on 11 September 2013
As any gentleman approaching middle age will tell you, there comes a time in your life when your values change: you start to appreciate the importance of a well-packed car boot when going on holiday; you regularly find the bleating exclamations of Radio 1's Fearne Cotton painfully annoying, rather than just mildly amusing ("skills!"); and, of course, you become strangely concerned about the levels of radiator cleanliness in your home.

This 43cm Long Reach Radiator Cleaning Bristle Brush Duster, while relatively inexpensive, is a creation of infinite genius. I would go so far as to say it is the single most useful item I have ever bought on Amazon (apart from the replacement kidney I obtained for only £99 on Amazon Marketplace Kazakhstan).

It does exactly what you expect it to. Quickly. Properly. And well.

Other reviewers may have complained about the handle coming off - well, armed with that knowledge, I took care to grasp the shaft firmly and resolutely by the bristles, just below the handle, when the brush was inserted into the tight spots of my radiator. Hey presto, no loss of handle!

You may find it helpful to grip the brush top and bottom, above and below the radiator, and use it in a sawing motion to get into all the nooks and crannies. In doing so, I have managed to spruce up six radiators - which had 20 years' worth of accumulated dust, fluff, plaster debris and Lord knows what else behind - so that they now look brand new. You could eat your dinner off them, if you were that way inclined. It took me about an hour, but I removed so much fluff that I had to empty the Dyson three times. No wonder the cats were always sneezing.

My one regret is that this brush, if anything, has cleaned them TOO well. I now have no further use for this implement for another 20 years, by which time I plan to be living in the first human colony on Mars, where they probably won't have any radiators at all.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 31 December 2013
The backs of my radiators were coated with a very thick layer of dust and I was looking for a radiator brush that would be up to the job.

I was drawn to the Lakeland one, but in the end chose this much cheaper model.

I am so pleased I did.

It is the perfect size for my radiators
It fits down each channel
The handle has stayed on (see other reviews) and seems sturdily attached
It pushes most of the debris out the bottom (so it is a good idea to lay an old towel under the radiator first)
It is well made and full of bristles

This is that rare combination of a well designed, well manufactured simple product that does an excellent job at a very low price.

- - -

Update 2 days later.

The handle has come off but it should be easy to glue it back on, however it works just as well without the handle.

Update over

- - -

on 3 November 2012
Have broken off mid-radiator to rave about this! Absolutely delighted with it, does exactly what it's supposed to do. We have the dust of ages stuck in the zigzags of our radiators and vacuuming just hasn't shifted it. Bristles are soft but firm enough to remove all traces and the length is ideal for our size rads. Having read previous reviews I can imagine why the handle came off, it does get stuck sometimes but the brush itself is long enough for me to pull on that rather than the handle, so no problem. Have got the vacuum nozzle set up so as the brush comes out all the dust disappears straight into the hoover. Fantastic product, can't recommend highly enough.
on 15 November 2010
As a previous reviewer said the handle came off easily - by the time I'd finished the first radiator - but it still works well. It gets into very tight grooves down the back of old radiators & shifted about 20 years dust most efectively. I'd recommend wearing a dust mask when you use it. It dislodges dust very well, but it flies both both up and down & I felt like I was eating the stuff.
on 6 July 2011
excellant little gadget for under a fiver,gets right down sections of the radiator getting all the dust,can really recommend it
on 26 June 2010
Great little tool! Does exactly what it's meant to do easily and effectively, does make a little dust blow around as one pulls up the brush but not so much that it's annoying.
Would really like one like this but that's made of fleece.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2011
I am really pleased with this, it does the job so well reaches the parts others just don't get to.
on 22 August 2013
Bought this for my radiators that have grids along the top and couldn't fit the brush down. Brush too wide for this type of radiator. Probably meant for the older style without the grids.
on 6 January 2012
This brush actually does the job it was intended to do. It has brush all the way down the stem and not just a few bits of brush at the bottom of it. Consequently, it cleans the whole length length of the radiator without effort. It reaches down the narrowest part of the radiator without a problem and we the handle remained firmly on the stem. Maybe we are more gentle with it than others. it is easy to use and so far it has performed way out of proportion to its cost. Fully recommended.
on 13 November 2015
I don't understand why this product is so well reviewed. The bristles are really hard so I worry about scratching the wall behind and radiator paint. Also it doesn't remove that much dust and it's not that easy to slide down the innards of a radiator. The handle comes off very easily and yes i'm sure it can be very easily fixed with some superglue but why couldn't the company who makes them do that themselves???

After getting this and not being very impressed I got the Microfibre Radiator Cleaner which is 10 times better.

Link: or you can buy at LakeLand for same price.

It cleans much better and is much easier to manoeuvre down a radiator. It also looks a lot better as well and is soft and fluffy too. The Microfibre Radiator cleaner can also be used as a general duster as well as it doesn't scratch. I also find it has a bit more reach as well so can get the bottom of my radiators which this product cannot do.

I don't think it's a completely hard and fast rule but in this instance you definitely get what you pay for.