5.0 out of 5 stars A game to waste a rainy day with
Published on 28 July 2009 by K. Simm

3.0 out of 5 stars Better sets available
I love this game and have played for years with friends & family. We bought this particular set for friends that we'd introduced to the game, and another friend purchased the same set. Unfortunately we've found that the numbers rub/flake off and since they are not engraved like "normal" (dot) dominoes, this limits the lifespan of this particular set.
Next time I...
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by L. Streets

3.0 out of 5 stars Better sets available, 7 Sep 2010
L. Streets (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Next time I plan to buy a tin of double-12s and make my own "hub" and train markers =)

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY AND DISAPPOINTING, 21 Sep 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
We first played Mexican Train at a friends house and were hooked. So we decided to buy our own set from Amazon. What a difference in quality. For a start there is NO TRAIN included and the centre piece (station) is made of cheap cardboard whereas the original set we used had a plastic and more durable piece. The dominoes look cheap and nasty too. Whilst its still the same game familiarity has bred contempt and shame on Amazon for showing a picture of the old set complete with train whilst the new set does not have any. Do they expect you to buy a train to complete The Mexican Train game??

5.0 out of 5 stars A game to waste a rainy day with, 28 July 2009
K. Simm "shropshirelass" (UK and Gers France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
Mexican Train is one of the best games I've played in many years - and I'm someone who doesn't much like board games. Whilst it would be a brilliant game for children, I've only played it with adults. It's one of the most frustrating yet compelling games I've ever played - just when you think you are on a sure fire route to "going out" someone lays down a double and all of sudden you are on the back foot and having to pick up tiles. Add to that the fabulous whistling train and after a few drinks it's the funniest thing in the world. It's a great game to while away a time on holiday, but be prepared to still be playing it many hours later!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars dominoes, 12 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
This is an excellent game but we had to get the rules from another member of the family as there were no instructions written in English. As the box was in English this seemed rather silly.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant fun, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
brilliant and addictive game, be prepared for a few hours of fun and laughs. great for more than two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as an introduction, 1 Feb 2010
C. Smith (England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
The rules were very easy to understand but different to the ones we were taught - more suitable for children so slightly disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 8 Jan 2010
Mrs. B. J. Davis (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
Played this game over Christmas with adults and we became addicted to it. We really had a lot of fun and every game is so different. We played with seven of us and trains really spread out and the mexican train was alsorts of shapes to keep it on the table. The dominos and playing pieces are really durable and good quality. The train is an extra laugh as you press the button and it makes train noises and puts other players off when it is their turn. Really glad I took a chance and bought it, it makes a change not to have to throw a dice.

4.0 out of 5 stars mexican train, 5 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
Bought Mexican Train after playing it recently with 2 other adults.Invited some friends to play and they enjoyed it too. Don't think it was just the wine. Played for 2 hours and didn't managed to finish the game but that doesn't matter. You can stop earlier without detracting from the game. They do give a shorter version which should be quicker. Fun and tactical game of dominoes. Up to 12 dots and different colours used to aid number recognition.Mexican Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Dominoes for all ages, 15 April 2010
Joanne, dundee (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
This is an excellent game for all ages. It is simple to learn and easy to play but can also be played tactically. I have played it with up to eight adults. We all loved it and played it nearly every night on holiday. Each round can be played quickly and can stand alone or you can play all thirteen rounds and accumulate the scores. I have also played this Dominoes with children as young as 3years. It is great for their number skills as well as learning the social skills of taking turns. The children loved it and were keen to play again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mexican Train, 7 April 2010
This review is from: Mexican Train (Toy)
A great game that keeps us occupied for hours - we have both the travel and normal versions. Highly recommended.

Mexican Train