on 4 May 2013
Ok so these were a very welcome gift from a fabulous friend and they are the coolest DMs I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot! The length is mid calf for me (I'm very tall at 6ft) and the zip and laces combo is brilliant for adjusting the fit around the calf and ankle. The leather is much thinner than traditional Docs but not initially any softer, in fact they feel a bit crispy. A bit of wonder balsam goes a long way to soften up the leather though. Anyone familiar with Docs knows the break in period can be quite the challenge, and I'm suffering for the love of these beauties but not in the normal way. The foot portion breaks in easily, but beware if you have a high instep because these are quite tight in that area. I don't normally have instep issues but to absolutely fair I do have a slightly higher instep than the average person. They are loosening but boy am I feeling it as they do! The main issue is getting the top of the boot to adjust to my enthusiastically bouncy feet, again they are gradually getting there but I've had a bit of a flare up of plantar tendon issues in the attempt to make them bend to my will. Lots of other reviewers find these instantly comfortable, and to be fair I can wear them for eight hours without wanting to cry but personally I've found them difficult to break. I'd recommend the wonder balsam daily to help with the process, and I am finding them continuously more and more comfortable as time goes by. It's a testament to how very beautiful these are that I'm determined to keep going, because I love them, love them, love them! One last point, if you have a lovely juicy calf you might find these a close fit, I have a little juice in that area and the adjustment with the laces helped with that but they are pretty much straight up and down, and probably won't accommodate the curvier calf very well.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2011
I like these boots. They're very eye catching and unusual (I know they're mass produced but I haven't personally seen anyone else wearing them yet). Softer leather than Dr Martens usually are - no blisters and pain so far. Comfortable given that I'm not used to walking in flat shoes/boots. One little gripe is that the embroidered rose design goes all the way through to the inside of the boot (they're stitched in, not transfers) and I found this scratchy. It irritated my skin leaving my ankle area quite red and sore. Solved with a pair of decent socks but I think it'd ruin tights. All in all, fab boots. Recommended.
on 9 October 2009
Great boots, comfortable to wear first time. Arrived promptly. Very happy customer :-)Dr. Martens Vonda
on 16 February 2013
AT 57 YEARS OLD I NOW OWN MY FIRST EVER PAIR OF DM'S AND I THINK THERE GREAT .WILL DEFO BUY ANOTHER FLOWERY PAIR.
on 10 April 2009
I've waited all my life for this pair of boots to come along. They are brilliant. I love them. The perfect synthesis of brute boot force and delicate deceitful roses. Stunning and about time! I look forward to their next foray into the world of tatoo embroidery.
on 17 July 2015
Beautiful boots...love them, as do my friends who all want a pair now. Nice soft leather and comfortable from day 1
review image
on 13 April 2009
I have loads of D.M's but these are fantastic! A lot softer than your normal boot, but still as bootilicious!!!
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2015
These are my all time favourite pair of Dockies, I wanted them so long, so very long! I finally got my hands on a pair in May. Oh my life I still love them. They took a little wearing in but no more than my Dockie seasoned feet could take, theyblook absolutely incredible, especially with some black ribbon laces in. I get a lot of comments about these boots. From a multitude of people too. I am currently waiting for some money to hit my account so I can have a brand new pair... for best! I wear mine for everything, day, night, posh, goth, don't discriminate, I love love love them!
on 16 November 2010
These boots are just wonderful.They were a purchase for my 16yr old daughter, I thought they were expensive, however she has worn them everyday since they have arrived and she is the envy of all her friends. They work out no more expensive than a good pair of winter boots. They are also very feminine, worth every penny.
on 25 March 2014
I bought theses boots about a year ago, but I haven't worn them too much because of the pressure sores that developed on top of my feet, my fault because I laced them up to tight. I am now wearing them most days with either leggings, jeans, or occasionally a dress. They are so feminine and tough at the same time, and I think they send a message out, don't mess with me! My age.....62!