4.0 out of 5 stars For the price they're a good set of speakers
I suppose an electronics review can be split into 3 main categories: Asthetics, quality and performance.

Published on 17 Nov. 2008 by L. Ground

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent
It has to be noted that these speakers are incredibly quiet, as someone else mentioned. The bass is decent for the price you pay, but at times it over powers the actual dialogue if watching a movie.

If using with your computer I would suggest using SRS Labs, an audio enhancer. This amplified the quiet sound and made the actual music more clear.

A...
Published on 9 Sept. 2009 by B. Joaly

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price they're a good set of speakers, 17 Nov. 2008
L. Ground (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo Speaker System (Personal Computers)

Asthetics of the Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo speakers are good, the chrome-like satellite cones give the impression of an expensive set of speakers, the subwoofer is a neat and tidy matt black with a single port. the only downside is the layout of the wiring which can become tangled and seems a touch over done. 4/5

Quailty seems to be good so far, after a month there has been no reported problems with the satellites or subwoofer and wire connections are 100%. 4.5/5

The performance of these speakers is really very good for the price paid. The power output is not massive but the clarity and crispness of sound more than makes up for this. THe only slight drawback is the lack of mid-range however this is barely noticable and for the price does not warrent you not to buy them. 4/5

Overall for £18 these speakers are a true bargain. If, however, you looking for raw power than I would look elsewhere but if sound quality at a bargain price is the name of your game then these are for you. overall 4/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Good desktop speakers, good value., 29 Nov. 2008
I used to have a set of 5.1 (but cheap) speakers. After several years of what I thought was reasonable sound, I decided that I wasn't properly using the surround abilities (unable to position all satelites well) and could downgrade to something more convienient.

For starters Logitech is a better brand than what I was using, and though some games lose a bit of atmospherics from less effective surround abilities the improved quality of the output from these more than compensates me. Music/movie sounds also are much improved.

Handy remote (wired) control. I no longer need to bend under the desk to kill the speakers' power for when I shut everything down overnight.

Good sub for the bass sounds. These are good 2.1 speakers. Unless you are chronically short on space, these are definitely preferable over 2.0 or other basic stereo speakers.

Also, I think very good value for under £20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some decent speakers!, 4 Jan. 2012
Was a little sceptical about the speakers, as there were a few negative reviews of these particular ones. Decided to give it a go anyway, and was pretty impressed; the speakers have a good volume level which, when pumped up full really does carry around the house!

Quality of sound is also great, although on some of the lower quality tracks I have there is a faint crackling which is amplified by the speakers. However, that's to do with the sound file quality itself and not the speakers and if you're listening to CDs and iTunes files, you'll be fine.
Bass quality is phenomenal and really does bring music to life. Some people have mentioned the control for the bass being on the back of the subwoofer, but I don't actually find I need to adjust it at all so personally I don't find it's a major issue.

Overall, a great improvement over a laptop's not-so-good sound levels. Looks good too! Really worth the money; would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not very loud., 20 Jan. 2009
A. LaCour (London) - See all my reviews
I needed an inexpensive set of speakers to go with a video editing system I've just built, primarily to listen to the voice overs and background music.

I didn't need the best fidelity but by the same token I didn't want "hissy, crackling" junk either. I've had Logitech speakers in the past and they have always proved good quality, in fact I have a different pair that is still going 9 years on!

What attracted me to these was the satellite remote, during editing and when creating voice overs etc. I have to switch the sound off (to avoid feedback) and raise and lower the volume constantly, having that at my finger tips is great, reaching over the desk isn't a problem if you only have to do it a couple of times a day but try it dozens of times an hour, anyway you get the idea, it's handy for the way I use the speakers.

There is another similar Logitech 2.1 set on Amazon which is a few quid cheaper, but I couldn't tell whether there was an on/off switch on the remote from the description and people's feedback so I went with this one, where a reviewer specifically mentioned it (thanks).

There is also a headphone jack on the remote which is great(ish), it's great because I often work with headphones but "ish" because it's constructed as a straight feed from the computer so the volume wheel is bypassed. To be honest this could be a common design feature of remote devices, I wouldn't know. It means you have to adjust the volume from the programme playing music/sound which I suspect for most applications is fine, for me it's a bit fiddly. However since the default volume isn't too loud I can work with one cup off my ear easily enough.

