6,263 Reviews
 (4,756)

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable
Published on 9 Mar. 2009 by J. Hull

3.0 out of 5 stars A word of warning
This cable (or at least the one I was supplied with) does not work with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray player. Strangely, it DOES work with a Philips BDP3000/05, and I must admit the picture quality is fabulous. But when connected to the Sony there's no picture at all.

There are some conflicting reports about this cable - for the record, mine is 1.8m long as...
Published on 12 Dec. 2009 by Rich McG

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 9 Mar. 2009
J. Hull (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A (Accessory)
I have this cable and a £40 one I bought when the Playstation 3 first came out, and I can safely say that the two produce an IDENTICAL image. There's absolutely no difference in quality between this, extremely well priced one, and the over priced ones that the oh-so-convincing sales reps might convince you that you need. HDMI cables are digital cables, not analogue, and therefore do not differ in quality the way analogue leads used to.

The 1.8M cable in this case is perfectly long enough to come from the back of the television to any Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, etc, with a little bit of give as well - and it's not so long that the data transfer commits the image to loose quality (studies have shown that longer leads can affect signal strength, so the shorter the better). If you have a HDMI port in the back of your monitor, you can also use this for that - I have tried it with both the PS3, and Xbox 360 and it looks fantastic. A perfect cable in all respects.

UPDATE (Sept 2014): I have now been using this HDMI cable for 5 years, and I am still using it - although now on updated hardware. It works just as well on my PS4, and this has got to be one of the very best purchases I have ever made. Fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 Dec. 2008
Gordon Rose (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Very High quality HDMI lead for the price Like many people have said DO NOT waste your money on expensive leads unless you are planning on it being well over 2m which i have read somewhere should not be as good on some cheap cables,but im sure this one is good, i did not get the item in the picture though, it was a similar item, which looks much better and has a shiny finish to it,The Gold plated connector are a nice looking finish and im sure this has a few other benifits aswell, also the wire i got is much more protected than the one in the picture so im extremely pleased! Overall A Outstanding buy, I recommened this to anyone! One of the best HDMI cable Deals ive seen around!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 May 2011
I was a bit dubious about ordering this item, because it was so much cheaper than similar items in the shops. I'm so glad I ordered this item. Why would anyone need to pay £40+ with the big retailers, when this item is just as good, if not better. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 22 Feb. 2012
Kalimon (Manchester,England) - See all my reviews
Having bought at least 20 HDMI cables over the last 4 or 5 years, I feel I am in a good position to comment on these cables.
First, let me start by saying that I have spent £70 in the past on a HDMI cable and while there is no doubting that it was superbly
built and finished off, it sits behind my tv out of sight. These cables are a good length for most applications and more importantly,
for those of you who have flat screens with side mounted sockets, they are really slim, flexible cables which can be bent behind the
tv out of sight (this is a big issue with certain tellys). There is no difference I can see to the image quality these cables produce
to those of much more expensive cables.
Don't waste your hard earned money, buy these instead.
PS
Since I wrote this review, I have purchased another 6 of these cables with 2 more on order and I am still amazed how they can supply
them for this incredible price.
Stunning value!

4.0 out of 5 stars PhoneWizz, 31 July 2010
1.8M HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold Connectors For Use With Freeview HD box, HD TV's / Xbox 360 / PS3 etc

For the price it does exactly what you need it to do, the cable length is just about right.
I just wanted a basic HDMI lead for my TV and Home Ent System etc. and these worked great, saving me quite a lot of money compaired to high street prices. Very pleased. Don't you just love shopping at Amazon? B-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain HDMI Cable!!!!, 9 Dec. 2010
Folks you maybe thinking what i was before i bought this HDMI cable - "Is it realy worth it? Will it give me superior quality as an expensive HDMI Cable?" Well the answer to both questions is "YES"!! I've been using this cable since 2+ weeks for my PS3 which is hooked up to my Onkyo amplifier and i have to say that the picture quality is amazing and especially with Blu Ray movies.

All you need to remember is that as long as this cable send's digitial signals "1's" and "0's" then you carnt go wrong. Im definatly no expert but a HDMI cable is a HDMI cable (If you do your research on google you'll see what i mean!!)

Plus look at the postivie reviews left by all these people - the same carnt be said about much of the other sellers who are charging extortionate prices for the same type of cable.....

Yes the quality and price vary between manufacturers but at the end of the day this cable does the job like any other HDMI cable does. I've compared it to my Belkin HDMI cable which i paid [...] for and there's certainly no difference with picture quality.

Ooh and i nearly forgot to mention - the build quality is excellent - no issues found with my HDMI cable.

So folks do yourself a favour and buy this - its a no brainer!!

Ezee

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 May 2011
Gary B (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews of this product before purchase as it seemed too cheap and I did not want an inferior cable to spoil my viewing. However the product works perfectly and provides a great picture. If you spend any more than this you are throwing your money away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, don't waste your money on "premium" nonsense, 14 May 2009
C Allen (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This cable is fine. One of the other reviewers noted poor build quality; so far as I can tell the one I have is pretty well made. I have fit it and forgot it, so to speak, so don't know if it would be up to frequent patching or not.

As others have noted, the picture quality with this lead is exactly the same as for £20 or sometimes £40 "premium" cables you may see. You need to know that HDMI is sent in what's called BCH coding, a digital error checking and correcting code. This means that in the vast majority of cases, all HDMI cables will give identical picture quality. Unless they are defective, in which case send it back to the shop. There's no subtlety in it - so long as the connectors don't come off, wires don't snap etc, HDMI just works. So don't waste your money on "voodoo interconnect" - buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic HDMI cable -it's a good thing-, 1 Dec. 2011
Does exactly what you need it to do. This cable allows you to play games/watch films in HD quality. So why have a I got such a boring title for this review? Well it's cable at the end of the day it does what it says on the tin, the review is more based on the price, compared with MicroSoft and Sony's own HDMI cables. People worry that cheaper means worse quality but from previous experience I have already bought a HDMI Cable from this Seller before as I didn't want to spend £15 on a HDMI Cable which is pretty much exactly the same apart from the fact it's branded with a company name on it.

So in long story short I absolutely recommend buying this HDMI cable because it's both low priced and works exactly the same as the other Branded cables! Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 6 Nov. 2009
James Arkle - See all my reviews
Perfect cheap little HDMI cable. Does the job just as well as the majority of much more expensive ones.