Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 22 February 2010
I had one of these previously and loved the simplicity. I stupidly lent it to my daughter to take to college and that was the last I saw of it so when I spotted this one on Amazon I was really pleased. Very easy to use, just pour some boiling water into the bottom (about one third full) drop in the eggs, put the lid on and bung in the microwave for one minute. Let it stand for 30 seconds, drain the water and you have lovely healthy poached eggs.
11 comment|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2011
I put a bit of butter/spread round the sides, leave the lis off and microwave for 1 min 10 seconds. Not quite as good as the traditional poaching pan but much simpler, quicker and tastes great.
on 26 May 2015
Really easy to use, I had a bit of trouble at first as it says to put warm water in for a minute in the microwave and then put your eggs in for 45 seconds which overheated the eggs and they weren't runny inside, I now use cold water for a minute which heats the water up anyway and then only put my eggs in for 30 seconds I suppose it's how you like your eggs and the wattage of your microwave, mine is 800W.
on 21 May 2014
Does what it claims, and is easy to use. Cleaning could be slightly easier. Instructions for poaching two eggs at once, but I was able to do just one egg (put water into both 'cups' and cook for 10 seconds longer than suggested in my 800W microwave).
on 20 March 2016
The product is exactly as expected and I have used it a few times now getting good results but there is definitely a trick to it depending on your microwave's power etc. Here's what works for me, with a fairly powerful microwave on high setting (1000W?)

1. Spray each of the cups with spray oil
2. Fill about 1/3 with tap water and add a dash of vinegar to each cup
3. Microwave for 30 seconds to heat the water, without the lid on
4. Gently slide a medium egg into each cup
5. Microwave with the lid on for 1 minute
6. Let rest around 30 seconds
7. Drain on a piece of kitchen towel

Results will vary depending on your microwave and the size of the eggs. If you find they come out a bit overdone, reduce the cooking time by 5-10 seconds next time (I tried reducing cooking time to 45 seconds for runnier yolks but found the whites weren't set enough).
on 11 August 2013
This is great. If you follow the instructions, and put the egg poacher in the microwave for 60 seconds with one third of water, and then crack an egg inside the heated water, and reheat in microwave for a further 45 seconds, the eggs come out perfectly poached. Have not had any eggs explode on me yet! And much quicker and less faff then making poached eggs in a pan on the hob.
on 9 October 2014
This uses water to make a poached egg in microwave taste very much like one made on a hob. I dont notice the dreaded microwave taste at all. Delighted with it. I use it several times per week with free range eggs and a pinch of smoked sea salt- delicious and healthy!
on 3 May 2015
Worked well for a while but now having used them for a couple of months the eggs inside explode once they've been in the microwave for approx one minute. They've made a mess inside the machine a few times so am looking for an alternative.
on 12 January 2016
If you want this buy this
Tried six times adjusting according to what other reviews say but every time
review image
on 5 February 2014
it does not matter if i cook at recommended time or less or more the egg sticks to bottom of poacher sent an emails requesting help but got no reply so much for customer services and no i will not be recommending it to anybody