5.0 out of 5 stars Its small but powerful
Kim and Aggie should invest in one of these , how clean is MY house now? LOL

Published on 11 Nov 2010 by Amazon Buyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed opinion. Works fine but not amazing.
My wife loves this turbine but I am less convinced.

Published on 10 Jun 2012 by Dr. M

5.0 out of 5 stars Its small but powerful, 11 Nov 2010
Amazon Buyer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dyson Mini Turbine Head universal fit, except Dc01, Dc02, Dc03,Dc16,Dc24 (Kitchen & Home)
Kim and Aggie should invest in one of these , how clean is MY house now? LOL

This mini turbine operational head for Dyson uprights is a great piece of kit. I initially used it on the stair carpets and it raised the pile up better than the factory provided reach tools and I was shocked by the fluffy bits that must have been lying in the depths of the carpet fibres ! I was surprised I hadn't got one of them before now!

I have just done the car upholstery and must admit, the seats even look good it made the pile fluffy again.

Definitely gives a new lease of life to the floor coverings that you couldn't possibly ever reach with the normal Dyson turbo floor 'head' .

There is no assembly required, it slots on the end of hose .

To clear any bits, there is a 'screw' end, to unlock the rotating brush to clear it off hair and debris that accumulates which would impair its suction.

Handy and useful for hard to reach carpeting and upholstery.

It has turned the upright into an 'optional cylinder' with results being just as good a cyclonic suction as the main floor turbo head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 April 2010
D. Fleming - See all my reviews
Fantastic for all those little places your Dyson can't reach - especially stairs!

Dyson should consider including this in the package for buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good little vacuum accessory, 23 July 2010
If you have a pet, a poor carpet and dirt/hair/fluff that sticks to it then I have no hesitation in recommending this product.

Initially I was disappointed as it was so small/light. However I am now amazed at how powerful it is. That little turbine thingy on the side actually does do an amazing job and my stairs really are cleaner than before. I tend to use it on the end of the concertina hose (and not on the metal tube) as it's easier for me, with a bend in the staircase. But it works well with the metal tube as well.

Just a little concerned about the build quality. I have no complaints but the plastic looks as though it is of the type that could shatter from a bit of a height (if you dropped the hose with the attachment on to a hard surface for example). It would have been more reassuring if the plastic body was of the more 'rubbery' variety.

But as I say - that's not a complaint as I haven't tested it (yet).

I can't see that there would be anything to be gained from having a heavier/larger model. And in fact it would make it more cumbersome.

It's great on car seats and carpets too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed opinion. Works fine but not amazing., 10 Jun 2012
Dr. M (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife loves this turbine but I am less convinced.

It fits our Dyson without too much trouble (it actually comes with an adaptor, so I presume that different Dysons have different nozzle sizes) but it does require a very solid push to get it on properly. If you don't push it on hard enough a lot of air bypasses the turbine and enters the vacuum through a hole on the side of the vacuum tube, just near the tip. A hard push ensures the hole is covered by the turbine sleeve and all air is directed through the turbine, which is rotated by the airflow (no need for additional electrical cables). I have to say, the turbine spins the brushes at an incredible speed and with a decent amount of force! Also quite noisy.

Initially I was very impressed and my wife felt it did a great job at getting the dog hair off the carpet on our stairs. However, after a bit of testing, I found it to be less effective than I hoped. To be clear, it definitely does a better job at cleaning the couches and stairs than a simple vacuum with the usual tube and brush but it is not a substitute for hard work.

I decided to test if vigorous vacuuming with the standard flat head attachment did a better job at removing dog hair on the stairs than the turbine and, without question, a vigorous rub with the standard flat tool is much more effective than the turbine. In turn, the turbine is more effective than a standard vacuum using the tube and brush head.

In conclusion, this is no miracle but it works a lot better than a quick vacuum with the standard attachments. Also quite good for car seats and a mattress. However, if you already give the furniture a very vigorous and enthusiastic vacuum, then the turbine will disappoint.

I have returned to vigorous vacuuming rather than using the turbine although I do still use it from time to time for the couch backs.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 19 Nov 2010
L. Yip (Singapore) - See all my reviews
I was a bit concerned reading some reviews of the older design mini turbine head.
They said that the product doesn't work on soft objects like cushions and pillows.
No problem here. The brushes keep on turning.
It can also be disassembled to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Mini Turbine Head, 18 Aug 2010
Excellent for getting the cat hairs off of the carpet just keep on the end of the upright pipe and use when needed, quite powerful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson mini turbine head review, 26 Aug 2010
item arrived in a couple of days ,ideal for stairs and small inaccessable areas not as good as dyson D25 Ball itself, but i did not expect it to, but as a cheap attachment for stairs etc its ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Complicated tools!, 26 Nov 2012
The vacuum is excellent but for a person like me who has difficulties the tools are very hard to remove/ put on. Surely a good design should take this into account during the designing? I have to get a friend in to change the various tools for me - what a nuisance this is.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini but good!, 13 Feb 2012
bought this for my dyson city. its perfect for getting rid of cat hair in difficult to reach aereas.i use it to clean the huge cat tree we have. no problems at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 22 Nov 2010
Kalliopi G. Makraki (Kalamata, Greece) - See all my reviews
this one came as part of the set with the DC25 animal dyson. And I love it! I think even more than the dyson itself.
I mainly use it on matresses and I'm stunned by it's performance. Also on sofas and armchairs. I have yet to use it in the car but I'm sure I will be amazed by the results.