5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful Journey
This is not your run of the mill chill out compilation, its a beautiful journey. I agree with p.gibbons, not sure what whoopsy daisy is talking about. If your older and wiser and have grown up with the "house" revolution , then this is for you. Plus the artwork finishes of the fresh new direction for Fierce Angel. Perfect.
Published on 25 July 2008 by Derby Gal

3.0 out of 5 stars Come on Mark... you're better than this!
I've been a Mark Doyle fan for quite a while, ever since first hearing his superior HK compilations. In my opinion he does seem particularly gifted at compiling great chillout albums...

Published on 13 Aug 2008 by Mysticman

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful Journey, 25 July 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars classic journey, 8 July 2008
P. Gibbons "Leeds" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels Fall Ii (Audio CD)
Cant really see where whoopsy daisy is coming from on this one?
I've absolutely no complaints about Angels Falls II,
This is a classic discerning journey of a compilation that takes you from lush acoustic vocal to electronica,
finishing off with some timeless classics for good measure!
Add the fresh new design replacing those out of date cartoons
and this becomes up there with the best for those relaxing mornings after a hectic night at your favorite club

3.0 out of 5 stars Come on Mark... you're better than this!, 13 Aug 2008
Mysticman "Magus" (Nr Brighton, E. Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels Fall Ii (Audio CD)

However, I must say I'm a little disappointed with this latest offering. I wanted to like it from the start, but the start is where it started to go WRONG! I found the opening track by Sarah Whatmore slightly weak & insipid, 'Somewhere I Belong'... (clearly not track 1, CD1). Whereas Laura Fowles 'Why' is an infinately better song. CD1 has an obvious acoustic feel and although there are some undeniably great songs (alongside the twee sounding 'This Time' by The Feeling), overall I felt there was something lacking... Where's that certain Mr Doyle Magic?

CD2... NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! This is what I've come to expect from MD, songs like 'Midnight Sun' by Speck Mountain (sounding reminiscent of Mazzy Star), 'Get You' by Claire Nicolson and the superb 'Hearts A Mess' by Gotye. Showcasing the newest & the best is what it's all about, as well as excellent songs by more established artists such as 'Beauty *2' by Ladytron and 'The White Room' by Winona. The quality of content on CD2 only highlights even more what's lacking on CD1.

CD3... Well, there are indeed some great tunes on this CD also, BUT... yes you knew it was coming, didn't you? These are tried and tested chillout comp favourites, YAWN!! To be fair to MD, he does say in his sleeve notes that CD3 is a collection of personal favourites. However, I must echo another reviewer by adding that I already have most of these tracks, many of them on MD HK compilations! Although, MD has every right to include them on his very own 'Fierce Angel' label. I do feel that it's a waste of a CD, although if it introduces some old music to new ears that's a good thing. The only song that definately has no place on this (or any other) CD is Bonnie Bailey's murdered cover of Kate Bush's song 'This Woman's Work'... NO, NO, NO!! While the cover of Judie Tzuke's song 'Stay With Me Till Dawn' by Fac 15 adds to the original.

As for the repackaging... It seems somewhat belated to embark on it now rather than at the launch of the 'Fierce Angel' label. I quite like those cartoon lovelies that stare out from so many HK compilations and 'Angel Falls 1' is no exception. Although, I do understand the need to create a distinct brand identity. My only criticism is the model Domenique, She looks like she needs a good meal! SHE'S ALL CHIN & BONES!! Whatever happened to real women, curvy & feminine? There are too many stick thin, masculine looking fashion models represented in the media these days... You're selling a CD compilation not a copy of 'Harpers & Queens'!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapponting, 24 Jun 2008
This review is from: Angels Fall Ii (Audio CD)
First impressions I have found this album very lack-lustre. First 2 cd's are heading in a new direction with the style, which on my first listen hasn't grabbed me, yet!

However the 3rd cd is back up to the quality I expect from Fierce. Some truly amazing pieces on there with the likes of Zero 7, Morcheeba and my personal all-time favourite chill anthem Nightmares on Wax's Les Nuits.

But that's why I'm disappointed....I have all these classic tunes and wish I could have been blown away with the other 2 cd's! Not as good as last years for showing me something new!

Angels Fall Ii
Angels Fall Ii by Angels Fall Ii (Audio CD - 2009)