on 18 May 2010
Fibre optical cables can snap easily .. its bendy glass at the end of the day ... but not that bendy ... I was very surprised when i received this cable as all the ones i had bought before were 1 or 2 mm thick ... this is 3 or 4mm thick ... properly protected with thick rubber casing and quality sturdy connectors at each end ... no more connectors that drop out on their own or do not 'click' in place... and if you are needing this for a quality hifi setup you should look no further ... I work in IT and as fibre optic cables are used to connect massive banks of hard drives together for all that internet storage you use up .. i know the hundreds and thousands of pounds companies pay for cable of this (and lower) quality

Further more respect should be paid to this supplier who not only is providing these major length cables to you for next to nothing ... the p&p is free too

Sony wanted to charge my friend £190 for a 10m HDMI cable ... its at times like this that u cannot underestimate the benefits of amazon marketplace

No i dont work for them ... but every now and then you see a company providing a quality product at a incredibly low price and you just feel the need to say a big 'thank you' ... and to let everyone else know so that they can benefit too

I also have the 5m version and it is exactly the same ... and about to order another 10m one

on 12 June 2010
Purchased this cable a couple of days ago and arrived pretty much the next day, but noticing that amazon recond it would be here a couple of days after that but hey. The cable itself is very thick and suited the job intend quite nicely and to my satisfaction. Dont buy these types of cables from Curries, dixons and PC world the will rip you off they offered me the same cable for about £50 which is totally out of the question.

The only query i have with this item is that with my Yamaha Amplifier (RX-V461DAB) the connection fits just fine its when you move the cable and the connection end it is a little on the loose side but this not being a problem it might be something that you might want to keep in mind. On the other hand this might just be a problem with my cable im not quite sure as other people have not reported this problem whilst carrying out there reviews on Amazon.

To conclude this review i am very happy with the cable and will be looking on Amzon to buy cables that i need from now on (Dont buy from retailers such as PC world or Curries they will rip you off) Thanks Amazon and Audiovisual Online
on 13 August 2010
I recently bought a new TV only to discover it had no analogue audio out sockets. I was really relying on connecting it to my stereo as most TVs these days have terrible built in speakers. After a little investigation I discovered both my TV and stereo share digital optical sockets and now with this cable I couldn't be happier! The sound is a definite improvement over my last set up. The cable came the next day so credit to the seller, the quality of the cable is great and could hardly be more different to the other optical cables in our home (the ones used by NTL/Virgin). It is very flexible and has a smooth rubbery feel unlike the thick, stiff cables I'm use to. 10m for this price sounds like a bargain to me.
on 19 February 2010
I use these two cables connecting my new Panasonic Plasma TV and Pioneer DVD player to my amplifer. The sound is brillant; crystal clear and powerful base with subwoofer.

When I bought my new TV I did not know it has an audio digital output and I was very pleased that it has it and the sound is much much better than the sound from the built in speakers although its quality is good to some viewers.

I am happy to recommend this cable to anyone who is interest to enhence sound quality at home.
on 23 July 2010
Works really well, good quality materials for the price, was dubious from past experience but totally OK.
on 3 May 2012
My original purchase was the 5 metre Fisual Optical Toslink Cable, but that proved to be a little bit short in length for the original application. No worries, this is now being used on my bedroom HiFi to connect the television Freeview Digi box to my DAC and then onwards to my amp and speakers. And VERY nice that sounds too!
The Fisual 10 metre lead has been purchased to connect my Apple TV module to my HiFi, by passing the original set up of HDMI lead to TV, 2 X 7 metre phono leads to the 1994 Yamaha Dolby Surround Processor, through the volume control to two more phono leads to the HiFi Preamp. SO... the resulting sound, though not bad was NO way as good as the CD Transport to DAC set up. I was advised by a friend to try the Optical Cable route to enable me to get the best out of the iTunes Music library stored on my Mac.
WELL....I was at first a little bit unsure about what 10 metres of optical cable would sound like connected between the Apple TV module and my HiFi DAC.
BUT.. Lo and Behold, the sound emanating from my speakers has put an ear to ear smile on my face! What a result! The noticeable difference between my HiFi CD Transport and the Apple TV Module is virtually indistinguishable.
And of course, it is 10 times better than having to go through the Dolby Processor Et All.
What IS.. amazing is the LOW price charged, the quality of build, sturdy gold plated plugs which click in assuredly, nice thick lead and most of all, in the words of the old Decca Record Lable, Full Frequency Stereo Sound!
I, like many other HiFi enthusiasts, have in the past paid a Kings Ransom for extraordinarily price HiFi interconnect leads, in the continual search for Audio Nirvana, but this lead really shows what an "Emperors New Clothes" world some of us lived in!
The lead is delivered, coiled in a simple grey plastic bag, NO huge fancy plastic packaging like some "named" products.
I have said enough here, just try one for yourself and be amazed.
on 8 January 2012
I've had this a while now and used it to connect my AV amp which has to live in one corner of the room, to the DVD player which lives in the other corner.

Using the cable the amp correctly detects 5.1 digital audio from the DVD player and it all sounds fine.

This is a beefy cable and connector(s). I've had to carve a hole in the back of the hi-fi cabinet (home to the AV amp) as the connector added 3 or 4 centimetres to the overall depth of the amp and on top of that you can't bend the cable sharply (maybe another 10 cm. radius).

The connector makes a solid mechanical connection with the sockets in the amp and DVD player so no risk of dropping out. It also comes with small plastic protectors which push on with a satisfying click when you need to avoid risk of damage to the exposed optical terminations when rearranging the setup.

I'm pleased with this purchase but then, I expected to be, as a properly made fibre-optic cable should just work - and this one does. What more would you want?
on 29 June 2012
This cable is good value and well made. It does however have metal barreling at the connector which is too big for some devices and it's weight causes a mechanical strain on the devices optical connector.
I think it's to increase the perception of the devices quality but the weight is not good.
on 22 September 2014
After opening both packaged cables & checking that both optic & the sky cable work, I began moving furniture around too get at the wall I planned to cable tie them to. After most of my day working at it I finish with a job well done & both cables working fine, it's not until the next day the optic cable stopped working & seeing as the cable had been left untouched I can't get my head around why it's suddenly broke.

I had a play around with the cables input/output to see if I could fix this, but the closest I got to any sound was distortion / followed by a lot of crackling noises.

But the 10m Black Twin Satellite Shotgun Cable Extension Kit With Premium Grade... for sky continues to work fine which I purchased from
on 22 December 2013
My new LED TV is quite a way from my surround sound system and I wanted to link its digital output to the amp. The cable build quality and sound appear good with the little use it's had so far. Price excellent, and quick delivery.

See one answered question