4,676 Reviews
 (3,569)

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by J. Hull

3.0 out of 5 stars A word of warning
This cable (or at least the one I was supplied with) does not work with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray player. Strangely, it DOES work with a Philips BDP3000/05, and I must admit the picture quality is fabulous. But when connected to the Sony there's no picture at all.

There are some conflicting reports about this cable - for the record, mine is 1.8m long as...
Published on 12 Dec 2009 by Rich McG

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 9 Mar 2009
J. Hull (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A (Accessory)
I have this cable and a 40 one I bought when the Playstation 3 first came out, and I can safely say that the two produce an IDENTICAL image. There's absolutely no difference in quality between this, extremely well priced one, and the over priced ones that the oh-so-convincing sales reps might convince you that you need. Disclaimer: HDMI cables are digital cables, not analogue, and therefore don't differ in quality the way analogue leads used to.

the 1.8M cable in this case is perfectly long enough to come from the back of the television to any Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, etc, with a little bit of give as well - and it's not so long that the data transfer commits the image to loose quality (the length DOES make a difference with digital cables - shorter the better). If you have a HDMI port in the back of your monitor, you can also use this for that - I have tried it with both the PS3, and Xbox 360 and it looks fantastic. A perfect cable in all respects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 Dec 2008
Gordon Rose (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Very High quality HDMI lead for the price Like many people have said DO NOT waste your money on expensive leads unless you are planning on it being well over 2m which i have read somewhere should not be as good on some cheap cables,but im sure this one is good, i did not get the item in the picture though, it was a similar item, which looks much better and has a shiny finish to it,The Gold plated connector are a nice looking finish and im sure this has a few other benifits aswell, also the wire i got is much more protected than the one in the picture so im extremely pleased! Overall A Outstanding buy, I recommened this to anyone! One of the best HDMI cable Deals ive seen around!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 22 Feb 2012
Kalimon (Manchester,England) - See all my reviews
Having bought at least 20 HDMI cables over the last 4 or 5 years, I feel I am in a good position to comment on these cables.
First, let me start by saying that I have spent 70 in the past on a HDMI cable and while there is no doubting that it was superbly
built and finished off, it sits behind my tv out of sight. These cables are a good length for most applications and more importantly,
for those of you who have flat screens with side mounted sockets, they are really slim, flexible cables which can be bent behind the
tv out of sight (this is a big issue with certain tellys). There is no difference I can see to the image quality these cables produce
to those of much more expensive cables.
Don't waste your hard earned money, buy these instead.
PS
Since I wrote this review, I have purchased another 6 of these cables with 2 more on order and I am still amazed how they can supply
them for this incredible price.
Stunning value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for an HDMI lead that does the job perfect, 5 Nov 2011
sath888 (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I paid only 1.29 for this lead and was highly delighted with it. Why pay expensive prices when this does the job perfect.

The lead is a perfect size for connecting TV to any source - HDD/DVD recorder, blue ray player, PS3 etc. - with still enough slack. Note this lead is also HDCP, which is required for delivering the full 1080i or 1080p experience. The picture quality delivered is stable and excellent, with no noise at all. The lead and connecters is of good enough quality considering the price.

Here's a word of advice regarding HDMI leads - the length of the lead is important. If you want the full 1080i or 1080p then the lead must be 5 metres or under in length, using a longer lead then you will experience screen flickering and noise, the longer the lead the worse this will be. Example - I use a 10 metre HDMI lead from my Computer to TV and have to reduce the resolution to 720p to eliminate screen flicker and noise.

I can only add that I am more than delighted with this purchase and I would certainly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing an HDMI lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Cable, 3 May 2011
I ordered this because I wanted to try it for quality, rather than going straight to a more expensive item. I must say that it is excellent quality, I've tried it on both a 40" TV and a 24" HD computer monitor around all kinds of wireless devices - and there's no interference! People are persuaded into buying more expensive cables but there really is no need when products like this are on offer. The fact that the cable is digital means there is no interference.
The cable itself is quite thin, however the plugs seem durable and well made and the whole thing seems pretty sturdy.
A great product I would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 May 2011
I was a bit dubious about ordering this item, because it was so much cheaper than similar items in the shops. I'm so glad I ordered this item. Why would anyone need to pay 40+ with the big retailers, when this item is just as good, if not better. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Feb 2011
Shahid (Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this to connect my PS3 with my LCD. Works perfectly. Very clear picture and good value for money. I gave 4 stars because the cable is to stiff. couldn't bend around easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 May 2011
Gary B (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews of this product before purchase as it seemed too cheap and I did not want an inferior cable to spoil my viewing. However the product works perfectly and provides a great picture. If you spend any more than this you are throwing your money away.

4.0 out of 5 stars PhoneWizz, 31 July 2010
1.8M HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold Connectors For Use With Freeview HD box, HD TV's / Xbox 360 / PS3 etc

For the price it does exactly what you need it to do, the cable length is just about right.
I just wanted a basic HDMI lead for my TV and Home Ent System etc. and these worked great, saving me quite a lot of money compaired to high street prices. Very pleased. Don't you just love shopping at Amazon? B-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 6 Nov 2009
James Arkle - See all my reviews
Perfect cheap little HDMI cable. Does the job just as well as the majority of much more expensive ones.