5.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector
Was very easy to add to bench which I bought from Amazon. It also made the bench looked loverly while giving it protection.
Published 20 months ago by dee

3.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector
Published on 9 July 2009 by S. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector, 9 July 2009
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
I bought this to treat a new bench, which I allowed to weather for a couple of weeks as instructed. I followed the recommendation to try out the protector on a hidden part of the bench to check the colour and it looked okay after two coats, so I proceeded to do the whole bench. I did it on a hot day and wore sunglasses, so I did not notice that the colour was different to the test patch until I had finished - and I do not like it (it is quite 'tan' to my eye).

I believe I shook the protector to the recommended extent prior to all applications, but may not have allowed enough drying time on the test patch before I did the rest.

On the positive side, I do have a bench that is well protected against the weather (which was the main point of the exercise) and the colour is starting to grow on me. But I suggest that a test patch is left for 24 hours to allow the colour to fully develop before embarking on the whole project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector, 24 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful addition for teak furniture, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
This protector offers the ultimate in keeping your garden furniture in good shape, and excellent product! Easy to apply and water based so no mess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 1 Sep 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
It's Teak Protector and it protects your teak. Maintains that warm honey colour of the original article and application cloth (supplied) washes out in water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector - its advantages, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
This product is effective and very easy to use - a good Teak Protector for all garden furniture (well obvioiusly Teak Furniture only not Pine)

5.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
Very easy to apply as compared to teak oil .which masks rather than enhances the appearance of the wood.i Will continue to use this product only.

2.0 out of 5 stars Delivered quickly and very easy to apply, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
Delivered quickly and very easy to apply. However, and I've found this with various brands, within a week or two the coating starting to be stripped off in random patterns by what appear to be slugs or snails!! They seem to have a taste for this stuff.
Pretty expensive for something which has to be recoated every few weeks to keep it looking good.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to apply, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
It did what it said on the can. easy to apply, only slightly changed the teak colour. Good so far but I guess it will take a year before I can see how well it's done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
Bought this previously to do our wooden furniture on the patio and it has held up well, although my husband has done them again this year. I am not entirely happy with the colour, but as the furniture has held up well, can't fault the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teak Protector, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Teak Protector - Jati Brand, Quality & Value
All good so far, freshly used so not sure how long before it fades and needs re applying. Great colour