on 23 May 2009
This is a very good dvd player..

The picture quality is pretty good and the sound (through Sennheiser px-100's is superb) the sound through the main unit is lightweight but I think they all are, if you use in a reasonably quiet room it's okay.

The major plus for me is teh USB direct facility which enables divx movies to be played direct from usb stick - my £300 sony dvd player doesn't do that and will often stop halfway through a divx movie burnt to dvd, this one plays everything via usb without any glitches at all, that alone makes it worth the money - and you can play it thru your tv if you wish

How it compares to others i don't know, there maybe better screens out there but i haven't seen many with the usb function that i personally find envaluable. If you can get it for a bargain then go for it...

ps re the other review posted here - of course it works in cars!..the brochure says do not use whilst driving - what they mean is don't drive and watch the dvd!!der...They aren't refering to the passengers!
on 11 December 2008
Fab delivery from Amazon. The player is great, picture quality is as you would expect from a portable, for use in hotel rooms or the back of a car it's fine. Sounds better from the headphones. only gripe no manual, not that it's ground breaking tech but it would have been nice. Overall buy one you'll not be sorry
on 24 May 2009
I bought this player for my 2 year old daughter in view of a 24 journey back to Europe. The battery lasted for ever and occupied her in those times when she got restless and we had run out of alternative and more traditional modes of entertainment such as reading, drawing etc. I used a 16gb pendrive to play AVI files she loved. It played most DVDs which are to be found in Asia etc. Only one genuine DVD I cannot play, a Dora one bought in Australia, otherwise those from Europe are absolutely fine. It is a little noisy zhen it loads up the DVD only, after that it is dead quiet. The headphones provided are ok but not great since of a small size and even then they keep coming off, so I would probably buy some other or extra ones, as you have 2 plugs. I had done my homework before deciding on the item and am happy with its specs so far.
on 6 December 2008
This player is really high quality and does have a save facility so if you stop the player mid dvd it remembers where you were upto for the next time you press play. I find this a really useful feature and something that should be in the description. Picture quality and audio are excellent.The carry case is also of really good quality with a carry handle and an assortment of straps for carrying the bag and the player securely.
on 9 March 2009
good product original bought the sony 8" portable but it packed in after two weeks,amazon were unable to source any more so i went for this.it does the job well and the extra 1" on the screen makes a difference, you also get a bag plus leads for charging and car and playing via tv plus a pair of headphones which are very good.thanks very much to amazon for there customer service.Toshiba SDP91SDKTB - 9" Portable DVD Player with Carry Case
on 26 March 2009
This player by Toshiba was bought as it appears to play virtually anything.
I bought it for its capacity to play Divx from discs and it will also play them from a pen drive via the usb.
It seems to cope with them all admirably as well as the ordinary DVD'S .
It also looks good and the screen is a reasonable size.Sound could be louder but headphones improve it greatly.
All in all I am delighted with the item.
on 4 February 2009
Great picture. Sturdy for travelling but not too heavy. Really good bag and accessories supplied. But best of all really long battery life - fantastic for keeping the kids setttled at the airport. Played for at least 4 hours without running out.
on 27 October 2008
Great all round item, does very well all that you would want from a portable DVD player with excellent picture quality.
Lacking in sound when not using headphones, the ones that came with it throw away and invest in a decent pair, Sound cancelling type for aircraft etc.
on 1 November 2008
As with the other reviews that have gone before, I can't fault Amazon for their delivery or service, however I've been un-impressed with this product and have subsequently returned it to Amazon. On opening the box, we were presented with a leaflet which insisted the DVD player should not be used in a moving vehicle (despite the car adaptor and carry bag). Whilst frustrated by this, we were more frustrated to find that the DVD player struggled to play DVD's. Out of the 10 dvd's we put in the device, only 2 would play without freezing, and 4 would not play at all (despite them being brand new region 2 Disney discs). The device is also very noisy on trying to load discs. I've subsequesntly gone out and bought the Philips PET831/05 DVD player, which for around £30 more is a much better player.

Amazon have been great in resolving the issues though, and their customer service excellent.

Andy
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2009
Very good product this dvd player from Toshiba
What I liked:
1.The screen rotates in different angles
2.Plays a variety of formats
3.It looks very nice and the screen is just perfect with the 9 inches
4.Battery lasts but this can be of course in report with how much you use it.
5.My boy loves it:)and thats why I have bought it.It comes also with a carry case.

What I didn t like that much:
battery can be quite fiddly to attach,not a major issue obviously,still 5 stars for me:)
I hope it helps..happy shopping!