on 28 May 2010
I wish I had read the reviews before ordering this tat. It lasted EXACTLY 2 weeks before the cylinder began leaking oil and stopped working.I wouldn't give it one star but there is not a zero!
on 25 June 2010
I bought a Jemp Vent Green house window opener last year. It worked for a short while, then just as the other reviewers have said, it stopped. Gardeners Friend replaced it with a second opener which also stopped working. I tried once more at the end of last year, but this Spring it worked for 2 weeks then stopped again. Gardeners Friend have failed to answer my emails for a refund. This is a disastrous product from a company who clearly should have withdrawn it.
on 1 July 2009
Like the other purchaser the opener lasted less than 3 months and then lost all pressure at the cylinder .... If you want an opener with some reliability then avoid wasting your money on this shoddy product.
on 9 August 2009
Have had two of these installed in my Greenhouse for 20 years with no problem. They can be very difficult to fit depending on the design of your greenhouse. One has just failed, but after 20 years service who is complaining. I have ordered another.
on 16 April 2010
Had a slight problem in fitting the opener because it had been in a warm place before fitting. I would advise storing in a cool place in order to be able to follow the fitting instructions to the letter. Otherwise, it works well and does the job as it is supposed to.
Delivery was prompt and as stated.
on 9 April 2012
I ordered this replacement from the firm wcm1947 - It arrived promptly and all the bits and pieces were in the box to enabling me to replace the broken vent. I'll admit it helped that I had the old vent still in situ to do a like-for-like comparision. A simple bit of adjustment is required to get the vent to open at a temperature suitable for the plants in the greenhouse.
on 17 June 2009
once i got to grips with the fitting instructions i thought this would be a good investment. it's not quite as easy to fit as stated. the unit lasted less than 2 months before the main cylinder failed and leaked oil all over the plants. not one i would recommend.
on 30 April 2014
I purchased 2 of these just over a week ago, and 1 has broken already. I havent got time to send it back, so have done a repair with bits from the old one and the new one. The aluminium "hinges" are poorly designed/manufactured. would not recomend.
on 20 April 2014
I chose this item because it was similar to the one I had.
However it was not as sturdy as it broke whilst I was installing it.
I managed to use the barrel in my existing vent.
on 7 May 2010
I have had two of these fitted to a wooden Alton cedar greenhouse for over 5 years. They have worked perfectly and been very good value for money. I did not follow the recommendation to remove them during the winter, but they still seemed to work well in the summer. This spring they have eventually stopped opening and I will be buying the same again to replace them.