5.0 out of 5 stars Solving damp problems
Excellent product..good quality, re-sealable packaging for convenience. Does exactly what it's supposed to..
Published on 15 Mar 2010 by catherine

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I sent for this product because I have problems in the winter with condensation in wardrobes on an outside wall. After reading the reviews I thought I was purchasing a product which would serve the purpose of collecting the water produced from the condensation, but I have been very disappointed so far. I will give it a few more days to see if the reaction takes time to...
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by Frances M

5.0 out of 5 stars Solving damp problems, 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Kontrol Moisture Krystal Refill Pack - Blue, 2.5Kg (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars The product is great, 27 Jun 2012
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Our house is well ventilated yet for some reason we seem to get a degree of moisture accumulating within our wardrobes and I needed something to reduce the amount of moisture, which results in mildew forming particularly on my shoes. We use this product along with a couple of moisture traps which we obtained through a previous purchase. Simply fill up the top container with the crystals and over time, 4-8 weeks, the moisture will be withdrawn out of the system and condenses via the crystals into the resevoir below. Empty the resevoir, refill and you are ready to go again.

There are a couple of things that you should note:

1. Use a scoop to fill the moisture trap as it is not easy from the bag and always wear gloves and fill the trap on a piece of newspatper or similar; easier to clean up..
2. Be careful where you dispose of the liquid that accumulates and definitely not into a septic tank
3. The liquid is quite caustic and a small spill which fell onto our oalk floors removed the varnish.

WHilst the product itself is good, if you are using it as we do to remove moisture from fitted wardrobes, might I suggest that periodically, you remove the clothes and let them air outside on a sunny day and if, like me, the stuff appears to attack your shoes, do likewise with the shoes.

One last thing, whilst I have awarded the item 5 stars on the basis of what the product does, check the prices as Amazon re-sellers do not always provide the best deal and my local branch of Charles Dyas often sells it cheaper. Just a thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gems for windowsills, 20 Oct 2010
Katyjay (Wolverhampton, England) - See all my reviews
I use moisture traps on bedroom windowsills and buying individual refills are very expensive,the resealable bags of Kontrol Krystals are really good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent product!!!, 15 Jan 2012
Having had a dozen beloved items ruined by the terrible condensation in our new flat, I bought 2 of the Kontrol moisture traps & we've never looked back. Not a drop of moisture to be found. To go from water literally running down the walls to dry as a bone is not just wonderful...it's amazing x

5.0 out of 5 stars Moisture Trap Refill Chrystals, 17 Dec 2011
Have purchased these on several occasions from this company and received prompt and efficient service every time. Will use them again and recommend them to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars moisture control, 8 Jan 2011
A cracking product, absorbs moisture in the home created by everyday tasks such as showering, ironing etc and prevents mildew forming in cold areas. No need to go to the expense of a de-humidifier. Last a reasonable amount of time. No fuss, no mess>

5.0 out of 5 stars Big! Will last ages., 21 Feb 2012
I did that thing where I looked at a picture and didn't consider the weight of the product. Very pleased at how big it was and should last months and months of refilling just my single moisture trap.

Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moisture crystals, 14 Jun 2011
This product really does work,i have it in a damp wardrobe which i did'nt use because of the musty smell and clothes feeling damp. But since ive bought moisture crystals i can use the wardrobe again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moisture trap, 12 Feb 2010
J. M. Cornes (UK) - See all my reviews
Was looking for crystals to put into moisture traps for an old stone building with metal windows that produced lots of condensation in the cold winter months. Seems to be doing the job perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work very well at reducing humidity, 26 Mar 2013
Bill Hunt "muddyclay" (London UK) - See all my reviews
The fact that I have to empty my six moisture traps every fortnight shows what a good job they're doing at extracting the moisture from the air. Great product, and half this price on ebay.