5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pressure Cooker
I'm totally delighted with this cooker. It's very simple to use, feels extremely well built. I was able to verify the even distribution of heat on the 3-ply base because, on my induction hob, the bubbles as the water boils were very evenly distributed.

Published on 26 Feb. 2009 by K. Sangeelee

2.0 out of 5 stars Vastly Overated
Published on 29 Sept. 2008 by fallingforstars

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pressure Cooker, 26 Feb. 2009
K. Sangeelee "Kevin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker With Side Grips (22cm), 4.0 Litre (Kitchen & Home)

It comes with a full diameter stainless-steel trivet, so they haven't skimped. I guess you get what you pay for, and I believe that this item is fantastic quality at a fair price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vastly Overated, 29 Sept. 2008
fallingforstars (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Having the handle break on my 20 year old Prestige aluminium pressure cooker meant looking for one to equal or better it. After a little research the name of Kuhn Rikon from Switzerland seemed to be heralded as the bees knees when it comes to quality cookware of this type. The finish is superb and the pressure guage is well designed and seems to be in a different league to my old Prestige. However, after now nearly a year of use I can wholeheartedly say I wish I could get the handle mended on the Prestige. You cannot risk coating diced meat in flour as it is guaranteed to burn not only the pan but also the meat. I have also recently noticed that the pressure guage binds slightly within its lid housing which means it gives a false reading of not yet being up to pressure consequently leading once again to overcooked food. Enough said - it looks great and performs okay but it is way overpriced and it most definitely does not cook as reliably as my old Prestige. You have been warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic pressure cooker, 19 July 2014
I've never used a pressure cooker before so was a bit apprehensive about how to use it. I needed have worried as it is easy to use. The cooker is manufactured to a high quality; noticeably better than cheaper models I compared. A trivet is included. I also bought the inner basket that has sections. I bought the 4 ltr size and have found it to be 'just right'.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it!, 9 Feb. 2014
So easy to use
I'm making a veg and green lentil soup right now
Much more compact than long handled pressure cookers
Looks attractive and is easy to clean
Highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Just excellent, 24 May 2013
G. J. Morris "foxyglo16" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
After doing a lot of research I decided to buy this pressure cooker and certainly have no regrets. I have cooked oxtail, ox tongue and other tough pieces of meat and the results were excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always wanted a pressure cooker, 17 Nov. 2013
I have always wanted a pressure cooker but have always felt a little scared of them.

However, after just one use of this item I feel totally at ease with it. It is so simple.

I can not recommend it highly enough .... And it looks stylish too.

I have found this size ideal for making a casserole for a family of four ( including all the veg and potatoes) . I am considering buying a second, larger one for cooking for big family gatherings or for cooking in bulk for the freezer.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick & easy to, 12 Nov. 2014
Fabulous ! No noise, quick & easy to clea

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 May 2015
The best pressure cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars superb pressure cooker, 22 May 2013
This pressure cooker was perfect in capacity, and perfect for cooking small meals and pulses etc. I wanted one which was stainless steel, and also had the special base for conducting heat successfully. The reviews about it helped in my decision to purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pressure cooker, 12 Oct. 2011
I've never used a pressure cooker, this is perfect, fast and secure, i like it. I recommend it, it's very useful.