5.0 out of 5 stars A game to waste a rainy day with
Mexican Train is one of the best games I've played in many years - and I'm someone who doesn't much like board games. Whilst it would be a brilliant game for children, I've only played it with adults. It's one of the most frustrating yet compelling games I've ever played - just when you think you are on a sure fire route to "going out" someone lays down a double and all...
Published on 28 July 2009 by K. Simm

3.0 out of 5 stars Better sets available
I love this game and have played for years with friends & family. We bought this particular set for friends that we'd introduced to the game, and another friend purchased the same set. Unfortunately we've found that the numbers rub/flake off and since they are not engraved like "normal" (dot) dominoes, this limits the lifespan of this particular set.
Next time I...
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by L. Streets

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars a real disappointment, 21 April 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
should have read the other reviews same box but no Mexican train and colors no good on dominos and cheap cheap cheap I am going to find a way to send the two sets I bought back and go on ebay and buy the original set with the whistleing train

5.0 out of 5 stars Mexican Train, 7 April 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
A great game that keeps us occupied for hours - we have both the travel and normal versions. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game made cheap, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
This game is fantastic and so much fun but we brought this as we'd played it at our friends house. We were a bit dissapointed to find that it has been made much cheaper, for example the middle game piece is now cardboard instead of plastic and the dominoes are all very dull colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
An excellent game for a group of adult friends or even to play with the kids. Requires more strategic thinking than normal dominoes. You think you're about to put down your last domino to win the game when someone else plays a double and can't close it....your own plans are put on hold until someone does by which time you may have picked up 4 or 5 more dominoes. Addictive. I dare you to play just one round! Some very late nights have been had!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mexican Train is in the station., 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
This game enjoyed by a wide age range of people, from early childhood to old age. As long as you can count you can play. It is educational in that it teaches children to count and also recognise colours. Adults do play and have highly enjoyable evening playing it. The rules are simple as is the scoring. Go try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good fun for all ages, 30 Dec 2010
C. Woods (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
I bought this as a joint Christmas present for both my wife and 7 year old daughter. It turned out to be a good move since they both love it. We played it with friends on Boxing Day and one of the crowd was an octagenerian - everybody from 7 to 80 something loved this game. Do not be fooled into thinking that this game in anyway resembles the traditional game of dominoes that we all know - it is much more than that, the gameplay is much more interesting and lively and the fortunes of any individual player can change in a single move - this really is a must buy gift for absolutely anybody.

A word about the quality of the set - everything from the instruction booklet to the pieces themselves is top quality, particularly the pieces which are chunky, solid and dare I say gorgeously engraved with the pips.

In summary, this is one of my best purchases of 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
Great game and a lot of fun, rarely have we played it with children but when we have they love it especially with the train noise!! Generally it is a game that we play with friends our own age (50 ish) after dinner and it is extremely entertaining, so many sets have been bought that we should be on commission!! Highly recommend it !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 29 Mar 2010
JOHN DUFF (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
If you like normal dominoes but get a bit bored, this is the game to have. You play several rounds and no-one gets chucked out as you go along. So everyone can play to the end. Looks complicated, but it's not. This particular set has well-made brightly coloured dominoes. The only complaint is that the 'station' should have been made of slightly thicker material to help keep the trains in place. Although having never played with another set, I don't know if this one is worse than any other available. It's a bit heavy for taking away anywhere with you though, so we're going to get the travel version as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 Aug 2011
S. Capes - See all my reviews
We were introduced to Mexican Train by some friends one evening after dinner. It is so simple but can get really competitive and has scope for cunning play by thwarting other players 'trains'. We have introduced lots of friends to it and many have asked us to get sets for them.
We have never played with children but I gather from those who have that even the small grandchildren get the hang of it quickly, recognising the colours even if they don't know the numbers.
A great game for all ages.
We like this non-electronic set because it comes with a battery operated train to make the noises rather than a central console to press. The dominoes are excellent quality and feel good to hold. Some of the colours could be a bit more varied perhaps - in slightly subdued lighting we end up counting numbers to match pieces rather than going by colour but it's no problem really. Being older and old-fashioned I like games to be in cardboard boxes rather than funny shaped tins too, and the box is quite sturdy.
Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
Have had such fun with this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›