Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 October 2014
I bought this mainly for the Boccherini Fandango which I had heard on BBC Radio3. It's an incredibly good performance of that, with two harpsichords and castanets: music that is astonishingly inventive and exciting too! You will want to get out of your seat and dance around!!
on 20 March 2014
one track is a combination of Harpsichord with castanets ?? bonkers but brilliant.Writing this away from CD,so can't recall the track,but close inspection of titles/blurb on jewel case will hopefuly tell you.
on 25 February 2010
If you like spanish fandango music played on the harpsicord then this is for you. Quite addictive actually, especially the opening piece by Soler (which I originally heard on R3, and which persuaded me to buy the CD), and the closing piece by Boccherini (complete with castanets). I has a catchy baroque feel if such a thing is possible. I've been playing it in the car, and my 17 year old daughters' comment was "it's not that bad". Praise indeed!
on 1 December 2003
This music is very invigorating and I danced to it. Although old music, actually it is very jazzy. The castanets with the harpsichord on one of the tracks is a great combination. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 13 July 2006
This CD is worth buying for the 14th track, Quintetto 4 in D Major, G. 448: Fandango, Grave Assai - Luigi Boccherini, alone, which is absolutely magnificent in all respects.