5.0 out of 5 stars What I have been waiting for!
Published on 21 Jun. 2008 by C. Lowing

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
I think I liked this game but I quickly forgot it and now do not even remember having it. Maybe I should look at it again.
Published 19 months ago by Ms. A. Stokell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What I have been waiting for!, 21 Jun. 2008
C. Lowing "caroline8779" (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I got my DS for Christmas this year and have really enjoyed playing some excellent games. I loved Zelda and Hotel Dusk and the brilliant Cooking Mama games. After that, though, I have been quite disappointed. Until now! Soul Bubbles is one of those games that has a simple concept but real playability. You have to shepherd spirits around various landscapes in a bubble. The genius bit is the masks that you can wear to make new bubbles, cut bubbles and deflate large bubbles. As you go along you can shoot at baddies and learn new skills.
It has the puzzle element of the Zelda games along with the easy playing action of Cooking Mama. A classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., 17 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
It's hard to make a game that just feels "right" - a game that gives a tangible sense of satisfaction as you play. Moving a bubble through a maze is a simple concept, but Mekensleep have executed it perfectly, successfully delivering on their objective of making creative and original games. The bubble bounces, contorts, and squeezes through narrow gaps like a kind of greased balloon. It really is wonderful to watch and shows that tremendous attention has been paid to the game's physics.

The artwork is stunning, and I found myself enjoying looking at the backdrops as much as I did actually playing the game. The soundtrack is well considered, with soft music and nature sounds playing in the background. It's a very relaxing experience.

My only concern is with the game's longivity, as it can be finished fairly quickly. However, I would still rate it as an excellent purchase - it may not last long, but it doesn't really need to. The overall experience is just sublime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Addictive, 27 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is one of those games that you find in the shop, pick up and wonder at and, when you finally get it home, it turns out to be a real treasure. It is a lovely, addictive, little game, which is oddly relaxing to play. The puzzle levels are not exactly difficult but they are challenging enough to keep you interested. You play a little flying fellow who blows a bubble containing seven souls from one end of a maze to another, through different landscapes and obstacles to get all seven souls safely to the other end, squeezing, slicing, cutting and occasionally shooting your way through, often taking detours along the way to find other things you need. Sometimes you need to make new bubbles to solve puzzles, and other times you need to cut your existing one in half. The ease of the controls mean that even the most anti of gamers, who will not broach their way past brain training and the countless sudoku games, will find it easy to play and it has certainly helped my friend expand her gaming experience. My only criticism, and it is a very small criticism, is that it is such a short game, about 8 hours worth of game play, but that is not a major issue, I can always step away from it and then come back and play it again. As the fun little disclaimer right at the start says, I really did find everything turned out Hunky Dory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry, it'll all be hunky dorie!, 6 April 2009
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is one of those games that is interesting but the idea sounds boring. I'd seen videos but wasn't sure if the game was for me, but i had it for my birthday and decided to give it a go. Will someone please tell me why this game has never got much advertising time?! It is such a beautiful game- the music and the backgrounds are amazing. The idea may sound boring but believe me- there's puzzle solving to do (sometimes you really have to think) and the characters are really cool. To me, it's really relaxing aswell and i don't get stressed playing it (could be because of the music and backgrounds).

There are two little niggles with it. First, you can only save one game, which is a pity as my sister would have liked a go, and secondly, sometimes the question markers are a little beyond a problem which means spending a little too long on one part. However, these really are small problems and will not affect the gameplay.

This is such a gem of a game. It is a pity there are only seven levels but it's something which can easily be replayed. For the price it is at the moment, it's a steal. If you're looking for something new to play, get this game, and don't worry, everything will be hunky dorie at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very hunky dory :), 6 May 2009
E. Harley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
As indeed the disclaimer that greets you as you load the game promises. My boyfriend bought this game for me two days ago on a whim because he thought I might like it. I am now trying to sneak in a few minutes of gameplay at work during some down time. Such is the addictive nature of Soul Bubbles. The concept is absurdly simple - use your stylus to create bubbles that can guard and herd seven vulnerable spirits through 8 worlds and 40 levels, protecting them from mean-looking creatures with evil plots, and avoiding the many obstacles that would destroy your bubble and it's precious cargo. The puzzles themselves are pretty simple, although they get slightly more challenging as you progress. Nothing mind taxing though, the overall effect is a combination of relaxing and satisfying - great for a London commute!

