on 8 April 2012
I most certainly agree with one other reviewer who said not to be dissuaded from purchasing this item because it's cheap,cheap. I wholeheartedly agree with this reviewer. This is a little gem; compact and extremely versatile. I have owned two Watkins Copicat echo units in the past. The first one I purchased for £35.00,no, sorry, 35 guineas in the early 1960's. The second cost me £70.00 or thereabouts in the mid seventies; alas, that unit was stolen during a burglary at my flat. To purchase a Watkins Copicat Gold today will set you back £1250.00. I have never used or heard this unit so I can not comment on its performance. This little Behringer EM600 does everything the early Watkins units can do and a whole lot more. You have so much control over the reproduced echo. You could spend hours experimenting with this unit; its truly amazing and at such a giveaway price; you can't go wrong and for the money spent, you'll be more than delighted.
on 15 March 2012
dont think cause this pedal is cheap cheap!! that its not good at making graet echo and delay sounds - i too could not beleive the great effects this pedal produces ! i been playing and making sound effects for 40 years by weird and wonderful ways ( steel coil on a broom stick ! -echo in the bathroom ! - tape heads wired up like a mad doctor !) -this pedal makes the sounds of a costly tape echo machine,etc - no joke the technology in this baby will blow your mind -and the kind of controls you find on rack processers ! - its got wah wah -chorus,etc - i cant priase this cool machine enough
on 26 March 2013
Great little unit, choice of tape, analogue or digital echos and if you want early shadows sound try playing around with multi tap 1, excellent and at a giveaway price. Today's guitarists are so lucky, back in the 60s only the privileged few could afford an echo that sounded anywhere close to this............ Peter Kane.
on 20 December 2012
Everybody "snobs out" about Beheringer.....I have TONS of their stuff.....And NOTHING's ever broken,failed or stopped working....More than I can say for recent Gibson Guitars......This Is a GREAT ,VERY versatle little pedal...
on 28 February 2013
Superb little machine with loads of settings and a very nice sound. Gets somewher close to the old Watkins Copicat sound. Excellenty service too with very speedy delivery. Only drawback is that it eats batteries and you really do need an adapter.
on 12 August 2013
the behringer em600 is a brilliant bit of kit i tried to play the shadows tunes but it did not sound the same till i got my em600 its great
on 12 October 2014
When I got this I tried using it and found the instructions so crap I shelved it. Then months later I spotted that the Line 6 - Echo Park pedal had the same layout. I down loaded the Echo Park instructions and found that the EM600 is 95% the same! The only difference is you have to hold down the EM600 for 2 seconds to get the tap mode started which is different from the Echo Park. I have now been using the EM600 all the time and I think this is a real bargain of a pedal. Only complaint is that it eats batteries, I run mine on a PSU now to save money.
on 21 April 2012
Behringer EM600 Echo Machine Modeling Effects Pedal
I used to own a Copycat which I gigged to death but I missed it.
I bought the Behringer EM600 Echo Machine. Wow,this proved to be pure magic!
Everybody that I knew in the music business that I demonstrated this to were amazed!
This pedal took their breath away and when I told them the price, they were astounded.
I have not compared this to the more expensive alternatives on the market but I don't need to.
This has all I could ever want and more.
on 27 July 2015
I was vert sceptical about buying anything by Behringer having had a bad purchase some years back and realised they had a bad reputation, however things have changed a lot since them days. I looked this product up on you tube to see what it sounded like and was very impressed by both the tones and the price.

If you are a guitarist who does a lot of Surf, Shadows, Ventures and other instrumentals your gonna love this pedal. If your old enough to remember the Watkins Copycat unit which was a tape based unit back in the 70s well this thing can sound as good if not better then that. Its certainly very quiet when I put it through my Roland amp. The tones are not only analog but digital too so you have best of both worlds. I found it extremely easy to program it for songs like Apache, FBI, Dance On, Atlantis, Perfidia, and even a nice haunting sound for Telstar (Tornadoes). I got to grips with it very easily and if you view some of the videos on you tube this will speed the process up a lot of learning how it works. My only gripe was the battery compartment is very fiddly to replace batteries. Of course it works off mains too and I am using it with my Stagg pedal board adaptor as well and it works fine with that. The battery it takes is a standard PP3 Alkaline which is handy if your a street musician. How long it will last on the road is another guess but will report back if their is a problem but so far am well impressed. I figured out an idea, for a particular song you could take a photo of the settings so you dont forget your settings for each song and make a sheet of all the settings you need.
on 1 December 2013
This is a blinder of a pedal. i have been trying to get an individual sound for a new band, and this is a wonderful way of making your self sound different. i own two eventide stomp boxes as well and a host of others, and use combinations of pedals to generate the sound scape sound i am after. i thought this was going to be worth a try due to the cost, cheap and cheerful, but blimey was i wrong. This is packed with masses of sounds, not all perfect but then again the eventides are not either. the sound is very slightly attenuated, and can lose a small part of the top but this is blinking fine by me, it adds to the character of the sound. i will buy another one of these as i need to know if i have a one in a million pedal that was made wrong or if they are all the same, get one now, stuff it get two and run them in stereo series. i run this is the effects loop with the eventides and it is truly fantastic. Well done Behringer i do believe you have made a classic.

The sounds can be extreme but again, why not, why the blinking hell not i say. pumping sounds, clipped sounds, whooshing, this pedal needs its own web site for users to drop their settings on. come on Behringer your missing a trick here, start a user setting group, may be you have and i am a lazy rascal that has not found it yet.

I am also going to buy a couple of others now, the octave one i think, if its half as good as this then cricket its going to be a belter.