song, until my missus attempts to sing it! but honestly the missus loves it, so who cares! I can go down to the pub, while she murders the microphone!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 12 Dec 2012
great buy, its perfect for playing with friends (even if the neighbours now hate us) hahaha would recommend it highly

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game - but Purchase Party Pack if you are starting out., 26 Jan 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Jive Bunny?, 16 May 2009
B. Cousins "The Eternal Noob" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this with my PS3 console along with two USB microphones, I was a bit sceptical, having played Guitar Hero World Tour and singing on that I knew I was no rock star. But this game is different, you get all the music videos to the songs on the disk. Soon after installing the update, I was crooning to PULP - Common People, Blur - Country Life, and so on. There are a good amount of songs included that span the 70s to 90s, so there should be a song for everyone. The microphones have a good length of cord so you can stand, dance a bit or sit on the couch playing. It does take a bit of practice to get the tone of your voice right to score well in this game so don't worry if you start off with lots of low scores, much like myself. The more you play, you do improve, and my other half doesn't have her hand to her ears quite so much anymore!
You can also choose to battle another player, so you both sing the song and see who has the highest score at the end. There is the duet option, so one person takes the lead and one the backup generally. There is an option to save the song you have sung also, so you can hear yourself over the music as you play it back, and so can keep it for a laugh or to see how you are improving
There is also the online store, where you can buy singles or music packs, I bought an 80s pack and a queen pack for about 4.50 each, and you get five songs on each. The pricing for singles is 99 pence which I think is a bit too much for a song so be wary of how many you buy, the price can stack up.
I hope they bring out a Tenacious D pack, that would be awesome, take note developers!!!
I have recently ordered the Abba Singstar, to add more variety and fun to the game play, which I will review also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Downloads are specific to the machine downloaded to, 15 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We changed our ps3 and gave the old one to our son and found that all songs downloaded on line were lost and wouldn't re download as said it was ps3 specific. I gonna buy discs now!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money if songs are available for download, 27 July 2008
I have Singstar 1 for PS3 and after an update also have a new harmony mode with some of the songs I have downloaded. I dont want to change discs in the middle of a game and dont want to have a second disc. If the songs on the new disc are not available for download then playstation are not rewarding loyal customers. We have over 150 songs now and I dont want my kids changing the disc over and over again when playing the game. (Where are the wireless mics. featured in the intro of the first disc, perhaps they should sort this first)

SingStar Vol. 2 - PlayStation Eye Enhanced (PS3)
15.99