5.0 out of 5 stars Great help!, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Desperate Marriages: Moving Toward Hope and Healing in Your Relationship (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book, after dropping our eldest at Uni for the first time. Instead of arguing with my husband, I got this book on kindle. Great answers and advice for very hard questions you thought the answer was divorce. My mum got divorced and said to me that there was no other way. I said if I believed her I had no hope for my marriage. This book got many answers on what my part in my marriage is. It takes time to turn around but it is worth it. It saved a big argument with my husband that night, I put the book into practice straight away and I had a good night sleep. I finished reading it, recommended to friends. Good tool to give advice to people hurting. Tackles issues that other books don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth Reading, 4 Aug 2013
D. Jarvis (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desperate Marriages (Paperback)
Very well worth reading. The author understands the emotional burden that the reader may be experiencing. Can select which sections are relevant and taking time to answer the questions posed is very worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Desperate Marriages (Paperback)
I'm a fan of Dr Chapman's and enjoyed reading this book where he looks at different types of 'desperate marriage' and explains how he believes a responsible spouse will tackle their marriage without walking out or being walked over. As usual he gives plenty of real-life examples from his years as a marriage counsellor. Some of the marriages he describes would require professional assistance to resolve the issues, which Dr Chapman is clear about - thus a marriage where there has been domestic violence shouldn't be continued unless the abuser agrees to move out and work on their issues. Other marriages - such as one with a controlling spouse - need work but aren't as hopeless as some people make out. This book is worth reading if you are in a desperate marriage or know people in a desperate marriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical help, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Desperate Marriages (Paperback)
An excellent book to help and guide those through difficult marriages.
Gary Chapman gives insight into the dynamics of these types of relationships
and actually gives advice on how to handle certain situations. A brave step
outside the usual principles of counseling or therapy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never tought I'd find a book like this, 13 Oct 2013
The title of the book is very meaningful. You will probably find your own situation described in its pages and that makes it seem very personal. It brings an explanation for why very difficult situations exist, with lots of real life examples. Most importantly it gives rules and guidelines you can follow to change your approach and bring improvements to your marriage. I can see signs of improvement already and I have plenty of ideas from this book to work on. Thank you for writing this.