I love this game for several reasons, the main one being the actual physics of the bubbles, which bounce, squeeze and float their way around the landscapes in a very realistic way, all with gentle movements of the stylus. The main character also acquires different skills during the adventure, such as cutting bubbles to make them easier to fit through small gaps, creating new bubbles and deflating current ones. All these abilities are controlled by the D-pad - again with the simplicity. And a final nod to the levels themselves - they are beautiful. Thoughtfully drawn and vividly coloured, and full of really nice touches like the dandelion clocks that shed their seeds when blown on, the jungle branches that flutter in the breeze, and the falling rain. These details show just how much thought has gone into this game. Mekensleep is definitely a developer to watch - Soul Bubbles shows that they seem to understand the capabilities of the DS console almost as well as Nintendo.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hidden gem, 6 April 2009
Dr Evil (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I got `Soul Bubbles' (as well as New Super Mario Bros) included with my new Nintendo DSi and I'd never heard of it before so didn't expect much from it, but I stuck it on for a quick go and was instantly addicted - this game is brilliant! You take control of some little wind fairy thing (not a very accurate description, I know!) who has to blow a bubble through mazes, making sure that the souls held inside it do not get lost. You can also cut up, stick back together, inflate and deflate the bubbles too to help you on the way.

Everything is controlled by the stylus (and occasionally you have to blow in the mic) so it is very user-friendly. The graphics are some of the best I've seen on the DS, being very detailed and extremely colourful. The music is fairly soothing and relaxing and fits in perfectly with the tone of the game. From what I've played there seems to be a lot of levels to get through, so I can imagine this will last you a long time too.

Overall for an unknown game this was an excellent surprise and is one of the best I've played on the DS so far. At such a low price too, I'd highly recommend picking up this little gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, relaxing game, 16 Jun. 2008
Ms. E. Durkin "ellie" (Cheshire. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is awesome. basically you have to protect 7 spirits in each level, and guide them to the next world (or something), using a bubble. the controls are so simple, you just slide the stylus across the screen in the direction you want to blow the bubble, and its really responsive too. the movement of the bubble is really realistic, and the backgrounds and music are lovely, with each world (theres 8) having a different theme.you can also cut the bubble to make it fit into tight spaces, deflate it and make new bubbles.

The game is also a good difficulty level, im around the middle of the game, and the levels are do-able but still challenging, without getting really frustrating. My only problem is that i think im going to finish the game pretty quickly, but ill defiantly be replaying it, so i dont mind. If you like puzzle platform games, then defiantly but it, but would also recommend to pretty much anyone, unless youre looking for another halo or gta.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Game., 22 Feb. 2009
Lil 1965 (Wirral, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is a great game which needs lots of patience. What a bargain price too. Lovely graphics and calming music. I would highly recommend this to anyone (but maybe not for the very young). Curl up on the sofa if you have an hour (or two) and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars bursting with delight, 23 Feb. 2009
A. S. Allen "upton gone" (Slough UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Bought for my wife who does not timed games or shooty things. Bought on back of customer reviews on Amazon website. Excellent graphics, good challenges and very engrossing. A game that never made rave reviews in any paper or magazine I saw but much more fun and longer lived than many a game that is widely advertised and featured in the press. So thanks to all who sent in reviews - much more reliable than any other source of information on these things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun, 6 Feb. 2009
J. Brown (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I was encouraged to buy the game due to good reviews and a bargain price, and I've not been disappointed!

In the game you play a spirit herder who safely moves 7 spirits within a bubble around each level of the game. Before you start your first game you get a trial run to teach you the controls and various skills - like drawing, cutting and deflating bubbles.

After you complete your training phase there are two levels unlocked and as you progress you unlock further levels. The game itself is a fun concept with good graphics and background music. To play the game you use mainly the stylus with the arrow buttons to complete a function.

Definitely worth buying as it's suitable for all the family, and for the price you can't go wrong!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS)
Soul Bubbles (Nintendo DS) by Eidos (Nintendo DS)