5.0 out of 5 stars an opera of life
Published on 3 Mar 2010 by Anthony Peter Swallow

3.0 out of 5 stars The Glass Mountain
The Glass Mountain is an old movie but well worth watching and there is some very clever photography for it's age.
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by William Hardman

5.0 out of 5 stars an opera of life, 3 Mar 2010
Anthony Peter Swallow (Bruxelles, Belgique) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
This is great : if you like good singing, nice music, a rollicking story (which ends the way it "should"), super shots of England, the Alps, Venice.... then this is for you. I love Tito Gobbi's voice and have had the melodies in my head ever since I first saw this film on TV at the tender age of 15 (I'm now 60!) It's in black-and-white, of course, so there's room for you to colour the film in with your own imagination - and you won't forget it. Put it on, sit back and relax to a former time when life was different :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Love Story, 7 Nov 2008
S. Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
I think this is the first grown up film I ever saw. I thought it was wonderful then, and
I still do. It is the ultimate love story. Lovely locations - a pretty Thames side house, snowy mountains, the canals of Venice and the glittering Opera House. The music is magnificent, and it is a shame it is not of better technical quality. A charming couple played by real life lovers Michael Denison and Dulcie Gray with funny intimate dialogue, the striking 'other woman' who nevertheless has a lover waiting in the wings for her when she is over her infatuation with Michael Denison's character.There have been many love stories on film since this one, but this is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic memories, 22 Oct 2011
A. PRIOR (Exmouth, Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I was but a stripling when I first saw The Glass Mountain, but the music remains with me still, decades later. Divine music, peerless singing and echoes of a much nicer time. This is a lovely film, losing nothing by being in black and white. We love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olden Goldies are the best, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
Just wonderful film - beautiful music. Just don't make them like it any more.Atmospheric film of the time. Just fabulous. We were certainly better off before mobiles, texts etc etc were invented.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Glass Mountain, 22 Mar 2012
William Hardman "Bill" (Brisbane) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars The Glass Mountain, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
A lover of golden oldies, this has a good cast and lots of fantastic scenery. One of the better British movies of the era. And of course the dog's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glass Mountain DVD, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my 87 yr old mother. She was so thrilled, she didn't realise you could get a copy of this very old film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the sound, 7 April 2014
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my mum; I remembered that she loved the film years ago. We watched it together. Of course it was dated; I expected that, but my mum liked the story and the theme tunes. But the sound quality was appalling. My mum was quite worried that she was losing her hearing, but it wasn't her- I could hardly hear the dialogue either. When we turned the sound right up, it just became fuzzy.
I'm afraid it was a bit of a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sue Mead, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely brilliant, I saw this film in 1950 and it was as good now as then, service excellent and considering its not something you can buy in a normal retail outlet the price was more than reasonable. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] (DVD)
this film score brings back many happy memories of mum playing the piano.It was always the music I loved to hear her play.

The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD]
The Glass Mountain [1949] [DVD] by Henry Cass (DVD - 2008)
9.99