4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
I know sequels are a hard act to follow,but in this case I thought they did very well.
I dreaded it when i knew I ws taking my 4yr old daughter to see it.
But I laughed through most of it and found it very entertaining.
Will definately buy when out on DVD.
Published on 30 Jun 2003 by Mrs Bianca Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars mildly entertaining (2.5/5)
Published on 12 April 2010 by falcon

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 30 Jun 2003
Mrs Bianca Silver (Walton on Thames, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jungle Book 2 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I dreaded it when i knew I ws taking my 4yr old daughter to see it.
But I laughed through most of it and found it very entertaining.
Will definately buy when out on DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not memorable, 12 July 2008
Robert Morris (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Jungle Book 2 (Special Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
Note: The review that follows is of the Special Edition of a film first released in 2003.

Comparisons with the earlier version released 41 years ago (featuring the voices of Phil Harris, Sebastian Cabot, Louis Prima, George Sanders, and Sterling Holloway among others) are inevitable and perhaps unfair. As I began to watch this sequel, I tried very hard to experience it and then judge it on its own merits. All issues considered, my rating of it is explained as follows: I think it offers pleasant but unexceptional entertainment (Three Stars) and several bonus features that add one Star to my rating.

My guess is that, in general, adults enjoy the special features (other than interactive games such as "Mowgli's Jungle Ruins Maze") more than children do. In the sequel, the plot remains faithful to the beloved Rudyard Kipling novel, this time featuring the voices of John Goodman, Haley Joel Osment, Mae Whitman, and Jim Cummings. Phil Collins provided the voice of Lucky. I watched this film with several of my younger grandchildren, none of whom had seen the 1967 version. Unlike their parents and grandparents, they and other children ages 4-14 seem to think nothing of watching a film they like several times either in a theatre or a DVD of it, whether or not it is a sequel.

Although a sequel offering solid entertainment to "children of all ages," I doubt if it will not have the same enduring appeal from one generation to the next as do other feature length animated films produced by Disney (e.g. Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Pinocchio, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) and Pixar (e.g. Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and WALL-E) nor by DreamWorks (e.g. Antz and Shrek). I agree with my grandchildren: it was fun to watch but generates no interest in seeing it again soon. It must join a long line ahead of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars mildly entertaining (2.5/5), 12 April 2010
This review is from: The Jungle Book 2 (Special Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
this sequel pales in comparison to the classic and much loved original.the story(such as it is)is pretty lame,and doesn't really have a point,and most of the songs are lacklustre.still,the movie was mildly amusing and had a few funny moments.since it was released about thirty six years after the original,some of the original characters from the the first movie did not have the same voice talents,which is a shame.anyway,in my opinion,they should have just stuck with the original classic,instead of releasing a lacklustre sequel.though,to be fair,this sequel is not as bad as many of the direct to video sequels that Disney has and will continue to churn out.so i guess that's something.then again,i don't feel this one should not have been released theatrically either.for me,The Jungle Book 2 is a 2.5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, 18 Feb 2004
By A Customer
I have read reviews that criticise this movie beyond what I believe is the purpose of a movie - entertainment...This movie has done just that in my family. Particularly my 3 year old daughter...she loves it, she watches it everyday and sings the songs, calls out 'mowgli' all the time. Her older sister watches it with her. Its a simple story of the importance of friendship in our lives. I think that if you keep in perspective that its entertaining children, you'll find this one a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jungle Book 2 - A Worthy Follow Up, 21 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Jungle Book 2 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I have a two year old and a four year old and was a bit sceptical about buying a follow-up to the first Jungle Book, I need not have feared as they both love this film and since I have purchased it they have wanted to watch it over and above their other films. I think it is to do with the catchy songs and the introduction of 2 extra characters (Mowgli's friends) and I would go so far as to say that they have watched this more times than the original Jungle Book. If you have any doubts rent it first but I bet you'll be buying it before too long.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 6 Oct 2009
J. Doney (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jungle Book 2 (Special Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
Not quite the same as Jungle Book 1, but still very enjoyable all the same and my 2 year old loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent dvd, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Jungle Book 2 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Very p, pleased with dvd, came quickly, the case and dvd was in excellent condition ,my son has watched already and played fine, very pleased with product.

4.0 out of 5 stars jungle book 2, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Jungle Book 2 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Enjoyable film, children watch the dvd as much as the first, they love them both. Bit unsure as previous reviews a bit ropey. It didn't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars jungle book 2 dvd, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Jungle Book 2 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Didn't even know there was a Jungle Book 2 until I saw it on here! Wanted as a present for a special birthday of a friend who is updating her video collection into DVDs.

The Jungle Book 2 (Special Edition) [DVD]
The Jungle Book 2 (Special Edition) [DVD] by Steven Trenbirth (DVD - 2008)