5.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweight quality at a lightweight price
I don't know about you, but when I am looking to buy something I tend to pick it up, feel it to have a measure of how solid, weighty and well put together it is, this gives me some idea, imagined or not, as to the quality of the thing.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Published on 17 Feb 2009 by B. J. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable pulls itself free from socket...
These SCART plugs are too heavy and pull themselves out of the socket. Build quality is however a strong point and they appear tough and durable. Fortunately I've now moved onto HDMI.
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweight quality at a lightweight price, 17 Feb 2009
B. J. Davies "EntilZha" (The Rhondda, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1.5 Metre Gold Flat Ribbon Metal Plug OFC Scart Cable / Lead [Electronics] (Electronics)

FIRST IMPRESSION:
When these cables were delivered the packed was weighty, admittedly I had 2x1.5m ones but still, they were definitely heavier than my old ribbon gold plated SCART cables.

After removing them I was immediately impressed with them, The ends are really well put together, and will obviously never split apart as some cheaper connectors do, the cable itself, at least the ones I received, was not a ribbon of rubber covered strands as in the picture, but a solid and flat sheet of rubber - and they looked cool!

FITTING:
My Plasma TV has Scart input/outputs that sit vertically onto the back of the TV, as opposed to some models on which the scart sockets face down so I did wonder about the strain these cables might cause on them. However, when they were connected there was no slippage, this was due mainly to the snugness of the fit that these connectors have to the equipment to which they attach. Also the flexibility of the rubber strip protecting the wires helped as some of the cable rests on the shelf at the rear of the connected DVD/SKY etc. There is no need to worry about this at all in my experience.

QUALITY:
I installed them duly, from my DVD Player to my Panny 42" Plasma (so I can watch Stereo DVD's without turning on my AV Amp, and from my SkyHD+ box to my Panny HDD/DVD Recorder. Picture quality is superb in both directions, up to the TV or down to the Recorder and the sound is also crisp and as clear as can be - I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

They arrived in just two days...amazing service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scart Cable, 16 Oct 2010
Feel the weight on this cable , the scart connection connects solid no messing about.
BUY this cable..quality.
The stuff in maplin is rubbish and more expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable pulls itself free from socket..., 1 Sep 2010