4.0 out of 5 stars mollym
Really good cd. Only bought after hearing one of the songs on X Factor and the whole cd is excellent
Published on 28 Oct 2011 by molly

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
repetitive but was for a presant
Published 3 months ago by Jayne Woolley

4.0 out of 5 stars mollym, 28 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A Name To Conjure With, 10 May 2008
This review is from: That's Not My Name (Audio CD)
Great bouncy tune,exciting dancey beat and Katie White on vocals-what more could you ask for?The lead singer of this duo is carving herself a name on the scene,with her own stage persona,her own style and a great presence on stage.I love this track,its repeatedly listenable,and with an instore performance coming up in London next week,its the icing on the pop cake for me. Buy this single and make it No.1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infectious, cool and utterly irresistible - straight to number 1!, 25 May 2008
L. Green "Feltano" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Barcode: 0886972937922

Every so often there's a song that just comes out of nowhere and just explodes in the public consciousness - becoming instantly popular and soaring to chart success. That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings is one of those records. Previous single Great DJ gave us a brilliant taster to their sound and became a big radio hit and That's Not My Name builds on that success, employing an irresitably catchy formula that results in an ingenuitive song that totally deserves the success it has achieved.

With touches of Girls Aloud (No Good Advice) and early Madonna (Material Girl) as well as an indie feistiness, above all the Ting Tings have come up with an all-round fabulous pop song that is full of attitude. The Soul Seekerz remix on here is equally good, transforming the song into an all-out commerical floor-filler. Judging from the way the song shot striaght to the top of the UK charts, it's going to be sticking around for a long time so its well worth getting a copy of the single - definitely recommened!

(Although the CD sleeve claims its a 3.17 edit of That's Not My Name that's on here, it's actually the full-length 5 minute album version)

Track Listing:

1. That's Not My Name
2. That's Not My Name (Soul Seekerz Radio Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: That's Not My Name (Audio CD)
brill service and a great cd many thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 Sep 2014
repetitive but was for a presant

2.0 out of 5 stars Ting Tings Bin-it, 13 Jun 2008
J. M. Wright "blackbook668" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: That's Not My Name (Audio CD)
This is one of the most annoying songs I have heard this year. It sounds crude, brash and pretentious. The drumbeats and singing are nauseating to listen to and hurt the ears and the lyrics are a spectacular nonsense.
The only reason I am not giving it one star is it is funny in a bad way.

That's Not My Name
That's Not My Name by The Ting Tings (Audio CD - 2008)