5.0 out of 5 stars Best packaway waterproofs
Published on 8 Sep 2010 by Colin Bannon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price
I do wear these everytime I cycle in wet weather, so that's my endorsement!

Pros:

- comes with a drawstring bag to keep them in, and - surprisingly - I can get them easily back in the bag!

Cons:

- donesn't fit over my work shoes, so I have to take my shoes off first!

- they are quite thin, so it doesn't feel too...
Published on 25 Dec 2011 by P. Schofield

5.0 out of 5 stars Best packaway waterproofs, 8 Sep 2010
Colin Bannon - See all my reviews
I've used these for 5 years or more now (more than one pair though as I eventually tear them on barbed wire etc...) I've tried other brands but these seem to be the best. All the other brands are waterproof but don't seem to breath and your legs still get wet but from sweat and condensation. These regatta ones on the other hand do not have this problem. Fantastic and affordable product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, easy to carry, 8 Jan 2010
F. Laws - See all my reviews
I bought these for my husband to wear when watching our son play rugby, they are just the job and the sizing is very accurate. The foldaway bag means they are easy to carry around. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential and Great Value., 19 Oct 2011
Paul (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very lightweight fabric with a slight stretch. The stiched seams are taped to waterproof them. Excellent value for money. The cut of the pattern is generous, to allow freedom of movement, without being overly 'baggy'. I weigh a little over 14 stones and am 6 feet tall and the Large size is a very good fit.

When laid flat the dimensions for the Large size are as follows:

Waist: 14 1/2 inches
Waist (fully expanded): 22 1/2 inches
Inside leg seam: 30 inches
Outside leg seam (including waist band): 43 inches
Ankle hem: 9 inches

5.0 out of 5 stars Regatta: the brand of quality and thrift, 25 Mar 2010
I'd be lying if I claimed that all my walking regalia was made by Regatta. However, despite being a well established name in outdoor gear, Regatta is often snobbishly overlooked for more expensive designer brands, something I have been guilty of before now. These over-trousers are both inexpensive and stylish, and they really stand up well to extreme wet weather as I have discovered in the lake district. The pack-away bag is meshed so that the trousers can breathe and thus dry well in storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Properly weatherproof overtrouser that packs away into a pocket, 26 Nov 2012
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
These are made of 100% polyester fabric on a very fine and tight weave and have properly taped and bonded seams. They tend not to stay wet, and can be almost dry after a quick shake. Being woven they allow breathing, being proofed with a standard coating they prevent water penetration completely. If necessary I wash it and reproof with Nikwax.

As well as for casual walking in poor weather I also use them when doing indoor skiing at the Snow Dome. These replaced and have already far out-lasted a previous pair from Mac-in-a-sac that only lasted a few sessions before the Poma lift damaged the taped seams in the seat giving me a wet posterior.

I bought the 'large' size, which measures 45" waist to cuff and 30.5" inside leg. Each cuff is 19" around the ankle, a popper can reduce it to 17". The waist stretches from 28" to 45".

So far, so good. This over-trouser is excellent value for something that can be packed away in its mesh pouch in a jacket pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy, 23 Oct 2010
Has a attachement that can go on your belt. Use when on bike and has clips which did not realise so you dont tear around the bottom and drys very quick

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - lightweight, portable, and effective, 7 Dec 2010
What the picture doesn't show is what a small and lightweight package these overtrousers pack away into - I was amazed when I opened the shipping bag! They are supplied in a mesh bag with a drawstring, which is roughly the size of a coke can (but a fraction of the weight, of course). What's more, unlike some products, you can easily fold them up to get them back into the carrying bag. The size is such that you can always have them with you in your pack while out walking.

The trousers themselves are very lightweight, with an elasticated waist, and easily pull on over your existing trousers. The material is pretty thin, so don't try to pull them on over walking boots, or you'd run the risk of tearing them. I notice Amazon don't show waist sizes: if it's any help to anyone, the "X-Large" size, which I bought, is for a 38"-40" waist (which, fortunately, is just right for me).

The material itself is completely waterproof but, as noted by a previous reviewer, there are slits in the sides to allow you to reach the pockets of your normal trousers, which could be a possible entry point for water. That hasn't been a problem for me.

All in all, an excellent product which I'd thoroughly recommend to any walker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, strong and easy, 24 Jan 2012
The pants are well build, they are very light which first made me worry about the quality, but my worries were turned to shame, used them for a few months now and they have survived without any damage on my bike that normally eat my legs (poor chain protection), they keep me dry, and the access to my pockets through them are great! never get any water in, and never had trouble getting my phone in my pocket. tested them in the worst weather. they are build to last!

4.0 out of 5 stars They work., 19 Aug 2010
I needed a pair of waterproof trousers to keep myself dry when I was travelling and knew that I might need to quickly put on a pair to keep the worst of the weather at bay. I purchased these and was happy with the result. I only had to use them a few times but on those occasions they worked well. I liked the fact they came in a little bag which made them easy to store and carry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, 25 Dec 2011
P. Schofield (London) - See all my reviews
I do wear these everytime I cycle in wet weather, so that's my endorsement!

Pros:

Cons:

- donesn't fit over my work shoes, so I have to take my shoes off first!

- they are quite thin, so it doesn't feel too comfortable.