5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and does the job....
Published on 12 July 2010 by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive decanter but not a great pouring carafe.
Published on 25 July 2012 by Wake up Mr Jones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and does the job...., 12 July 2010
This review is from: Sagaform 0001095 Wine Carafe with Oak Stopper (Kitchen & Home)
Being a lover of red wine, I decided to treat myself to a carafe to use at dinner parties or just to air a really nice bottle. I have never used one before, so wasn't sure how much of a change there would be to the taste and finish of the wine, but was really impressed. It does make a big difference, brings out a fuller flavour and I think it looks really nice and simple too (some others I had seen where a bit OTT in both design and cost!)

The only draw back is that it's a bit difficult to clean, so I would recommend purchasing either a brush or clean beads along with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your wine breathe, 19 May 2011
I got one of these for my birthday this year and I have to say I'm won over. It (probably) fits two full bottles of wine, which makes it particularly useful for dinner parties and any leftover wine can be easily kept until needed.
I feel a lot of cheapish wines taste better when they are allowed to breathe/rest for 24 hours before drinking, and this is something made easy with this decanter. The oak stopper is a nice feature that many decanters/carafes don't have. I was initially concerned about the wood being stained by the wine but I certainly haven't noticed anything.
It is well-balanced and feels very stable and easy to pour. Very few drips of wine run down the outside after pouring, never enough to reach the table.
It can be a bit tricky to clean (not dishwasher friendly; can't fit my hand inside) but when washing out with warm water and soap, there there is never any residue/wine left inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 18 Jun 2011
A great gift for any wine lover! Looks great in a cabinet and on the dining table. Love the wooden stopper-makes it stand out from the crowd!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and simple design, 26 Feb 2012
Its a beautiful decanter, simple and elegant looking. It doesn't feel fragile and is easy to clean. It also makes a nice gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wine Carafe Review, 5 Feb 2012
Nicolas Arrive "Nick" (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
The wine carafe has a very large base and came quickly and was very well wrapped up as advertised. Would recommend to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 13 Jan 2014
Bought this as a gift for my mother and she loves it. Looks exactly as it does in the picture.
Was a bit nervous ordering a glass item online but when it arrived it was well packaged, It came in a box with moulded polystyrene around the item and around the box it was bubble wrapped. So it was perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish wine decanter., 4 Jan 2014
Extremely happy with this product. It was purchased as a Christmas present and both the recipient and I love the stylish look of the product. The wooden stopper really sets it off nicely. Easily holds 2 bottles of wine and is easy to pour. Looks great on the dining table at a dinner party. Thrilled with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive decanter but not a great pouring carafe., 25 July 2012
Wake up Mr Jones! (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
In spite of the average rating I am actually very pleased with this product but only because I bought it for simple double decanting rather than as a table carafe. I like red wine in particular to breathe for around an hour before drinking so this is a perfectly acceptable decanter, especially since I also then wish to double decant the wine because I prefer to have the bottle on the table and pour from there. However, when transferring back into the bottle I note that, due to the upper curvature, the angle at which you have to hold it in order to thoroughly empty the last of the wine is extremely acute not to say almost vertical. Now that's no problem to me because I don't have to look elegant when I'm doing it but I wouldn't fancy trying to look smart pouring the last dregs at a dinner table. In short, as a decanter with a suitably large interior surface area to give the wine some air it's very good but as a pouring carafe I think it's rather a triumph of style over functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful item, 8 Jan 2014
The shape fits securely into one's hand;it pours well; it holds lots; the oak stopper prevents it looking like a specimen bottle!

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 14 Jan 2012
I bought this decanter as a Christmas gift for my husband and he loved it! It is very light and elegant. The delivery was efficient and on time.

Sagaform 0001095 Wine Carafe with Oak Stopper