5.0 out of 5 stars Real quality
Published on 18 May 2010 by Chris Read

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy metal
This cable is good value and well made. It does however have metal barreling at the connector which is too big for some devices and it's weight causes a mechanical strain on the devices optical connector.
I think it's to increase the perception of the devices quality but the weight is not good.
Published on 29 Jun 2012 by Dogson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Real quality, 18 May 2010
Chris Read "Chris Read" (Northampton,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
Fibre optical cables can snap easily .. its bendy glass at the end of the day ... but not that bendy ... I was very surprised when i received this cable as all the ones i had bought before were 1 or 2 mm thick ... this is 3 or 4mm thick ... properly protected with thick rubber casing and quality sturdy connectors at each end ... no more connectors that drop out on their own or do not 'click' in place... and if you are needing this for a quality hifi setup you should look no further ... I work in IT and as fibre optic cables are used to connect massive banks of hard drives together for all that internet storage you use up .. i know the hundreds and thousands of pounds companies pay for cable of this (and lower) quality

Further more respect should be paid to this supplier who not only is providing these major length cables to you for next to nothing ... the p&p is free too

Sony wanted to charge my friend 190 for a 10m HDMI cable ... its at times like this that u cannot underestimate the benefits of amazon marketplace

No i dont work for them ... but every now and then you see a company providing a quality product at a incredibly low price and you just feel the need to say a big 'thank you' ... and to let everyone else know so that they can benefit too

I also have the 5m version and it is exactly the same ... and about to order another 10m one

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
I recently bought a new TV only to discover it had no analogue audio out sockets. I was really relying on connecting it to my stereo as most TVs these days have terrible built in speakers. After a little investigation I discovered both my TV and stereo share digital optical sockets and now with this cable I couldn't be happier! The sound is a definite improvement over my last set up. The cable came the next day so credit to the seller, the quality of the cable is great and could hardly be more different to the other optical cables in our home (the ones used by NTL/Virgin). It is very flexible and has a smooth rubbery feel unlike the thick, stiff cables I'm use to. 10m for this price sounds like a bargain to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
Works really well, good quality materials for the price, was dubious from past experience but totally OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What i Needed, 12 Jun 2010
Mr. J. E. Berry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
Purchased this cable a couple of days ago and arrived pretty much the next day, but noticing that amazon recond it would be here a couple of days after that but hey. The cable itself is very thick and suited the job intend quite nicely and to my satisfaction. Dont buy these types of cables from Curries, dixons and PC world the will rip you off they offered me the same cable for about 50 which is totally out of the question.

The only query i have with this item is that with my Yamaha Amplifier (RX-V461DAB) the connection fits just fine its when you move the cable and the connection end it is a little on the loose side but this not being a problem it might be something that you might want to keep in mind. On the other hand this might just be a problem with my cable im not quite sure as other people have not reported this problem whilst carrying out there reviews on Amazon.

To conclude this review i am very happy with the cable and will be looking on Amzon to buy cables that i need from now on (Dont buy from retailers such as PC world or Curries they will rip you off) Thanks Amazon and Audiovisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality audio digital optical cable, 19 Feb 2010
K. H. Lai (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
I use these two cables connecting my new Panasonic Plasma TV and Pioneer DVD player to my amplifer. The sound is brillant; crystal clear and powerful base with subwoofer.

When I bought my new TV I did not know it has an audio digital output and I was very pleased that it has it and the sound is much much better than the sound from the built in speakers although its quality is good to some viewers.

I am happy to recommend this cable to anyone who is interest to enhence sound quality at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product at very good price, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
Delighted with this purchase - very good quality cable and tremendous value at the price paid. Would have no hesitation in recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linked my TV to my amp, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
My new LED TV is quite a way from my surround sound system and I wanted to link its digital output to the amp. The cable build quality and sound appear good with the little use it's had so far. Price excellent, and quick delivery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy metal, 29 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Mr. Roger C. White (Bratton Wilts U/K) - See all my reviews
Great does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars as advertised, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 10m Special (Electronics)
as advertised does what is expected and designed for, adequate quality seems to be made oh and time will tell.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›