5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and intense, 7 Jan. 2009
Voracious for Books "Voraciousforbooks" (South London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is my new favourite, in this series. It not only surpasses the best of the earlier books, but it perfectly showcases the skills of the author.

I've read the whole series right from the beginning, when they were only available as ebooks on the EC website. I've owned this book less than one week and read it twice already. Gloria 'Ria' Rodrigues is sent to Sanctuary to find a traitor/s. She instantly drawn to Mercury who everyone knows was mated, and his mate was killed. Mecury is the rare breed who is physically closer to the animal (lion) than other breeds. Ria doesn't want to get involved with him; she's not his mate and will only ever be second-best, and end up with her heart broken. But unbeknown to them both the beast within Mercury is waking up from a long sleep.

This book features a breed who is both intensely male and vulnerable; which makes him especially appealing. I loved the banter between Mercury and Ria. I found there was an emotional intensity in this novel that really got to me. Read this and you'll be dabbing your eyes one minute, and fanning yourself the next. When you combine the great story, and depth of characterisation with Leigh's trademark 'heat', then this book can't be more highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mercury at last, 8 Dec. 2008
He's appeared as a cameo in so many of the other 'breed' books so it was great to see him get his own story. Hot and steamy with a big twist in the tail - where does she get all her ideas?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jun. 2009
DebB (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Another good installment in this series.
I liked that the mating heat didn't kick in for quite a while, so the attraction was unforced (a slightly uneasy element of some of the earlier stories for me), and liked that Ria was such a strong and capable character, eminently capable of dealing with all the male Breeds.
The underlying story is moving on nicely, and I'm still waiting for Jonas to get his comeuppance!
This totally held my attention, I've read it several times already, will read it again, have read some of the earlier ones on the strength of this one, and will continue to buy this series and look out for the early books that rarely appear over here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best yet, 27 Nov. 2008
A. Walker "TRONKUL" (UK) - See all my reviews
It was worth the wait. Great new title by Lora with good strong characters and a fantastic story line, with fab twist at the end. Unputdownable. So lock the doors turn off the phone settle down and enjoy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it ..., 21 Feb. 2010
Lil Troll (West Midlands England) - See all my reviews
I've been reading the 'breed series' and couldnt wait for Merc to have his own story. It doesn't disappoint and this is my fav story in the entire series (I hav 4 books left to read), Merc is so vunerable so to see his barriers come down with Ria was a joy to see unfold as well as amusing. Their love story leaves you breathless & I have to say im very envious, the underlying story was better constructed than in some of the other books although 'the mating heat' was just as hot. Loved it cant wait for Rule & Law to have their turn in the spotlight, what fantastic names Law Justice, Rule Breaker & Mercury Warrant you just know they are gnna be so hot <3. Keep them comming I have Jonas' outing on pre-order I enjoy this series so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, 26 Aug. 2011
I have enjoyed many of Lora Leigh books but this is my favorite. I found myself in tears for Ria and laughing out loud for no apparent reason which my children thought I'd gone mad. I really enjoyed this book the best one yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mercury's War, 12 Oct. 2009
Mrs. J. Smart (UK) - See all my reviews
Another in a long line of excellent stories from Lora Leigh. It makes better sense if you have read the books in order nevertheless it is a good "read". I think I now have most of her books ready for the dark cold winter nights,to read again I won't need the central heating as her books make you "hot" enough.
I hope she keeps writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...wow...wow! Nuff said., 2 Oct. 2010
P. C. Kemigisha "p_colette" (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mercury's War (Kindle Edition)
I seem to be the last to jump onto Lora Leigh's bandwagon and although I read a lot, I never take the time to write reviews...until now! I have to say that this woman has an imagination that leaves me amazed....I have whizzed through the entire BREED SERIES in just three days and this one is the best of all. Every fan knows LL is more than good with the HOT scenes, but this particular book has a different edge as well...I found the plot so solid, the emotion searing and the 'intimate' moments just off the charts. If in doubt just use the 'one click button'. BUY...BUY...BUY and curl up in a warm blanket with lots of supplies as you won't move until you've finished this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Jun. 2009
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have read Lora Leigh's novels before but not the paranormal ones and didn't think I would be a fan but I am! I really enjoyed this book and as usual the sex scenes heat up the page! I look forward to reading all the books in this series now I am a convert.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mercury, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Mercury's War (Breed Book 16) (Kindle Edition)
I have been waiting for his story for a long time and finally we get to understand more about him. He doesn't want to feel again as he believes he has lost his mate but the Ria comes along and everything changes. He finally admits to caring for her and then his "mate" shows up. What a bitch she is too. Now as a reader we know there will be a HEA but in usual Lora Leigh form there are troubles along the way. There are the usual sex scenes that get you hot under the collar and the humour and worries that come along in every story. Another good book.

Mercury's War (Breed Book 16)