5.0 out of 5 stars Steam Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect wonders, butequally don't dismiss this
Published 18 months ago by Nick's mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam Cleaner, 26 April 2011
CT "CT" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEW TRUESHOPPING® 'LITTLE TROJAN' MULTI PURPOSE HAND HELD STEAM CLEANER 1050W WITH ACCESSORIES. FAST HEATING TIME. IDEAL FOR CLEANING A RANGE OF SURFACES FROM TILES AND WINDOWS TO RUGS AND CURTAINS. ALSO SUITABLE FOR IRONING CLOTHES. (Misc.)
I am very pleased with this steam cleaner. I have used it regularly since purchasing for a variety of purposes. It brings up the mirrored doors of bathroom cupboards a treat and also great for cleaning windows and the ceramic hob of my cooker plus the tiled splashbacks. It is excellent for all those areas where normally I would be scrubbing with an old toothbrush such as the hinges of the shower doors, loo seat hinges, kitchen door/drawer handles, cooker control panel etc etc. - just a couple of blasts is all it takes!!

I've used it to clear the gunk that collects in the hinges of the dishwasher which normal cleaners dosn't shift and it is great for cleaning the BBQ and soap drawer of the washing machine plus light limescale/soap deposits on bathroom tiles. I've even used it for cleaning the car interior!!

However, I didn't find it any use for cleaning a couple of spots on carpets but that could just be that they were too old and ingrained and it had no effect on spots of mould in the bathroom or for deep cleaning grouting but I didn't buy it for that reason as I have other products which are good for that. Also it really had no effect on the interior doors of my cooker but would imagine that once I get round to giving that a good clean it will be OK for ongoing cleaning!!

Depending on how many sockets you have, an extension lead will more than likely be needed.

Anyone with joint problems in their hands may have problems with the lid to the water reservoir - I have found it difficult to open and close on a couple of occasions and I don't have any joint problems!

The instructions are in very small print and therefore a bit difficult to read.

You do need to leave it to heat up for a couple of minutes or so before you get a good head of steam but I have had no problem once it has heated.

A good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars steam cleaner, 31 July 2009
Mrs. D. M. Pryor (Kent) - See all my reviews
Trueshopping hand held steam cleaner does exactly what it says. I am very pleased with it. On and off steam button is good. It is also light enough to handle. Good all round cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars steam cleaner, 25 Aug 2011
very impressed with this product,i bought a similar steam cleaner a few years ago and it was considerably more expensive and my new cleaner does everything that did at a fraction of the price i will recommend it to my friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand held sream cleaner, 23 Sep 2009
D. Baxter - See all my reviews
Although this product was at the cheaper end of the market I have found it most useful and it does what it was made for. Excellent product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect wonders, butequally don't dismiss this, 21 Feb 2013
I read the reviews carefully and found that the rave reviews far exceeded the antis, so bought this primarily to clean my two cream sofas and clothes. It's useless for both. It comes with a very cheap little towelling cloth, which won't fit on the attachement. The hand book looks as though it's been photocopied a thousand times and the diagrams are virtually illegible so no help there. 0/10 there.

However, it's excellent for cleaning windows, a job I am useless at. I steam them and wipe with a micrfibre cloth - perfect results. So it's worth the money just for that. 10/10

I live in an area of very hard water, so my taps are always scaled. This doesn't remove scale. but seems to loosen it so that an application of limescale remover works better. So 6/10 for that.

I have a tiled kitchen floor, and while mopping cleans the tiles, the grout remains dirty. I got on hand and knees and attacked the grout. It loosened up and could be wiped away. Hard on my knees, but a job well done. 8/10

Despite my gripe about it not working for furniture/clothes, I did steam a woollen skirt and it certainly freshened it up, though how it might remove dirt is a mystery.

The machine is better quality than I expected. It comes with various attachments which I see no need to use. The long 'beak' seems to work for my purposes.

I could live without this, but on the whole find it a useful and easily operated piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Trojan Steam Cleaner, 1 Mar 2011
I bought this hand held Little Trojan steam cleaner for a particular purpose, but quickly found that it could be used for many, many other purposes. It is tremendous value for money, easy to use and maintain, and small enough to store easily. It comes with a good selection of accessories to cope with many varied uses, and does a really good job. Although it heats the water quickly to it's steam pressure, it is safe to use, as the steam is effective at close range, it is also safe from the risk of scalding after only two or three inches from the nozzle.

A good buy, and a great little product, mine has already been borrowed by several neighbours and they found the same good results as I did.

Phil Rawlinson

4.0 out of 5 stars great on bathrooms, 14 Oct 2010
i received my little trojan today and my bathroom suite now looks like new.
it gets to all the nooks and crannies of the toilet bowl,down the sink,
in to all the crevices of the taps.
then on to my gas cooker, it cleaned my oven a treat.
great little buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect for the job, 6 May 2011
I had been shopping around for a steam cleaner for a while now, my council flat gets very damp, and with damp comes the standard mold and mildew, lovely, and a pain in the you know what to rid yourself of. I read some of these reviews, and one thing I noted was some say it has a short duration that you can use it for. Actually that is perfect for me, I have ME/CFS, so holding something for any length of time, with any kind of weight = extremely painful and very exhausting. One evening I decided to try out my new cleaner, and not only managed to put it together myself, I cleaned an entire window, and this was black with dirt and mildew. I had tried bleach before and it just turned it sort of pink, and actually required me to scrub, which is why it had gotten so bad now, I managed to use the cleaner to lift the dirt and stuff from the surface of the paintwork. If you hold it a few mm away you can actually blast off small areas with the force, which is not really for what it is intended, but it demonstrated what it was capable of.

I only filled this bout 4 times, as you need to wipe away stuff in between, and I am almost sure that people seem to think of a steam cleaner much like a jet washer, and that a quick blast and the dirt vanishes, this is steam not jet powered water. This does exactly as it says on the tin. It was excellent round paintwork, and in the little corners, I did not scrub at all.

Mt next task for it was my bunny hutch. Very large, and this proved once again it was up to the task. Bunny safe out the way, litter removed and 20 minutes later (allowing time for wiping out the stuff) his hutch was spotless, and very hygienic, as the steam kills any germs, and bugs etc, very handy indeed. My other buns are very excited about this weekend, when 2 more hutches will be blasted.

Soon I intend to head for the Winter blankets before they go into storage, and house hold chairs and sofa. I had video of the window cleaning, but I can't find my cable to hook my phone to the PC, so I will add it when I find and can upload it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam Clean Rubbish, 28 Feb 2012
Ms. K. Tait "Wigan1705" (Wigan, Lancs, England.) - See all my reviews
After buying and using a Black & Decker Steam Floor Mop which is an excellent product, I thought I would treat myself to a steam cleaner too. How massively dissappointed I am. After filling it with water the cleaner is both cumbersome and heavy. My first job was to clean my glass oven doors - the cleaner didn't even make a start on them, I ended up with hot water and washing up liquid instead! Next I tried on the build up of mould on the bathroom window and again, it did nothing. Same with the bath, around the sink ect...
All in all this is the worst buy I have ever made.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not living up to reviews, 7 Sep 2011
Have only tried it once but followed the instructions to the letter. Was mainly purchased to clean around bath and the grouting in the bathroom. Has not touched the sealant and the grout only started cleaning for the 1st few seconds (once fully heated) and had to be a couple of mm away to have an affect. Will give it another couple of tries but looks like no substitute for elbow grease....