5.0 out of 5 stars The VERY BEST in lip care
I have been using Carmex for years and years. In the "old days" it was only available in the USA and I had friends sending it over. Then a few years ago it "landed" in the UK and I had other friends sending it over, or I buy it myself when I get there. I am SO GLAD it is now available on line!

I guess if you are used to lip balms in general they almost become...
Published on 28 Dec. 2008 by ELI (Italy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected
It was way smaller than I was expecting, the lid seemed deeper than the actual tub. and it also seems to be menthol infused. Other than that, its alright.
Published 14 months ago by soulbro28

5.0 out of 5 stars The VERY BEST in lip care, 28 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Carmex CLASSIC Moisturising Lip Balm For Dry And Chapped Lips 7.5g (Personal Care)

I guess if you are used to lip balms in general they almost become addictive and Carmex is no exception. Once you try it, you are hooked! (in the good sense of the word). Personally, I have tried dozens (literally) of different types of lip balms before & after discovering Carmex and none equals it.

Carmex is soothing and it protects your lips, keeping them soft. No need to be affected by cold sores to use it regularly. In fact, it works wonders to prevent lip problems too. Its ingredients are well balanced to convey the right amount of protective components into the lips. It has a pleasant, not too strong menthol taste.

As you can see from the Amazon various types of Carmex on sale, there are mainly three types of Carmex products. In my opinion, the main difference among them is within the compactness:

- Stick. It is the most compact of all. It is practical for pockets and small handbags (but its texture a bit too compact for my taste). Colour: opaque white.
- Pot (My favourite). Its texture is a bit less compact than the one in the stick and it has to be applied by finger. Colour: opaque white. I find that the pot lasts longer than any of the other products.
- Tube. This is the most "liquid" type of Carmex, an ointment really. It has to ooze out from a small hole in the tube, therefore there is more water in the ingredients compared to its cousins above mentioned. It also "shines" a bit more than the others.

I have not tried the new "cherry taste" so I have no comment for it.

Last but not least, I have "studied" the various Carmex products on sale here. SOME of them DO NOT bear the Carmex registered logo (the tiny "R" in the circle after the brand name). As the price of those not bearing is lower than the ones which do, it could well be an imitation with a similar brand name (if the product inside is as good as the original one, I do not know). Also, and this may prove my point, some of the products here bear an "Original" in brackets, some do not. I apologise in advance in my conclusions are wrong.

But for the record, it is fair to say that as far as I know, the ORIGINAL Carmex (I am now referring to the pot, which I usually buy in England) bears, on its yellow top, the Carma Lab website, the CARMEX logo with the "R" next to it, and under it, the "Lip Balm, Baume Pour Les Levres" wording. After that, the Directions of Use.
(FYI the same product (in the pot) in the USA bears either a red 'Carmex' label or/and a black 'Carmex' writing just as in the UK, with "For Cold Sores" writing underneath, followed by the Directions of Use. The tiny "R" is always visible).

Anyway. Try this wonderful lip balm, you will not regret it. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 28 Aug. 2009
I have carmex cherry, and my boyfriend gets really dry lips sometimes, he tried my carmex cherry but obviously didnt want the girly smell! So i bought him this one and he loves it, the smell is pleasant and not too strong. My boyfriend suffers from severe excema and he says this is the best product he has ever used for his lips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lipbalm I have ever used!, 10 July 2012
I have been using Carmex lip balm for as long as I can remember. I've tried hundreds of different brands, but none of them live up to the effects of Carmex.

I think Carmex lip balm is the only one I have ever used which contains salicylic acid, and I believe this is one of the reasons why it's so effective. Salicylic acid helps to break down cells, therefore allowing skin to shed more easily, leaving you with smooth lips. After the salicylic acid has broken down and shed the skin, this helps the moisturising ingredients to be absorbed more efficiently. So effectively, the Carmex is exfoliating your lips, without the abrasive properties of a scrub.

Due to the salicylic acid and moisturising ingredients, I also find it works wonders on any spots or pimples. Better than those expensive, drying spot creams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!!, 29 Oct. 2011
Hi,
I absolutely love this lip balm it tingles gently against your lip and it is so soothing!
It has a bit of a pinky shimmery colour in it which is nice. It fits perfectly into your pocket as it is quite small, it fits quite a big amount of lip balm than I expected Im definitely going to buy this again and have recommended this to most of my friends thats why I give it a 5 star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lip Life Saver., 16 April 2014
I used to use carmex tubes before-the cherry ones, then one day I stopped. Stupidest mistake I ever did! Vaseline made my lips horrible and I continued to use it for years even if it made no difference. I ordered another carmex balm but the classic one and now in 2 weeks my lips are barely dry anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 April 2012
I have never used Carmex before but after receiving a free sample I bought some more.

As well as keeping your lips free from being dry, the menthol acts as a anaesthetic leaving an odd (but nice!) tingling sensation after application. The balm itself is easy to apply from the tin and does not make your lips to shiny as others sometimes do. I was a little disappointed as the bottom part of the tin is hollow making it smaller than it looks in the picture.

Overall a decent lip balm which is easy to apply and keep with you whenever you need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most practical lipsyl, 8 April 2014
At last a lipsyl you can leave in the car etc and it will still be useable because it wont melt into a useless mess like the sticks

The pots go on for ever, but when empty some can be moved from a new pot so you can have them strategically placed in your jackets, car etc.

OK it is largely vaseline based but it works and the above facts make it quite brilliant.

The only downside is that it is not a sunscreen, but it isnt shining that much in England is it?

Amazon version had no product packaging, great for the planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, 30 April 2013
Have been using Carmex for years, after switching from Vasaline, and have got other people using it too. Best lip balm I have ever tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 April 2013
The best formular, if you have dry lips. They are smooth and soft. Use it in the Morning and before go to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bestbuy, you really can't go wrong., 1 Mar. 2015
I love this stuff and it's the only lip balm I now use as there is no point in using anything else. It does tickle just a little but it gets to work instantly and doesn't just sit on ur lips looking glistenly or adds a slight colour. It actually softens lips and stops cracked lips being sore. I have tried carmex in stick form and in tube form but this one in the pot seems to be the very best.