Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:£19.27+ £2.03 shipping

on 9 January 2009
Though many would say this isn't the best game sega have made, i generally think its not too bad because although most of the stages are at night, the day stages are really do give you a decent sonic experience. Compared with the 360 and PS3 versions which show larger stages with more fancy tricks to do in the air, the game play and the graphics really aren't that bad.

The night stages on the other hand can get a little tiresome since your doing the same thing over and over and can get annoying when you miss a jump and loose a life as a result.

Overall I would give 5 out of 5 for pure fun but 4 out of 5 for lack of high speed sonic action and lack of normal sonic type stages
on 26 October 2010
First of all I do love Sonic games.

I love the original 2d games and I really enjoyed the sonic adventure series. I have been waiting with baited breath for a while now for a truly decent 3d Sonic experience. Sonic Adventure 2 on the Gamecube came very close to being perfect and I had high hopes on Unleashed besting it. This game isn't perfect, its far from it.

It is such a shame as the actual Sonic stages (The day stages) are brilliant. They are fast paced and offer that true feeling of speed that you get from a well made Sonic game. Also they look wonderful and are very easy to control.

However, the Were hog levels (Nights stages) are terrible. They are repetitive and are just not fun. You wander aimlessly around looking for bad guys to beat up, move on do the same, and so on, and so on. They lack any originality and have more in common with Streets of Rage than with Sonic. It all looks impressive but that can't hide the fact these stages are just not fun.

The graphics, sound and eve the story are impressive in this game. Over all though, these Were hog stages just let this game down too much.

What a shame, hopefully Sega will get it right with their next Sonic outing. Although I can't remember the amount of times I have now said that.

If you really are a die hard Sonic fan, try this game. But don't be surprised if it dissapoints you.
on 5 January 2009
Trouble I have found with Sonic is he has not lived up to the promise in 3D like Mario or Zelda has. Thats mainly because Sonic is built on speed which is not always easy to do in 3D.

With the seamless 3D to 2D then back againe within Unleashed the game has improved a lot from the ones that have come before it. The only let down for me is the Werehog scenes and the endless cinematics in between levels and the villages.

For me Sonic is about speed and great graphics to go with it. Throw in a few rings, chaos emeralds and a Super Sonic ending and thats the whole package. If the day time scenes with Sonic was the only thing about the game it would be brilliant.

While I still like the game, there are improvements that need to be made and Sonic and the Black Knight on Wii is shaping up to live up to the promised Sonic game fans want when it is releashed in March 2009. Buy this by all means. Just not the greatest but certanly not the worst tite. Its still enjoyable if at times frustrating.
on 18 February 2009
After being thoroughly disappointed with 'Sonic and the Secret Rings' I didn't have high hopes for this game at all, but after about 10 minutes of playing I was addicted, the levels are quite easy and it didn't take that long to complete, but the different night time and day time modes were a lot of fun. I enjoyed playing the night time modes the most as it was really different to the day time modes which are basically just the classic sonic. I felt that the could have tried to incorperate more Wii remote actions into the day time mode, but overall this game is very addictive and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
on 4 October 2009
well i think this game is awesome as a sonic game. but sadly flawed. i loaded it up. got ready then you spend 10 minutes through un clickable FMV. then you get to the game. go on a map. and another 10 minutes of FMV. what were sega thinking.

probably many hours to complete the game. but you spend 3 days going through the video to get to it.that spoilt my experience. shame.

sadly not one of these games you can chuck on for 20 minutes before going to bed.

in future all FMV sequences must be able to skip them as they go on and on and on and on.
on 16 March 2013
The controls aren't helped by the awful nun chuck analog stick and it's weirdly octagonal, rather then round, base but they really are terrible. I am currently playing through this game with my 3 year old and I'm pulling my hair out. When you're Weresonic he randomly decides to start running on his hands and feet. Usually this happens without warning when you're on a platform crossing a hole/water which results in you falling off said platform and dying. Strangely this game goes against all modern games and employs a life system. You have 3 life's rather then the standard keep playing till you complete the level.

The main issue we have discovered is with the day levels. These play like classic sonic levels. There are certain action sequences were a target is displayed and your are to shake the Wii remote to make sonic attack. Me and my son have spent a good few life's shaking the Wii remote to no avail.

I would reccomend you play this with a proper controller or not at all.
on 19 July 2009
Bought this game for my 5yr old son because he loves Sonic - he originally found it a little difficult but is beginning to get the hang of things. I quite like it too - am an ad-hoc player of games so prob easily pleased - would imagine it wouldn't be suitable for the more die-hard computer gammies out there
on 1 February 2009
I remember as many of us do the old 2D version of Sonic, since those days with all these various technological upgrades and ultimitely 'better' machines, they just can't capture the original excitement and fun we had with our original hero hedgehog.
This I must say is a great attempt but there are bits here which are lacking. However the important thing to remember is, ignore the past, the future is here; play for today not for the memories of what once was which are fading into the past. Sonic is and always will be a superfun game to lose yourself in for a few hours/days?? So just enjoy, make your own mind up and don't let reviews dictate your own decisions!!!
on 4 June 2009
From the moment the game loads up you have a feeling inside, wondering wherever or not your purchase was worth the money or if you've just loaded up the best Sonic game of recent years.
To me it was a little of both.

From the Opening movie It's a typical Sonic Vs Eggman scene in Space, switching to Eggman on the run and Sonic falling into his trap, only to be turned into a Werehog and forced out into space, falling towards a Planet now fractured by Eggman, and a mysterious beast released from it's core.

The game is more forgiving than the PS3/360 Sonic 06 game, although you can easily die, it isnt a common occurance and can be avoided.

You are eased into the gameplay by Tutorial levels using either Sonic or the Werehog, these cover all the aspects of the Wii controls(Saving the special stuff for later) and even then its all explained.

The graphics are really good, Sega really got the game down well because I noticed barely any slowdown, and everything, including the scenary is pretty to look at.

Sonic levels are fast and clean although there are a lot of challenges that can be hard like racing through a level and avoiding Ice blocks to get the medal reward at the end.

Werehog levels are slow and cumbersome, they involve using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and swinging motions to attack, and to be honest it can become a little tiring when you are faced with enemy after enemy.
One of the good things about the Werehog stages Is that its slower, yes I complained that it's slow, but you are less liable to fall into a pit or water through the fault of the game.

Moving on, there are a lot of things ingame to keep you entertained in the form of challenges on levels you unlock.

And the biggest plus for me anyway is that the towns are no longer 3D(They are in the 360/PS3 version) Meaning you get like a interactive picture of a town with areas to click on, it loads up a character in said area with text to push the story forward.

After playing Sonic 06 this was a huge plus because to be honest, they cant do towns right, and it gets you into the action a lot quicker.

All in all its a fun but flawed game, if you can get at a cheap enough price GO FOR IT!
on 14 April 2011
This game requires the Wii Nunchuk in order to be played successfully.

What I've noticed is most of the levels require the use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk at the same time but using different actions. This is quite difficult to master so I would not recommend this game to a 7 year old (as the cover the suggests). My ward is 13 and he struggles on some levels; usually asking for my help.

Needs a lot of hand co-ordination between the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to get the maximum benefit from the game. If you can do this then this is the game for you.