That leads to my final point; if you want/need to "paint the room with sound" for a party or some head banging then you'll want something else, as normal levels of conversation in a small room would drown these out. The nominal output power of these speakers is only 7 watts, the other less expensive set I mentioned previously is 17 watts, as a comparison. On the plus side you can't make these speakers distort, they just don't have enough power, turn the volume all the way and it's just clean sound (good bass control, separate adjustment on sub-woofer), not very loud but certainly a pleasant enough volume (for me at least). This unusually low power/volume isn't an issue for me but it's why I've given these speakers 4 rather than 5 stars. I suspect many looking at a 2.1 system would be surprised at the limited power of this unit; it's more of what you'd expect from a 2.0 set.

Actually there is one final point, there is no grill/cover over the front of the two desktop speakers, meaning the sound cones are exposed to dust and potential accidental damage if knocked with common desktop items. I've only had them for a couple of days so can't say if it's a real issue, at this stage it's just an observation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations, 4 Aug. 2009
Benjamin Lee "music fanatic" (Belfast, UK/ Ipoh, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
A great product with a great price. I read most of the customer reviews before purchasing it, and the recurring message was that the speakers were a bit soft, but the sound balance was good.

With regards to its volume, I have had no problems so far. I can only think of 2 occasions when it was too soft, but in those 2 occasions, I was watching streamed videos. However, I have had no problems with other streamed videos. Apart from that, the volume has been very good. To get a higher volume, I would just turn up the volume on my laptop. I rarely need to max out the volume settings on both my laptop and speakers. If I did, it would be too loud. In fact, I've never maxed them out, because it's already too loud before i can get there. Even when using it in the living room with a bunch of friends, volume has never been an issue apart from those 2 occasions.

Re sound balance, it has been proven to be true. Bass is never too loud, nor is the treble. They never overpower each other. Even at high volumes, the sound never gets distorted. It's just clean sound coming out of the speakers. All of my friends who have used my speakers say that they're amazing.

Being an experienced musician, I am very picky about the quality of sound that I get from listening to my music. And I hate sounds that are not balanced or too quiet. And I don't use the word "hate" generously. So I must say that I have been extremely satisfied with the speakers.

By the way, I love the design of the speakers.

Overall, the speakers have provided me a richer and more fulfilling experience when listening to music and watching movies. And with its price, this is truly a bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 9 Sept. 2009
B. Joaly - See all my reviews

A complaint is that the jack is now faulty. I have only had the speakers for a few months and already its a real effort to get the jack in the right position in the headphone port of my laptop and mp3 player, or else sound doesn't come out of both speakers. I haven't seen any other reviews complaining about this, so maybe it was an exclusive fault, but has to be mentioned.

However when they do work, they are enjoyable to listen to, particularly for music. An added advantage is that the 2 satellite speakers can be disconnected and plugged directly into your mp3 for personal listening. Also the bass can be adjusted directly from a dial on the sub.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Speakers.. at a good price, 18 Sept. 2008
Mr. J. Erlam (UK) - See all my reviews
I went for Logitech speakers after having a brought wireless mouse and keyboard and being very pleased with quality of them. The speakers are excellent I have to say. Small two left and right speakers with an medium size sub woofer. I have to say did I came away from the deal thinking all this for 18 pounds .. good deal

The only thing i don't like about them is that their are a lot of dublicate wires where they could of made them into one - The only reason it didn't have it didn't get five stars

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 19 Mar. 2010
I'm no expert but I know what I like and I like these speakers. Good sound and good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for under £20, 20 Jan. 2009
D. Nally "D" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this speaker and sub set a little over a month ago and I'm really pleased with my purchase.

I'm using them primarily for my laptop. Which as I'm watching movies on I wanted a nicer quality audio than the tinny built in speakers. I opted for these and I'm really glad I did. Nice crisp sound with plenty of bass.

Speakers look great, plenty of length in the wire, although as some other reviewers have noted probably a few too many wires. But don't let that put you off.

Great set of replacements (or upgrades) for a desktop or laptop and all for under £20.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working, 6 Jan. 2010
I was really happy with these speakers when i started using them however on the second day of having them without explanation the speakers stopped producing sound and only the subwoofer was working. I tried unplugging the speakers from the back of the subwoofer and then back in but then they only made a crackling noise. So I tried plugging just the speakers straight into my PC and they worked. I'm assuming there was a problem with the connection on the back of the subwoofer as The speakers worked fine without them. Amazon were very useful however with the problem and gave me a refund. I think I may buy a slightly more expensive set of speakers now instead though. Overall though, before that happened I was very impressed with the quality. I think I may of been just unlucky with my ones as al the other reviews seem to be pretty possitive.

Logitech LS21 2.1 Stereo Speaker System