5,629 Reviews
 (4,300)

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by J. Hull

3.0 out of 5 stars A word of warning
This cable (or at least the one I was supplied with) does not work with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray player. Strangely, it DOES work with a Philips BDP3000/05, and I must admit the picture quality is fabulous. But when connected to the Sony there's no picture at all.

There are some conflicting reports about this cable - for the record, mine is 1.8m long as...
Published on 12 Dec 2009 by Rich McG

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 9 Mar 2009
J. Hull (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A (Accessory)
I have this cable and a £40 one I bought when the Playstation 3 first came out, and I can safely say that the two produce an IDENTICAL image. There's absolutely no difference in quality between this, extremely well priced one, and the over priced ones that the oh-so-convincing sales reps might convince you that you need. HDMI cables are digital cables, not analogue, and therefore do not differ in quality the way analogue leads used to.

The 1.8M cable in this case is perfectly long enough to come from the back of the television to any Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, etc, with a little bit of give as well - and it's not so long that the data transfer commits the image to loose quality (studies have shown that longer leads can affect signal strength, so the shorter the better). If you have a HDMI port in the back of your monitor, you can also use this for that - I have tried it with both the PS3, and Xbox 360 and it looks fantastic. A perfect cable in all respects.

UPDATE (Sept 2014): I have now been using this HDMI cable for 5 years, and I am still using it - although now on updated hardware. It works just as well on my PS4, and this has got to be one of the very best purchases I have ever made. Fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 22 Feb 2012
Kalimon (Manchester,England) - See all my reviews
Having bought at least 20 HDMI cables over the last 4 or 5 years, I feel I am in a good position to comment on these cables.
First, let me start by saying that I have spent £70 in the past on a HDMI cable and while there is no doubting that it was superbly
built and finished off, it sits behind my tv out of sight. These cables are a good length for most applications and more importantly,
for those of you who have flat screens with side mounted sockets, they are really slim, flexible cables which can be bent behind the
tv out of sight (this is a big issue with certain tellys). There is no difference I can see to the image quality these cables produce
to those of much more expensive cables.
Don't waste your hard earned money, buy these instead.
PS
Since I wrote this review, I have purchased another 6 of these cables with 2 more on order and I am still amazed how they can supply
them for this incredible price.
Stunning value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 Dec 2008
Gordon Rose (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Very High quality HDMI lead for the price Like many people have said DO NOT waste your money on expensive leads unless you are planning on it being well over 2m which i have read somewhere should not be as good on some cheap cables,but im sure this one is good, i did not get the item in the picture though, it was a similar item, which looks much better and has a shiny finish to it,The Gold plated connector are a nice looking finish and im sure this has a few other benifits aswell, also the wire i got is much more protected than the one in the picture so im extremely pleased! Overall A Outstanding buy, I recommened this to anyone! One of the best HDMI cable Deals ive seen around!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Feb 2011
Shahid (Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this to connect my PS3 with my LCD. Works perfectly. Very clear picture and good value for money. I gave 4 stars because the cable is to stiff. couldn't bend around easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for an HDMI lead that does the job perfect, 5 Nov 2011
sath888 (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I paid only £1.29 for this lead and was highly delighted with it. Why pay expensive prices when this does the job perfect.

The lead is a perfect size for connecting TV to any source - HDD/DVD recorder, blue ray player, PS3 etc. - with still enough slack. Note this lead is also HDCP, which is required for delivering the full 1080i or 1080p experience. The picture quality delivered is stable and excellent, with no noise at all. The lead and connecters is of good enough quality considering the price.

Here's a word of advice regarding HDMI leads - the length of the lead is important. If you want the full 1080i or 1080p then the lead must be 5 metres or under in length, using a longer lead then you will experience screen flickering and noise, the longer the lead the worse this will be. Example - I use a 10 metre HDMI lead from my Computer to TV and have to reduce the resolution to 720p to eliminate screen flicker and noise.

I can only add that I am more than delighted with this purchase and I would certainly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing an HDMI lead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a time, 7 Jan 2011
The price makes this a must try, you are not losing much at all if you end up with a dud and I suppose if you're that concerned you can send it back, but for the price it's definitely worth the "risk".

Mine has begun to break, that is why it only gets 4 stars. I have had it for a few months now, and over the past few weeks the picture will occaisonally cut out entirely, upon which I have to get up and adjust it. How to adjust it tends to be trial and error, taking it out and not pushing it in as far as it can go has held up well for a week, but non the less the cable is technically "broken". Despite this, the picture is excellent, better than the bundled HDMI I was gifted (non gold pins, and standard wiring). The cable itself looks very nice, it appears more sturdy than it has proven to be.

Maybe I was the unlucky one, there doesn't appear to be many complaints about the quality of this cable, but I feel it's worth noting that this one has a malfunction.

I'd still recommend buying a couple, in case you get a dud, it's always good to have a back up even if the first is flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 May 2011
I was a bit dubious about ordering this item, because it was so much cheaper than similar items in the shops. I'm so glad I ordered this item. Why would anyone need to pay £40+ with the big retailers, when this item is just as good, if not better. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 May 2011
Gary B (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews of this product before purchase as it seemed too cheap and I did not want an inferior cable to spoil my viewing. However the product works perfectly and provides a great picture. If you spend any more than this you are throwing your money away.

4.0 out of 5 stars PhoneWizz, 31 July 2010
1.8M HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold Connectors For Use With Freeview HD box, HD TV's / Xbox 360 / PS3 etc

For the price it does exactly what you need it to do, the cable length is just about right.
I just wanted a basic HDMI lead for my TV and Home Ent System etc. and these worked great, saving me quite a lot of money compaired to high street prices. Very pleased. Don't you just love shopping at Amazon? B-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, don't waste your money on "premium" nonsense, 14 May 2009
C Allen (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This cable is fine. One of the other reviewers noted poor build quality; so far as I can tell the one I have is pretty well made. I have fit it and forgot it, so to speak, so don't know if it would be up to frequent patching or not.

As others have noted, the picture quality with this lead is exactly the same as for £20 or sometimes £40 "premium" cables you may see. You need to know that HDMI is sent in what's called BCH coding, a digital error checking and correcting code. This means that in the vast majority of cases, all HDMI cables will give identical picture quality. Unless they are defective, in which case send it back to the shop. There's no subtlety in it - so long as the connectors don't come off, wires don't snap etc, HDMI just works. So don't waste your money on "voodoo interconnect" - buy this one!